You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

15 mill is 5 mill to much but hey overpaying is what we do.

Hes clearly a talented player who would improve us but does come across as quite an arrogant selfish cock , but then il'd rather have an arrogant selfish cock playing for us than some meek scared pussy.

Get him in , cant be fucked to be to picky at this moment in time unless its obvious , though if it was a choice of him and Ba il'd take Ba every day.

Not realistic because of his age the type of players Rodgers seems to like but i'ld honestly take Ricky Lambert if we could get him at a cheap price , given the service the bloke simply knows where the net is.

John Henry: -How is that hot shot team we brought in from City to help scour the globe to find bargains.

Ian Ayre/Brendan Rodgers:- So far we have Tom Ince he used to play for us and Sturridge who worked with Brendan at Chelsea.

JH:- Is that the one you turned down as you were worried about his attitude in the summer.

BR:- Erm no that is the one you lot leaked as we fucked up the Dempsey deal.

JH:- Well at least we are promoting young talent that will stay with us for some years.

IA: Well there could be a problem there, as we messed up the window and had to play young Raheem he now wants to be paid first team wages. We may also have upset him a bit by leaking and talking to the media about him.

JH:- Well we can sell him in Jan as that other winger we got from Holland has been ripping it up and he’s only on 24k weekly wages.

IA: Brendan doesn’t fancy him and he’s going to the African cup of nations.

JH:- Well at least we aren’t paying so much to those darn agents and we are getting more bang for our buck.

IA:- Well we paid more out this year, although we could just tell everyone Aqualini’s agent had it all, eight million in agents fees seems fair.

JH:- That seems fair it is clearly the previous regimes fault, good idea Ian.

BR: Swansea have some good players we could look at.

JH: - Brendan we are going to get that director of football in sorry.

BR: OK OK OK.

There's no way those three could have a conversation without repeating the words vision or philosophy.

Considering about 10 people have spoken about how bad his attitude is, anybody got solid examples?

Was thinking the same thing there doesn't seem to be any also for not playing much recently and being behind "el sulk" he hasn't kicked up at all. Chelsea would definitely have scored more if he played instead of him.

The only thing I don't like his his dancing when he scores but I could live with that if he was doing it for us.

He is as good as you can expect in January I think, and because of our fuck up in September, we need to take the plunge.

He can play across the front 3, he is fast and he does score! Add Walcott, or Ince to him and we have the making of a Champions League team this season.

Considering about 10 people have spoken about how bad his attitude is, anybody got solid examples?

He ran through the maternity unit at Great Ormond Street hospital, overturning the baby baskets next to the mothers' beds as he went. He also stopped off to change the tubes on the incubators in the room for seriously ill babies. I saw him do it with my own two eyes.

I remember seeing him for City against us when he was about 17/18. He was the best player on the pitch and was highly rated at the time. I think many of the questions about his attitude come from around that time as his move to Chelsea seemed a bit mercenary. There is no question in my mind that he's a talented player though. I would be happy if we got him.

So people are moaning about sterling wanting over 40k a week but sturridge is already on 50k a week.

Ye, he had a great time at Bolton, but he will want a pay rise and is he really worth 65k+ a week and over 10million in transfer fee?

Personaly I would rather get sterling signed up instead of using money on sturridge.

He is as good as you can expect in January I think, and because of our fuck up in September, we need to take the plunge.

He can play across the front 3, he is fast and he does score! Add Walcott, or Ince to him and we have the making of a Champions League team this season.

This season, you have to be kidding me?

Not the right player to spend that amount of money on. Whilst he's a decent enough player and with the lack of options in our squad, you'd think he would be a decent addition. However, I doubt he would make a valuable contribution over the season with our team still teething and I also doubt he has the mentality for the fight. There is more value abroad.

better teams or those who will finish above us this season, you can start with this lot...

manure

Citeh

Spuds

Chelski

Not certs though are they? If you had a grand would you put it all on those 4?

Spurs - the team beaten at home by Wigan, and Chelsea don't look a solid at the moment either.

He played great on the right of a front three for villas boas. He's got good pace and gets in the 6 yard box but can be a bit wasteful and ball greedy. Exactly what we need really minus the wasteful part

It's not popular I know but I'd still move Suarez for a proper centre forward with proven class, like Huntelaar. I think if we could get Sturridge or Walcott to play on the right that would be some team. There's about 50 goals in those three