You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nuri Sahin

WhiskeyJar

He comes across as an Eden Hazard.

"I will shortly announce what club I am signing for".

Seriously, fuck off, we don't need prima donna's.

Yeah fuck it. We'll stick with what we've got eh...

Unfortunately spongey whether he's a prima donna or not we're desperate for decent footballers because most of the ones we have are seemingly shite, can't be arsed, made of balsa wood or a combination of all three.

Seeing as Downwing has moved to left back, this lad is surely his natural replacement?.....

*gesticulating*

He's not a winger. Not prototypically anyway, I'm sure you could play him there, but it wouldn't be where he is most effective. I want to see Sterling get a game. When was the last time we had a winger with genuine pace and skill? He's young, but he's likely to do a lot more damage with his speed than any of our other options.

Very good signing. Let's hope after 3 seasons, 4 managers around 10 midfielders, we can say we found a player with similar to Xabi's passing skills. Even for one season.

Piece of cake to replace Xabi. Some people thought that with 30m would be easy to find another pass master. Lesson to learn imo.

Back to Sahin, have I just missed the classic moan fest about his wages, the tape he uses, or his socks, his attitude or something?

He's not a winger. Not prototypically anyway, I'm sure you could play him there, but it wouldn't be where he is most effective. I want to see Sterling get a game. When was the last time we had a winger with genuine pace and skill? He's young, but he's likely to do a lot more damage with his speed than any of our other options.

If Downing plays against Man City instead of Sterling it'll be a travesty.

He probably will though.

Oh dear, oh dear, it's back. A great fucking deal.

I reckon there will be a minor mass exodus of central midfielders the coming week.

My bets:

Spearing or Shelvey, loan

Adam, Stoke

Henderson, loan deal back to Sunderland with an option to buy they won't use

Yeah because we have enough depth to cover 4 midfielders leaving...

Spearing is gone i guess, and Shelvey will be loaned out if we cannot offload Adam for a decent price.

Either way if we just offload Spearing and get Sahin we have a great midfield, with great options on the bench.

Not that i have anything against Spearing, but lets face it. He is not a good enough holding midfielder for a top side. Love his attitude and wish him the best if he is leaving.

Probably right that any report would have his wage in Euros. Would be 95 a week at the said rate, after tax. Based on that my guess is we would be paying half - @ 70-75 GBP a week pre tax- a good deal for us when you consider what we have on the payroll now.

He is on a reported £115k a week at Madrid and were suppose to be paying 70% of that.

About right your calculations.

According to the Arsenal forum, they seem to think that we paid 5 million up front for the loan deal plus the 14 million to make the loan deal permanent.

Some think this is ridiculous amount of money to spend on Sahin (19 million) whilst others are livid that Wegner did not spend the money to get the player he wanted.

According to the Arsenal forum, they seem to think that we paid 5 million up front for the loan deal plus the 14 million to make the loan deal permanent.

Some think this is ridiculous amount of money to spend on Sahin (19 million) whilst others are livid that Wegner did not spend the money to get the player he wanted.

Well it's a lot of money, but I think he will be a fantastic signing. I just hope it will be confirmed today, I'm fucking tired of this endless transfer saga.