You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

He did a summary of the chavs game, along with all of the other cl games and has now been described as sticking the knife in to the current chavs manager.

Pissing myself at this.

I fucking hate him! He's done what?!

Do you know something? And this is going to sound mental, right - I wish we'd never won the European Cup with him as manager!

FWIW I don't believe him, if he reckons he watched Emlyn all those years and doesn't rate him as World Class I think he's on a wind up. Hughes was like Gerrard on speed. As far as I know he's the only club captain to lift the league, FA, EUEFA, European Cup and League Cup. Not World Class indeed.

Well, I dunno. But he joIned the site two months ago, and is already acting the cunt in the style of many previous mentalists, so you are probably right to be a bit suspicious

Guest ShoePiss
Does anyone actually read anything from that Rafa site?

God bless them.

I don't but I wanted to see what naughty things he'd been up to, turns out he hadn't. At all.

He did a summary of the chavs game, along with all of the other cl games and has now been described as sticking the knife in to the current chavs manager.

Is that all it was? The way WaltonRed was going on I thought he'd written exclusively on the Chelsea game. It would have looked weird if he'd commented on all the other games and left Chelsea out.

Perhaps some of our fans would prefer it if he didn't comment on anything ever again and did a Gary Speed.

Anyone who doesn't think Carra was world class during the 2004-2005 season, is sat at their pc, in a zombified state with a piss stain on the front of their cords.

To me Carragher never really reached the world class label, its all a question about how many world class players you can have in the same position.

I dont think more than 5-6 players can be described as world class in their position and to me Carra has never been among the best 5-6 CB's in the world, he's never even been the best CB at the club in my opinion.

Carra was a fuckin superb defender for many years, but never world class for me.

Anyone who doesn't think Carra was world class during the 2004-2005 season, is sat at their pc, in a zombified state with a piss stain on the front of their cords.

Yeah. I fully accept that criticism of Carra (and Gerrard) is like fucking catnip to me, I react in a frenzied way, but Carragher was simply outstanding then, and is one of the best defenders to ever play for Liverpool

You can't get better or higher praise than that.

No, he wasn't a player like jocky (who is probably my favourite Liverpool player ever) but that's irrelevant, great defenders don't all look and play the same

I get sooooo fucking angry when Carra is patronised with bollocks about 'made the most of his limited ability" and fucking shit like that.

He had outstanding ability; he is a brilliant footballer and a world class defender at his peak

To me Carragher never really reached the world class label, its all a question about how many world class players you can have in the same position.

I dont think more than 5-6 players can be described as world class in their position and to me Carra has never been among the best 5-6 CB's in the world, he's never even been the best CB at the club in my opinion.

Carra was a fuckin superb defender for many years, but never world class for me.

His performances in that years Champions League were epic, Code. During that time, he was one of the stand out defenders in Europe.

Yeah. I fully accept that criticism of Carra (and Gerrard) is like fucking catnip to me, I react in a frenzied way, but Carragher was simply outstanding then, and is one of the best defenders to ever play for Liverpool

No, he wasn't a player like jocky (who is probably my favourite Liverpool player ever) but that's irrelevant, great defenders don't all look and play the same

I get sooooo fucking angry when Carra is patronised with bollocks about 'made the most of his limited ability" and fucking shit like that.

He had outstanding ability; he is a brilliant footballer and a world class defender at his peak

Fuck off TK, as if i'd want him to do that

The way his blogs been picked up by the press its him putting the knife in 'or what he would of done different'

I hope he goes to Chelsea perhaps some of his followers will go with him

So now he's responsible for what the press write about Chelsea? This has legs, you're deffo on to something.

Rafa Benitez: what a low-life CUNT.

So, is Torres still a cunt?

Or have we gone back to Rafa being a cunt? Again?

PS - Walton, I think you're having a bit of a 'mare here. If he analysed all the CL games and then left out the Chelsea game, the press would have said it was a sign he was taking over.

As someone else said, is he supposed to sit in a dark hole saying nothing about anything ever again?

Spot on mate.

His performances in that years Champions League were epic, Code. During that time, he was one of the stand out defenders in Europe.

He was very good, but players like Hyypia, Cannavaro, Thuram, Nesta, Ferdinand, Carvalho, Ayala, Lucio etc all would have a good case if someone suggested they were better than Carra.

Carra was superb like you say, but nas I have said I think you need to narrow down that world class tag just to a selected few and Carra would lose out for me.

He should have played together with Ferdinand instead of Terry though, but he was not even 3rd choice for England and that makes it even harder to argue his case as most world class players would be a certain choice unless your country is blessed with more talent than natural in your position or you have some attitude issues.

• Upvote 1

Well, I dunno. But he joIned the site two months ago, and is already acting the cunt in the style of many previous mentalists, so you are probably right to be a bit suspicious

Ah yes, the MO of the true keyboard warrior.

Wait til they think someone has gone, and then slag them off and try and drum up support amongst others.

Say it to me you gutless cunt and I'll fuck you over again.

You seem fond of nicknames - how are you liking cockwomble?

What with zonal marking and all that stopper/sweeper isn't quite as clear cut as it used to be, but any time I've seen ferdinand he's always setup to play as the sweeper.

On carragher you are probably right he's never been world class. After all, he can't pass, can't win the ball in the air, he wasn't fast, etc etc.

BUT during that early period under benitez, he was IMPENETRABLE. How he managed it, I'll never know, but you can't take that away from him. He was the last player anyone wanted to come up against in that period. He was a fucking rash.

Herein lies the clue...The way we set up with a shield of either Hamann, Sissoko or Mascherano, and a possession (when Alonso played) game where we rarely gave the opposition space to run in behind (added bonus of Reina's brilliant sweeping from 05/06) meant that defenders with obvious flaws like Carra (and Hyypia) could play on and seemingly be world class. I think most supporters outside Liverpool are able to see this, hence them not rating Carra as highly as some/most on here do/did.

I think we had this debate in a thread about Sami and Carra (where something like 80 % voted Sami as the better defender), so I won't litter this thread with a complete list of my opinions... I will however say that I think the truth is somewhere inbetween what Swindle is saying and what those arguing against him are professing. I doubt many people outside England would call Martin Keown, Les Ferdinand or even Phil Thompson world class, but there are plenty who would be happy to give Rio F, Terry, Shearer or Gerrard the same tag. Carra was an integral part of a brilliant defensive setup between 2005 and 2008, whether that's enough to single him out for world class recognition I'm unsure of - but he was definitely close to it during that period. Now - not so much... He'll always be remembered as a club legend though!

So, is Torres still a cunt?

Or have we gone back to Rafa being a cunt? Again?

PS - Walton, I think you're having a bit of a 'mare here. If he analysed all the CL games and then left out the Chelsea game, the press would have said it was a sign he was taking over.

As someone else said, is he supposed to sit in a dark hole saying nothing about anything ever again?

We are all cunts and those who don't think they are are cunty fuckos.