You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Ah, we are shit are we? That a shit team that played Arsenal off the park today was it? If we had a proper number nine there today arsenal were on the end of a hiding.

I'm sick to death of people saying how we play other teams off the park, we've done it all season but it means absolutely fuck all unless your scoring, you know that thing that wins games.

At first I thought it was bad luck all the misses but it's fucking chronic throught the whole team and continued all season

Its does not work like that. I know of one forward we wanted. We offered over 20m for him. His club said no for the simple reason, they need him to make sure they get Champions League(were if he was sold it could be difficult) and in the summer they will still get that price.

£20m you say? My minds working overtime now, I wonder if it was Grant Holt or Jon Walters we were in for

Guest alantkayll
I've got to be honest we must have more then one target and I doubt all them were not available, if you want something enough you make it happen. It was obvious to all we were taking a risk not pushing for the CL, Chelsea will no doubt strengthen in the summer as will Spurs, Arsenal and the now more attractive proposition of Newcastle, we had a big chance this season to get back in the top 4 and seem to be doing our best to fuck it up

Stop moaning will you. We offered over £20m for a player. We never got him, we don't have huge amounts of money. What do you want them to do? Get a loan against future revenue?

Get used to how we will work in the future. Our club will only buy what we can afford.

I'm sick to death of people saying how we play other teams off the park, we've done it all season but it means absolutely fuck all unless your scoring, you know that thing that wins games.

At first I thought it was bad luck all the misses but it's fucking chronic throught the whole team and continued all season

So rather than us being shit we are actually just missing someone to stick the fucking thing in the net? Thankfully that can be resolved and will be resolved during the summer.

Ah, we are shit are we? That a shit team that played Arsenal off the park today was it? If we had a proper number nine there today arsenal were on the end of a hiding.

This is the shittest Arsenal team for over a decade. Not that much of an achievement.

We obliterated Stoke City 4-0 in Rafa's last season. Were we shit then?

The league table is all that matters. I'm sick of our fans justifying our crapness. Only be accepting and wholeheartedly recognising our shortcomings can we improve.

Guest alantkayll
We can't afford not to be in the CL, especially since they won't be building a stadium any time soon.

How do you know that? Its a pretty poor comment. You have no idea what they are doing regarding the stadium.

No one knows what we can or can't afford, whether Champions League is vital or not or any of the other speculative ponderings that are discussed on loop on TLW.

What I do know is people writing Kennys obituary in the match thread are pathetic. It'll take more than one summer and one full season to move us forward. It took Tottenham ages to crack the top four and they're the closest thing to us in terms of resources and approach out of the other top clubs.

We need 2 or 3 quality players this summer and I hope Kenny and Commolli go down that route. That should get us top 4, then the season after title challenge

£20m you say? My minds working overtime now, I wonder if it was Grant Holt or Jon Walters we were in for

take your pick, walcott, bent or defoe....he said the team were going for CL so I'd say it was defoe and if we offered 20 million for him we are as clueless as ever - the guy is nearly 30......to be honest after Comolli says 1 minute big players are dying to join our project then the next minute says we only need a few adjustments I am thinking he has been told off by the owners and to lower expectations....yet again we need major surgery after the expensive botched job of last summer but I have a bad feeling these guys might not invest what is necessary - hell we didn't do it in January when the world and his dog knew we needed a striker at least......we can blame comolli or kenny or the owners but somebody fcuked up and what's the result, we have 10 points from our last 10 games and have 1 point more than we did last season at this stage, abysmal!

This is the shittest Arsenal team for over a decade. Not that much of an achievement.

We obliterated Stoke City 4-0 in Rafa's last season. Were we shit then?

The league table is all that matters. I'm sick of our fans justifying our crapness. Only be accepting and wholeheartedly recognising our shortcomings can we improve.

That's the very definition of a mongy argument right there.

Stop moaning will you. We offered over £20m for a player. We never got him, we don't have huge amounts of money. What do you want them to do? Get a loan against future revenue?

Get used to how we will work in the future. Our club will only buy what we can afford.

Considering the amount of money we have completely fucking wasted then I'd imagine whoever was responsible for it must be close to the door if we are back to the days of Moores type spending. Fact is we stood still and never got a goalscorer in, that in turn could quite easy have catapulted us into 4th given how shite the rest have been, I've had 20 years of being patient and I'm nearly all out

Our short comings are not being able to put the ball in the net. We have missed six (I think) pens and hit the woodwork 21 times this season. If half of those chances went in we are sitting pretty in CL spots and everyone is slapping each other on the back. They dont go in and we have nonces flapping round like hormonal little bitches. We are progressing.

Guest alantkayll
Considering the amount of money we have completely fucking wasted then I'd imagine whoever was responsible for it must be close to the door if we are back to the days of Moores type spending. Fact is we stood still and never got a goalscorer in, that in turn could quite easy have catapulted us into 4th given how shite the rest have been, I've had 20 years of being patient and I'm nearly all out

Do you think FSG don't want to be in the top 4? If you can't get the person you want then you can't get them. Like I say we are not Man City or Chelsea.

Guest alantkayll
Our short comings are not being able to put the ball in the net. We have missed six (I think) pens and hit the woodwork 21 times this season. If half of those chances went in we are sitting pretty in CL spots and everyone is slapping each other on the back. They dont go in and we have nonces flapping round like hormonal little bitches. We are progressing.

Agree

We really should have bought Defoe.

But if they don't want to sell, we can't buy.

Having said that, we went for Robbie Keane when I'm sure if we'd have gone for Defoe back then, we'd have had more luck.

Back in December I did and would have accepted that argument, it's now 2 months later and were still having the same problems, only so much can be put down to luck. It's as if fuck all coaching has taken place since August

Guest ShoePiss
How do you know that? Its a pretty poor comment. You have no idea what they are doing regarding the stadium.

It's not a poor comment, we will not have a new stadium by 2014. I'd put money on that and I'd be very interested in a bet for 2015 too actually.

F

A

C

T