You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, split hairs all you want. Why the youngsters though? Why single them out? If you asked me to name the shit players yesterday, I'd name everyone bar Gerrard. You would too, right? But he blamed the youngsters.

I wonder if there is a developing narrative whose context that could be injected into . . .

'developing narrative whose context could be injected into'!

Sorry, I thought you were wrong, however it seems that you are articulate and therefore not a pedantic git - who disapears when the going is good, but comes back all guns focussed when we get beat.

FYI Whelan is chatting shit. As you say, the midfield has been crap for aeons. Less of an issue when your defense is solid. More of an issue when it is not.

No, your chatting shit - you equate the 'poor defense' to Rodgers, I equate it to poor players.

Or do we all ignore the piss poor defensive performances of last season!

I think the team Rodgers picked, his tactics and his hesitance in making changes were all tremendous errors in judgement and cost us our best chance of winning a trophy this season.

I am not convinced we would have defended any better with our first choice back 4 and that's an even bigger concern. I want to know why what was a highly capable defensive unit has suddenly become frightened for their lives whenever a cross comes in or somebody runs at them. I want to know why Rodgers system leaves us so vulnerable defensively and, more to the point, I want to know why, after 5 months, he doesn't do something about it.

They were doing the same thing last season FFS!

QPR - 2-0 up and cruising, 3 goals in the last 15 minutes, Newcastle away, Wigan at home, Bolton away - all matches which teams cut us apart - was that the new system?

The defense was shit last season, the difference is this year we have scored 40 goals compared to 25 last season.

I think Rodgers has every right to have a go at his players. Stevie and Suarez both put a shift in yesterday, but other than that, they were sub par. The sub par players were mostly youngsters. Rodgers is right to have a go. They should have had more fight about them.

PS - I haven't seen anyone comment about Robinson telling Suarez to F off. It happened late in the game. Robinson was on the overlap and I think he had a shot, off target, when Suarez was in the middle. Suarez moaned (as he does, but no complaint about him - great player) but Robinson, as he was running back into position, told Suarez to F off. I thought it showed a certain character that a young player would talk to an established world class player like that. Then again, Robinson could have just been frustrated as he was not having a good game.

PS - I haven't seen anyone comment about Robinson telling Suarez to F off. It happened late in the game. Robinson was on the overlap and I think he had a shot, off target, when Suarez was in the middle. Suarez moaned (as he does, but no complaint about him - great player) but Robinson, as he was running back into position, told Suarez to F off. I thought it showed a certain character that a young player would talk to an established world class player like that. Then again, Robinson could have just been frustrated as he was not having a good game.

You should try reading the thread then. Probably hard though with the amount of crap in it, admittedly.

You really have lost me.

You said

I'm all for bollockings.

But not when he's chucked 4 strangers in to the back 4 and populated the midfield with crisps.

Rug pulled from under etc....

To which I replied

There were 2 teenagers in the back 4 but don't let the facts get in your way.

The fact you do not know what your are talking about helps make it quite clear why you don't understand.

I think Rodgers has every right to have a go at his players. Stevie and Suarez both put a shift in yesterday, but other than that, they were sub par. The sub par players were mostly youngsters. Rodgers is right to have a go. They should have had more fight about them.

I would like to give Robinson the benefit of the doubt and look at it like you described there G.

Agree with all of that.

They were doing the same thing last season FFS!

QPR - 2-0 up and cruising, 3 goals in the last 15 minutes, Newcastle away, Wigan at home, Bolton away - all matches which teams cut us apart - was that the new system?

The defense was shit last season, the difference is this year we have scored 40 goals compared to 25 last season.

Two teams conceded less goals than us last year.

How do you know?

Where you inside Rodgers mind at the point he gave the inerview?

Also my eyesight is quite good thanks, no need to make the words bigger.

What, what? How do I know what? I was asking you, if you thought he deliberately chose a word which didn't describe what it was he was talking about. It seems you do. That's all.

Where I in his head? What, What? I was in Florida. It wasn't me. Honest, guv.

Nail on head. Rodgers DOES probably think of it as an admission of weakness to have more combative players in the side.

He spent £15m on a player he didn't need. Allen is playing like a little boy in the centre. Anybody on the forum can probably muscle him off the ball. You can get away with these types of players if they have the talent of Xavi or Iniesta but its nigh on impossible to find a similarly gifted talent to play the system Rodgers wants.

This is the premier league. you have to fight for the right to play. We don't do that. Whats wrong in begin pragmatic?

I'm not talking about bringing in cart horses. There's players who are physical that can play. Newcastle just signed one for peanuts that's probably on a third of the wage of joe allen!

We're also going to have to bring in a leader, a dominant type at the back because Carra is the only one that can do it and he's 35. Skrtel doesn't play like an experienced centre back and certainly cannot lead!

Combine this with a potential new goalkeeper and thats almost the spine of it seem that needs to be addressed this summer.

Bolton 3-1 Liverpool: Daily Mirror match report - Kenny Dalglish tears into disrespectful players - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

“That’s the worst *performance I’ve seen, without taking anything away from Bolton,” said Dalglish. “I don’t think the approach was correct, I don’t think the way we went about our work was correct.

“If the players needed a lesson to be taught to them, then this was it.

“If they just think they can turn up and get a result, not be as *competitive and match the opposition for effort and commitment, then they’ve had a lesson.

If they thought this wasn’t as important as other games, then they’ll not be here.

And if that’s the level they think Liverpool football club should be playing at, then they’re wrong.

“If you have pride in *yourself and your football club, that reflects in the effort you put in. I don’t know where this has come from, but it had better go quickly.” Chief among those players whose future is under *scrutiny is Carroll

Nail on head. Rodgers DOES probably think of it as an admission of weakness to have more combative players in the side.

He spent £15m on a player he didn't need. Allen is playing like a little boy in the centre. Anybody on the forum can probably muscle him off the ball. You can get away with these types of players if they have the talent of Xavi or Iniesta but its nigh on impossible to find a similarly gifted talent to play the system Rodgers wants.

This is the premier league. you have to fight for the right to play. We don't do that. Whats wrong in begin pragmatic?

I'm not talking about bringing in cart horses. There's players who are physical that can play. Newcastle just signed one for peanuts that's probably on a third of the wage of joe allen!

We're also going to have to bring in a leader, a dominant type at the back because Carra is the only one that can do it and he's 35. Skrtel doesn't play like an experienced centre back and certainly cannot lead!

Combine this with a potential new goalkeeper and thats almost the spine of it seem that needs to be addressed this summer.

Can`t argue with that mate!