You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Last team to beat barca in the knockout stages of the champions league = Liverpool 2006

:)

Fuck we were good back then

If messi is out, puyol out for season and mascherano suspended for 2nd leg, they have a chance

We did not knock anyone out in 2006.

• Upvote 1

Last team to beat barca in the knockout stages of the champions league = Liverpool 2006

:)

Fuck we were good back then

If messi is out, puyol out for season and mascherano suspended for 2nd leg, they have a chance

6 years ago. not 2006.

and an animated smiley is one thing but a nokia 32-10 smiley ???? i'll invite you to kfc next time

Fabregas should be a long term CM as Xavi gets older. Why the persist on playing him in a false 9 position is baffling. He is at his best when running from deep & beyond a striker.

Sanchez was very good at Udinese but has bombed at Barca. He seems to have lost a yard of pace and his confidence has gone. Taking extra touches instead of one touch and shoot.

The purchase of Song is the most baffling, particularly when they already have Mascherano. They would have been far better buying a proper CB with a physical presence.

Sanchez was brilliant for Udinese, but hasn't seemed to have been able to reproduce the same performances of late. He had the ability to beat a man, put a cross in, and score some lovely goals. His touch has gone, he doesn't seem to be the same player he was, and I think he's suffered a few injuries. Where was Pedro tonight? I didn't watch all of the Celta Vigo match, but did he get injured in that?

Mascherano as a centre half is still a mystery to me, and he was playing there before Barca bought Song. So I can see why he was played out of position for this long since they already had Busquets. But to buy Song instead of moving Masch into midfield was an odd choice. Too many midfielders? Why not buy a centre half and move Masch up to midfield where he belongs? Better yet, why not sell him back to us where we'll play him in his best position? A position we need to fill.

Shocking punditry as always from ITV, one of the best individual performances I've seen all season from a player in Tiago Silva and doesn't get a mention.

I think you listened to the game on the radio and didn't realise, they mentioned him over and over

We did not knock anyone out in 2006.

I meant to say last team to beat Barca in the knockout stages at the nou camp

6 years ago. not 2006.

and an animated smiley is one thing but a nokia 32-10 smiley ???? i'll invite you to kfc next time

Thanks hun

I think you listened to the game on the radio and didn't realise, they mentioned him over and over

I meant to say last team to beat Barca in the knockout stages at the nou camp

Thanks hun

Silva didn't get a mention after the match, Zlatan got every touch he'd taken throughout the game video clip analysed.

Did the Mail really write that?

Beckham was invisible, I watched him for about 10 minutes last night, his movement and his involvement, he was an utter passenger. Veratti is boss.

Last night I had a dilemma on the Sky Planner, I wanted to record Louie at 10pm and could only record one of either the PSGvBarca game or BayernvJuve game. I first put in the PSG game but then thought that it was likely to be a mismatch and so thought I had changed it to the Bayern game. By the time I sat down to watch my recorded game at gone 10pm, I found it had recorded the PSG game.

So I watched it and was really impressed with PSG. It's a brilliant starting XI they can field. I didn't realise how good Matuidi was, and midfield was my main concern for them coming into this match, so I was very pleasantly surprised. The keeper was solid as well, though well marshalled by the excellent Thiago Silva.

It goes to show what can happen when you spend a lot of money wisely. I love them. They've bought a team to entertain, players like Pastore and Ibrahimovic are very special, and Lucas Moura looks like he's capable of anything.

Meanwhile, Man City buy Milner and Lescott.

Did the Mail really write that?

Beckham was invisible, I watched him for about 10 minutes last night, his movement and his involvement, he was an utter passenger. Veratti is boss.

Last night I had a dilemma on the Sky Planner, I wanted to record Louie at 10pm and could only record one of either the PSGvBarca game or BayernvJuve game. I first put in the PSG game but then thought that it was likely to be a mismatch and so thought I had changed it to the Bayern game. By the time I sat down to watch my recorded game at gone 10pm, I found it had recorded the PSG game.

So I watched it and was really impressed with PSG. It's a brilliant starting XI they can field. I didn't realise how good Matuidi was, and midfield was my main concern for them coming into this match, so I was very pleasantly surprised. The keeper was solid as well, though well marshalled by the excellent Thiago Silva.

It goes to show what can happen when you spend a lot of money wisely. I love them. They've bought a team to entertain, players like Pastore and Ibrahimovic are very special, and Lucas Moura looks like he's capable of anything.

Meanwhile, Man City buy Milner and Lescott.

There are three players in their current squad who cost more than City's highest ever transfer (for Aguero). 140 million spent in a single year. They are doing very well, no doubt about it, but the trouble comes when the next wave of players are required (like at City). When you spend big, and you spend as quickly as that, you get a bit of a scatter gun approach. You get a mix of expensive hits and misses. PSG will be no different.

It's too early to really measure PSG's success.

City got some great buys in Tevez, Aguero, Kompany, De Jong, Zabaletta etc and some lousy ones with Robinho, Adebayour, Jo etc. The rest have been 'so so' type buys that some say are good, some say are poor.

Also, Paris has more pull than Manchester, in the same way London has more pull. You can only buy whoever is available, and whoever wants to come. A complicated mix sometimes.

Hand on heart, Milner and Lescott have been excellent buys. Even if paying over the odds for them, they've done the job required. If we could go back 4 years and choose who to buy again, those two would still be bought... it's the likes of Santa Cruz and Jo etc that were really awful buys.

I'd even buy Bellamy again (going back 5 years) - he was fantastic for us.

PSG are going to face the same issues City have... how to remain attractive once the first wave of high earning players have to go... and you want to lessen the wage bill and try and keep within FFP.

They did fantastically last night, but so did Celtic against Barca. I just don't think it's indicative of much either way. It's their 5th go in CL, but all credit to them, they are in with a fighting chance at the Camp Nou.

So I watched it and was really impressed with PSG.

No details on what you had for your tea?

Don't keep me hanging. What did you have for your TEA?

Ebbsfleet endure 24-hour round trip after baked bean delay

Ebbsfleet's 634-mile round trip to Barrow for a Blue Square Bet Premier match took almost 24 hours after they were held up by a baked bean spillage.

Tuesday's match, which ended 1-1, kicked off 90 minutes late as the Ebbsfleet coach was delayed on the M6.

Fleet manager Liam Daish said he only got back to his home on the south coast at 08:30 BST on Wednesday.

"I'm not full of beans at the moment," the former Birmingham defender told BBC Radio 5 live. "It was unbelievable."

The Ebbsfleet team coach set off on the 317-mile journey from Kent to Cumbria at 10:45 on Tuesday, but suffered an initial delay after an accident on the M25.

It then became stuck on the M6 after a lorry crashed near Newton-le-Willows, in Merseyside, and shed its load of baked beans on to the carriageway.

Daish said that his team did not arrive at Holker Street until 20:40 for a game that had been scheduled to kick off at 19:45. The match finally got under way at 21:15.

"We just got really snagged up in traffic," Daish said. "First, we got caught on the M25. Then the second jam was caused by baked beans. You couldn't make it up.

"I live on the south coast, and I left my house (on Wednesday) at 08:30 to get to Kent to join up with the squad.

"We travelled through the night to get back, and I walked through my front door at about 08:30 (on Thursday) morning. I've been on the go for 24 hours."

Daish's side look set to be relegated from the Blue Square Bet Premier at the end of this season, while Wednesday night's opponents Barrow are also in the bottom four.

Ebbsfleet took the lead at Holker Street through Phil Walsh, but conceded an equaliser to Adam Boyes and later had striker Nathan Elder sent off. The match finished at 23:00.

The draw has left Ebbsfleet, who have won one of their last 10 league matches, 10 points from a position of safety.

Former Republic of Ireland international central defender Daish, who also played for Cambridge, Birmingham and Coventry, has been in charge of the team since 2005, when they were known as Gravesend & Northfleet.

I see that Gala fans don't fuck around with adverse press, when a local TV station predicted a defeat, they went round to attack it!

Y! SPORTS

The funny think was that bloke at the end taking his jacket off and then his t-shirt while the mob are lobbing bricks, stones and whatever else they can find.. Proper nuts.

Anyone watching these Europa League matches? They're all mental. The defending has been laughable. No goals in the Fenerbahce v Lazio match, but Fenerbahce are going full tilt. Very entertaining.

Yeah, mate. I was actually just about to post about it then!

I'm watching Benfica V Newcastle and it's been a cracker of a first half. Could easily be 3-3!