You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You can tell it's close between the Lib Dems and the Tories in North Shropshire because Labour are spending all their time attacking the Lib Dems. 

That's a shame, much as I dislike the Dems, this is definitely a time for tactical voting. If Labour are definitely not in with a chance, same goes for the Greens too, they should be encouraging a tactical Lib Dem vote.

I've not been following the polls, how close is it?

7 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

That's a shame, much as I dislike the Dems, this is definitely a time for tactical voting. If Labour are definitely not in with a chance, same goes for the Greens too, they should be encouraging a tactical Lib Dem vote.

Lib Dems bookies favourites.

This is what will bring Johnson down if anything is going to do it, the Tories done give a fuck about headlines or what's right and wrong, first and foremost they want to keep their jobs.

9 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I mean, you'd have to ask Labour why they want the Tories to hold this seat.

Things are pretty close, not much in it at all.

20211212_135036.jpg

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

20211212_135036.jpg

Fuck me! Polling at 59%, that's fucking incredible.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Why do Labour want the tories to hold the seat? Have Labour attacked the Lib Dems there? Are Labour spending all of their time attacking the Libs? 

Fucking silly if they are, like I say don't like the Dems, but if they can take a seat off the Tories, fucking vote for them.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Why do Labour want the tories to hold the seat? Have Labour attacked the Lib Dems there? Are Labour spending all of their time attacking the Libs? 

I did just say that they were.

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Fuck me! Polling at 59%, that's fucking incredible.

To clarify, those are just implied odds based on the markets. I don't think anyone will be getting 59% here.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I did just say that they were.

To clarify, those are just implied odds based on the markets. I don't think anyone will be getting 59% here.

Not saying you're wrong but can you show me where? 

I recall something about a tweet containing "Hitler" by the Lib Dem candidate there? Do you mean that? 

24 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

20211212_135036.jpg

1) they don’t want a resurgent Lib Dems, it doesn’t help them long-term

2) they don’t want a quick end to Boris, he’s damaging the Tories and they want to drag out as much damage as possible

In short they have a bigger agenda than anyone-but-Tories 

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Not saying you're wrong but can you show me where? 

I think the Twitter feed of the former Shropshire Labour MEP David Hallam would be an excellent place to start:

https://twitter.com/DJAHallam

3 Tweets in the last hour, all attacking the Lib Dem candidate...

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I think the Twitter feed of the former Shropshire Labour MEP David Hallam would be an excellent place to start:

https://twitter.com/DJAHallam

3 Tweets in the last hour, all attacking the Lib Dem candidate...

Oh right so 'Labour' aren't attacking the Lib dems, 'Labour' aren't spending all of their time attacking the Lib Dems. Are Labour not right to want to try and win a seat given the feeling towards the Tories right now? If the Lib Dems really wanted to tories out they should have stopped all their attacks on Labour nationally at the last election. 

And I want the Libs to won that seat over the Tories. 

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh right so 'Labour' aren't attacking the Lib dems, 'Labour' aren't spending all of their time attacking the Lib Dems. Are Labour not right to want to try and win a seat given the feeling towards the Tories right now? If the Lib Dems really wanted to tories out they should have stopped all their attacks on Labour nationally at the last election. 

And I want the Libs to won that seat over the Tories. 

If they can't win the seat Labour shouldn't be attacking the Lib Dems. 

Judging by those three tweets though it's a "try and keep the red wall by pretending Brexit is a good idea" tactic. As utterly depressing as that is. 

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

If they can't win the seat Labour shouldn't be attacking the Lib Dems. 

Judging by those three tweets though it's a "try and keep the red wall by pretending Brexit is a good idea" tactic. As utterly depressing as that is. 

I know mate and I agree, but he isn't "Labour". He's an ex labour councillor, or basically now just some fella with a Twitter account. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Do you favour Labour and the Lib Dems supporting each other more generally in order to get the Tories out? 

Obviously I do, but opposition to that kind of thing traditionally hasn't been on the Lib Dem side.

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I know mate and I agree, but he isn't "Labour". He's an ex labour councillor, or basically now just some fella with a Twitter account. 

If Labour MPs aren't Labour, who is? Genuine question.

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

He was a Labour European MP. Also he was just one example.

"was" that kind of kills your argument. 

Show me where Labour are spending all of their time attacking the Lib Dems. 

If it wasn't for the Lib Dem leader then I suspect we could have stopped the tories being in power. But let's focus on North Shropshire. Tell me about Helen Morgan...

I've done a starmer there and given you a chance to acknowledge one thing instead of 3. 

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

"was" that kind of kills your argument. 

Show me where Labour are spending all of their time attacking the Lib Dems. 

If it wasn't for the Lib Dem leader then I suspect we could have stopped the tories being in power. But let's focus on North Shropshire. Tell me about Helen Morgan...

I've done a starmer there and given you a chance to acknowledge one thing instead of 3. 

Not sure that’s something to be positive about there fella. 

2 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Not sure that’s something to be positive about there fella. 

It wasn't meant to be. I was acknowledging I gave him an easy get out. Which of course as per usual he simply ignored because he's been picked up on chatting his usual 80's pink speedo wham.