You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Defence is ok, we need to concentrate on the front players

the maxi and kuyt wages teamed with hopefully dough from FSG will see us get some top class plvyers in

The problem we have is that we need to buy players in the same positions that we need to buy players in this summer. Namely both wings, a left back and a striker. We also have too many central midfielders, don't we? Unless we're gonna persist with 3 in the middle which hasn't worked.

i see this thread is over 60 pages long so forgive me if I repeat any suggestions (as I am obviously too lazy to read them all)

Robin Van Persie.

1 year left on his contract, 29 years old so admittedly no sell on value but he could give us 3-4 strong years.

What is the harm is making a bid, he has stalled Arsenal for so long.

i see this thread is over 60 pages long so forgive me if I repeat any suggestions (as I am obviously too lazy to read them all)

Robin Van Persie.

1 year left on his contract, 29 years old so admittedly no sell on value but he could give us 3-4 strong years.

What is the harm is making a bid, he has stalled Arsenal for so long.

Why do you think he's stalling over an Arsenal contract extension?

I believe he is stalling as he is awaiting a big move, a huge fee also. I think the Dutch will do well at the Euro's and in turn he will do well.

We should show our intentions before he leaves for Polond with Robben selling Madrid to him or similar.

A front 3 of Carroll, RVP & Suarez.

I believe he is stalling as he is awaiting a big move, a huge fee also. I think the Dutch will do well at the Euro's and in turn he will do well.

We should show our intentions before he leaves for Polond with Robben selling Madrid to him or similar.

A front 3 of Carroll, RVP & Suarez.

Seriously. Have a think about what you’re writing would you. Arsenal are in the Champions League. What on earth would make him want to come here? If he is going to move then it’ll be to a club where he can win a few trophies before he quits in a few years.

The Board needs to clarify whether they intend to appoint a new Director of Football as soon as possible. I fear they are postponing any announcement on Kenny's future until after the end of the season and everything else has been put on hold in the meantime.

Other clubs appear to be stealing a march on us in the transfer market. Arsenal have already secured Podolski (at a relative snip) and appear to be closing on M'Vila, Chelsea picked up Marin (for buttons) and are apparently sniffing around Hazard along with City, and United have been linked with Kagawa. The worrying thing is that the fees being mentioned are pretty modest given the quality of the players involved.

I would be in favour of the appointment of a DoF if their remit was confined to the scouting of potential signings and negotiation of transfers / contracts at all levels within the club. Ideally, the Manager would identify deficiencies in the first team squad and the DoF would come up with a list of potential recruits who are available within the club's budget. The Manager would then select his preferred targets and agree the allocation of resources with the Board.

It is unrealistic to expect that the first team manager would have time to fly around the world scouting players, meeting agents and thrashing out agreements given his other commitments. Unfortunately our club does not have a recent history of strong leadership at the very top level which has either resulted in targets being missed or the manager being forced to take on too much responsibility. This is a fault we badly need to address if we are to improve.

I'm not sure whether we simply need an excellent Chief Scout supported by an executive who is an experienced negotiator and possesses an ability to meet budget targets. The negotiation of deals should not be left to the First Team Manager as their skill set relates to the football end of things and they generally have minimal experience in a commercial setting. Our senior executives seem to be rightly focused on increasing club revenue and furthering the stadium plans so perhaps we need to bring in somebody to address the requirements on the football side of the business during this busy period. Hopefully this will happen very soon or we will end up missing out on potential targets and be forced to join the post Euro 2012 / Olympic scramble.

Preparations for next season are going to commence very early given our participation in the early stages of the Europa League and our American tour so we have a relatively small window within which to do business and integrate new players. We need to see some action from the club now to avoid a needlessly frantic and panicked Summer.

JohnnyH

So if he wants to win trophies, he will leave Arsenal.

If we sign players from mid table teams, we finish mid table, as proven this season. Perhaps if we buy less quantity but more quality and from a top 4 side, we may finish top 4? Its only a suggestion but why not, we need somebody who can put the ball in the net, he certainly can.

Or we offer Everton £10m for Jelavic. They double their money in 6 months and we take (currently) their greatest asset.

JohnnyH

So if he wants to win trophies, he will leave Arsenal.

If we sign players from mid table teams, we finish mid table, as proven this season. Perhaps if we buy less quantity but more quality and from a top 4 side, we may finish top 4? Its only a suggestion but why not, we need somebody who can put the ball in the net, he certainly can.

Or we offer Everton £10m for Jelavic. They double their money in 6 months and we take (currently) their greatest asset.

We could look outside of England for some players.

If we had spent wisely we would have been competing for the title IMO, instead we sit in joint 8th. We bought Downing for 20M, we could have got Mata. We bought Carroll for 35M, we could have got Falcao. We bought Adam for 7M, we could have got Cabaye.

This summer is key, but IMO we can still force our way back to the top if we spend well. Depends how much the owners trust kenny, and how much they back him. This is what I would do.

Out:

Downing - 12M

Aquilani - 5m

Adam - 8m

The rest eg Cole/Kuyt etc - 5M

Total - 30M

Add that 30M of sales in with 30M provided by the owners and its 60M, witt that we could sign alot of quality.

Klass Jan Huntelaar - 17M (Buyout)

Younes Belhanda - 10M

Javi Martinez - 30M

Total - 57M

Would mean we would be shaping up like this next term:

Reina

Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique

Lucas - Martinez

Belhanda - Gerrard - Suarez

Huntelaar

Subs : Doni, Kelly, Coates, Henderson, Shelvey, Bellamy, Carroll.

If we could not attract Huntelaar and Martinez I would say go for Giroud, and Nigel De Jong ( only one year left on his City deal and out of favour)

both wings need to be addressed and we have to hope that AC comes good

if City are looking to offload Johnson i think we should try and take him for the right wing

also that bastion of football insider knowledge TalkSport have us interested in Elia - who looked to have 'potential' at the world cup

i don't see us making mass sales this summer - Maxi & Kuyt seem the obvious ones

French Journo last night on talksport said we are in the box seat to sign younes belhanda

I bet we are!

Because nobody else wants the fucking no-mark, that's why.

Just looked him up, it seems I have not been paying enough attention to Montpellier. They were the ones who we played in the early 90's and had an orange kit, or was it the Mancs who played them?

I bet we are!

Just looked him up, it seems I have not been paying enough attention to Montpellier. They were the ones who we played in the early 90's and had an orange kit, or was it the Mancs who played them?

Valderramma played for them.

I bet we are!

Erm, they are top of the league!

The same league that contains Hazzard, M'Villa and Remi.

And it was the Mancs who played them.