You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ground share rears its head again...

Mark P

the more time passes, the more i feel we are going to be pushed into this. what worries me most (apart from having to share with these pr1cks and leaving anfield) is what if these f*ckers get relegated? they've got no money as it is. how do they keep up with their end of their payments? what would that mean to us if they couldn't afford to pay? i can't see any sensible financial reason to take on debt with a club in as poor a financial position as efc.

A groundshare can only work if both clubs go in as equal partners and thats not gonna happen. Everton are poorer and less prestigious than us. Look at the things that a new ground needs for us - museum, trophy room, corporate facilities etc etc. Why should we dilute our share just to make them feel important,or accept a 50-50 split on revenue from ground tours, when people are only arsed about us. I agree with JS though, we are getting pushed into this, something seriously iffy is going on and why oh why have the council still not considered the planning application.

Guest Paul Geffin

I couldnt stand the thought of a groundshare. I dont like hats, caps, scarfes, replica shirts, flags etc. the thought of some ethnic red decked head to toe in club merchandise in my seat every week appalls me.

Also if we did share a ground would all the signs round the ground have to have a foreign translation underneath to accomodate all your Welsh, scandinavians, cornish etc?

It'll never ever, ever, ever happen.

Fact.

For Liverpool FC there isn't a single benefit. Not a fucking one.

Fuck Everton, the fucking freeloading scroungers.

It's like if I was fairly well-to-do and decided that, having made a success of my life, I would like to build a nice big new house for my family.

But then, the family of crack heads next door ask the council if they can move in to my nice new house. Purely because they've pissed their own careers up the wall and managed their own money badly, they can't look after themselves properly and they can't even get a mortgage.

It really is that ludicrous.

It will never, ever, ever happen, so nobody (red or blue) has to worry about it.

Everton will stay in the stadium of wood until it falls apart. Afterall, it's a stadium more than fitting for a club of their stature.

I couldnt stand the thought of a groundshare. I dont like hats, caps, scarfes, replica shirts, flags etc. the thought of some ethnic red decked head to toe in club merchandise in my seat every week appalls me.

Also if we did share a ground would all the signs round the ground have to have a foreign translation underneath to accomodate all your Welsh[b/], scandinavians, cornish etc?

The thought of you sitting in the same ground as other people would appall the police!

The priceless irony of an Evertonian accusing us of having Welsh support.

Everton - Pride of North Wales.

Also if we did share a ground would all the signs round the ground have to have a foreign translation underneath to accomodate all your Welsh, scandinavians, cornish etc?

And what makes you think an ethnic Red would want to sit amongst your discarded pie wrappers ? Not as Pukka as you pal.

It'll never ever, ever, ever happen.

Fact.

For Liverpool FC there isn't a single benefit. Not a fucking one.

Fuck Everton, the fucking freeloading scroungers.

It's like if I was fairly well-to-do and decided that, having made a success of my life, I would like to build a nice big new house for my family.

But then, the family of crack heads next door ask the council if they can move in to my nice new house. Purely because they've pissed their own careers up the wall and managed their own money badly, they can't look after themselves properly and they can't even get a mortgage.

It really is that ludicrous.

It will never, ever, ever happen, so nobody (red or blue) has to worry about it.

Everton will stay in the stadium of wood until it falls apart. Afterall, it's a stadium more than fitting for a club of their stature.

Gotta love Tom's analogy!!

Spot on Tom.

It really is time we started to think of ways we can concentrate the Council's mind. Any ideas. Now that the local elections have been and gone, we aren't able to put up our own candidates any more.

With The Mancs about to increase capacity again to 75,000 it's obvious that our plans for 60,000 are inadequate. With a £20m grant and Everton taking out a mortgage on say £40m, we could build a stadium holding 70,000 or more at a cost to ourselves of about £40m.

Makes sense to me, if they can't pay it they go bust. Their debt not ours. it would hardly be sharing the whole stadium anyway, all of their fans could mass behind one goal.

With The Mancs about to increase capacity again to 75,000 it's obvious that our plans for 60,000 are inadequate. With a £20m grant and Everton taking out a mortgage on say £40m, we could build a stadium holding 70,000 or more at a cost to ourselves of about £40m.

Makes sense to me, if they can't pay it they go bust. Their debt not ours. it would hardly be sharing the whole stadium anyway, all of their fans could mass behind one goal.

There's still no benefit for us in that whatsoever. So they go bust? Great, that means we then just have to pay for both "halves" of the stadium and end up owning it completely anyway. So why not just do that in the first place by building our OWN stadium? makes sense to me. We can afford it, the finance is literally just sitting there. They can just about afford Marcus Bent. The debate should end right there in my opinion.

And besides, If you can find a bank who will lend Everton £40m then please let me know which one it is. Tell them that I'll take forty big ones as well please. How could they possibly refuse? After all, I have about £40m more than Everton do at the moment.

Whether we like it or not football is a business - a fucking big business. I wonder what other big business in this world would say, "Oh, bless their little cotton socks! Our competitors across the road can't afford to expand and improve themselves. Let's take pity on them and let them move in to our new warehouse!! Yes lets!"?

It's just plain stupid.

By that logic Manchester United should be having us "bunking up" with them by now.

Guest DIGGERS DRIBBLE

If AC Milan & Inter Milan can share a ground why can't Liverpool & Everton???

If we shared a ground we would share costs of the build (i hope). Man Utd are paying £45M for an extra 7,000 seats we could be paying £40-50Million for a brandnew 60'000 stadium.

Running costs of the stadium would surely be halved and the revenue from match days would be kept by the club who is playing at home.

2 museums, 2 club shops, 2 home ends and white seats.

I agree on the stadium tours bit though as who in the hell visits the city of liverpool and goes to see goodison!!!!!

I am from Liverpool and have a season ticket but it wouldn't bother me sharing with Everton. Since my first game in 1984 Anfield has changed on 3 of the 4 stands, the famous Kop has been demolished. If the Old Kop still stood then moving to new stadium would have been a no-no for me but we have moved on and maybe its time to put the english mentality of not sharing stadiums in the past as well and be the first in the country to do so.

Who's to say football will be this popular in 20 years time or god forbid we got relegated, we wouldn't fill the 60'000 week in week out or get the same revenue from sky. At least we would be sharing the costs of running the stadium.

I have to say i don't think the groundshare will happen but we are about the only set of supporters from the same city who could (in the eyes of the rest of the country).

Just wish Parry would come out and basically say exactly what Tom has said, although not as eloquently, obviously!! Seriously, though, I'm sure he could diplomatically tell us that there is no way we're gonna share with Everton and if the council don't like our Stanley Park plan, we're gonna go/look elsewhere.

"If AC Milan & Inter Milan can share a ground why can't Liverpool & Everton???"

because Milan and Inter are both on an equal footing financially, niether of them own the stadium, and there just quite simply isn't possible for them to both have their own stadium.

Us and Everton are poles apart financially, we both currently own our own stadium anyway, and there si and always will be the capability for us to both have seperate stadia.

"If we shared a ground we would share costs of the build (i hope)."

'Fraid not. How can everton pay a single penny when they are £40m in debt??

"Man Utd are paying £45M for an extra 7,000 seats we could be paying £40-50Million for a brandnew 60'000 stadium."

Exactly!!! So for just twice that, what an absolute bargain we are getting!!! We'd ve stupid NOT to go ahead with our own stadium.

"Running costs of the stadium would surely be halved and the revenue from match days would be kept by the club who is playing at home."

That's exactly what happens now. In our own ground.

"I have to say i don't think the groundshare will happen but we are about the only set of supporters from the same city who could (in the eyes of the rest of the country)."

but why???? there is NO BENEFIT FOR US. ONLY FOR EVERTON. It's THE worst business proposition I've ever come across and to even CONSIDER it is just ludicrous.