You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

He'd be Ok as a squad player, nowhere near the hype he's getting from some posters here. Downing and Keane looked top-notch at Villa and Spurs.

If getting Dempsey would mean we'd have to sell Agger to raise funds, then that'd be disastrous. He should stay where he is.

Assuming he's submitted a transfer request, why would Dempsey do it now? He could have waited until the last day of the window.

I think he refused to play for them or something, so I guess that's the only way he can do it(via transfer request). Why now? because the Premier League start tomorrow.

But that would be valuing him for about £10-12m!

He isn't worth anything more than £7m, and that is being generous.

Yeah but my valuation of Adam is about £3m making the deal around £8m. I wouldn't go anywhere near him for £10m straight cash deal.

Assaidi completed move

think assuming it was done before 3 we can use him tomorrow, doubt he'll be involved anyway mind

I think there's more chance of Sterling being involved tomorrow than Assaidi.

He'll get the full 90 mins vs Hearts and anything before than will be a bonus taster for him and us I reckon.

I don't want him, but I think Acolyte is being unfair there. All Jol has done is confirm why he isn't in the squad, there is no indication that Dempsey has left it to the last minute at all, and even if he had, maybe it is because despite letting them know he wants to move on they still insist on asking for £10m for him!

According to Jol, Dempsey was telling people he was going to Liverpool even though we hadn't bid. Now Jol is pissed with us for talking up his player without making a bid all due to Rogers flapping his lips to the media. Maybe Dempsey thinks putting in a request will get Fulham to drop their fee.

I think that ship has sailed. We were never going to bid anything close to 10M for 29yr old, forget that.

I really really really don't want Dempsey. I dislike him so much I couldn't cheer him in our shirt, I won't be hypocritical if he plays for us and scores I'm going to have to pretend it was a beach ball that scored.

I'd have cheered Peter bloody Sutcliffe on if he could have finished all the goalscoring chances we weren't able to last season.

17 goals, 7 assists, played a number of positions and despite being a fierce competitor only picked up 2 yellow cards.

That's all I'm interested in and if we can get him for Adam and 5m then we've pulled off a master stroke.

Just can't see FSG sanctioning it full stop. Look at the ages of the players Rogers has bought in? Not one of them over 25.

No way.

5M, maybe but Fulham will want to make us pay through the nose for him as they probably blame us for him putting in the tranfer request (and they'll be right) and we don't play that game anymore.

I'd have cheered Peter bloody Sutcliffe on if he could have finished all the goalscoring chances we weren't able to last season.

I can't do it. The shirt covers a lot of sins for me but Dempsey, no chance I won't slag him off the shirt earns him that much but I won't be singing his name. He's an epicunt, vanilla shite.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
But that would be valuing him for about £10-12m!

He isn't worth anything more than £7m, and that is being generous.

Unless it stops us signing somebody else, I actually don't care. 5m in cash and a player we're not likely to use all that often. Fuck it, sign him up.

I watched dempsey a lot last season and he busts a gut to get in the right places, he made a lot of his goals for himself.

Good point, mate, and that's one thing that's struck me watching him for Fulham. I think he's really similar to Maxi in that respect, in that his movement in and around the box and the ability to time his runs are his two greatest attributes. I think though, unlike Maxi, he offers more when the chips are down and grafts like fuck. I really liked Maxi when he was here, but I do think he was one of those players whose own performance depended on that of the team's. I'm not sure that's the case with Dempsey.

As I've said all along, the lad's a 'if the price is right' kind of player. £4-7m for me. I wouldn't be opposed to throwing Charlie Adam into the deal either.