You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Following

Kevin D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it, I think its good. Some of the casting hasn't been great for the cult guys but you can't win them all.

I like where the story is going and I have a sneaky feeling that the FBI bitch is part of the following.

Seeing as sky have this down as series 1 pt 3 they must be able to keep it going long enough for series 2.

Bacon is quite tolerable too.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Any reason why? I don't disagree, just interested.

I can spot all the 'jumpy' moments before they happen. There's a load of killings, which takes away from the impact; when it happens every few minutes, you get numb to it. The acting of the two guys is flat, and the script for them is really quite one dimensional.

It's just not taking me. I'll probably watch another episode or two, as the two main characters are okay, but if it's no better I'll drop it.

I like it, I think its good. Some of the casting hasn't been great for the cult guys but you can't win them all.

I like where the story is going and I have a sneaky feeling that the FBI bitch is part of the following.

Seeing as sky have this down as series 1 pt 3 they must be able to keep it going long enough for series 2.

Bacon is quite tolerable too.

I agree, thought that in the last episode and thought that she is playing Bacon as she knew that Carrol got the better of him, using it a a kind of bond.

I'm enjoying it so far, but can't wait til the 2 gays a killed as they are just annoying me and cannot act to save their lives. Maybe once the girlfriend finds out he is batting for the other side she'll show us what her MO is.

I reckon people have to manage their expectations ( nice bit of management speak there.) It's a show about a serial killer who cultivates a group of people into killing for him. It's exactly as I thought it would be. Great show? No, but it's a decent bit of telly.

Same goes for Homeland, the amount of people moaning because it's not ' realistic ' gets on my tits. The minute I read the premise of the show I knew it was going to be far fetched. Still doesn't make it a bad programme though.

I reckon people have to manage their expectations ( nice bit of management speak there.) It's a show about a serial killer who cultivates a group of people into killing for him. It's exactly as I thought it would be. Great show? No, but it's a decent bit of telly.

Same goes for Homeland, the amount of people moaning because it's not ' realistic ' gets on my tits. The minute I read the premise of the show I knew it was going to be far fetched. Still doesn't make it a bad programme though.

That's a good point SA, if you don't like it- don't watch it.

And yeah the gays are pretty we er gay!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ShoePiss

Got up to episode 5 yesterday, don't think I'm going to continue with it unless I happen to catch it on the telly live. Homeland was miles better at this stage.

Got up to episode 5 yesterday, don't think I'm going to continue with it unless I happen to catch it on the telly live. Homeland was miles better at this stage.

I think it was always going to be a very different show to Homeland, so it's a tad unfair to compare it. The first season of Homeland was great as well, so it's not a shame not matching up.

I've started it now, so I'll watch until the end of the season at least, but that last episode just made me laugh to be honest. I've always expected the show to be a bit of a stretch, but come on.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

How many fucking Followers has he got? He should have had about 3/4 to make the show tight and suspenseful. Off the top of my head he's had the two gays and the nanny, the married couple, the guy who took his wife, the guy Bacon shot dead at the farmhouse, the two fellas who took out the swat team and there is at least one more they have been talking to on the phone. Oh, and that policewoman. That's 11 people, with more to come no doubt. Shit, forgot that guard at the prison, so 12.

As well as the fact that two of them are capable of taking out four member of a swat team, it's more than a little silly now. But I will stick with it.

SA- posting on phone, so bear with me. Your post in NSFW tab. Can the correlation of this be taken into everyday american life where they all want to be famous. All of the so called gun killers have wanted to write "their" chapter of history, like in the programme

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Sure, if it was a smaller amount of people. 12 or more people is pushing that concept, to say the least. For example, it's not just a case of him corrupting a few like minded individuals, he somehow got that sherrifs department woman to side with him, how does that come about? He'll have someone in the FBI as well no doubt.

Just thought of a thirteenth as well, the woman who kills herself in the first episode with the tattoos all over her body.

Like I say, I expected their to be flaws all over the place from the off, but another thing that annoys me a bit is that they are letting all these people visit a notorious serial killer, in prison, but not screening them to make sure one of them isn't, say, the nanny of his wife. And they would definitely be listening surreptitiously to their conversations?

I'm enjoying it so far but it needs a beginning and an end rather than just drift off endlessly with new cultists popping up every week. They should wrap it up in one series but they'll milk it until it becomes boring.

It's happening already.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watched the first two episodes last night. Thought it was decent if not brilliant. I like James Purefoy though he seems to be trying to be Hannibal Lecter in this and there’s really only one guy who can pull that off. Purefoy was excellent as Mark Antony in Rome and was great in Ironclad. Perhaps he’s more suited to historical roles.

Oh and thanks to one numbarse I already know one of the twists, so will avoid reading anyone else’s thoughts on the programme. Could anyone commenting on a tv series use NSFW tags? Ta.