You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, sir roger said:

They are just laughing at us , Lifey.

That’s the truth. 

Was so pissed off with it all I’ve taken a 9 month break from working in care. 

I was offered a post running three small care homes just before Christmas but if this doesn’t work out that’ll be it for me. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

9 years ago I whistleblew on Winterbourne View and the government promised us meaningful change. 

Shamefully they lied and didn’t do what was required, they’d rather not spend money on a department that isn’t a vote winner. 

Last year Panorama again exposed abuse of the most vulnerable in our society. Nothing had changed despite promises. 

This week is the anniversary of me walking out of my job, going public about whistleblowing and the panorama update. 

Shamefully the government still haven’t made any meaningful change. 

9 fucking years and no change. 

People deserve better! 

#right2home

• Upvote 6

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Trying to work out Panorama's angle for this report on Liverpool's experiences of Covid restrictions. There's been a balance of people respecting the guidelines and those who dont give a shit - as I expect would be the case all over the country. Still wary that they'll try to paint a picture of "scousers bringing it all on themselves again".

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Trying to work out Panorama's angle for this report on Liverpool's experiences of Covid restrictions. There's been a balance of people respecting the guidelines and those who dont give a shit - as I expect would be the case all over the country. Still wary that they'll try to paint a picture of "scousers bringing it all on themselves again".

Have they interviewed SD stood outside the Maccies on Church Street with the Sine Mission and a sign saying "I have seen no evidence that masks work, all neggers will lose there jobs, the neg-ee has a degree" yet? 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Have they interviewed SD stood outside the Maccies on Church Street with the Sine Mission and a sign saying "I have seen no evidence that masks work, all neggers will lose there jobs, the neg-ee has a degree" yet? 

Ha ha, looking out for it. Plenty of shots of protesters embarrassing themselves though.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
3 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

I seem to be posting this a lot.

But humans are a bit fucking shit really aren't they. 

I dismissed a member of staff last week for gross misconduct. 

I was already investigating her for her language and inappropriate behaviour whilst on shift. 

63 year old woman who was constantly sick, would never swap a shift or help out with O/T  and just constantly moaned about everything. 

I ended up working a shift and staying on as they were massively short and was giving an agency member of staff an induction so I didn’t have to do a waking night too. 

Said cunt had always moaned about agency staff (there’s massive problems with using agency staff but I’d have any of them before her). 

“I thought we were getting rid of all the p*kis and c**ns after brexit? That’s all that fucking agency ever send us”. 

I actually enjoyed sacking the cunt. 

• Upvote 2

We do a serious number on kids in general.

I had a massive regression mentally during being back at uni, but the mental health people at the uni were really good (at least the two people I had as counsellors were) and it was really beneficial. I'd never had any attempts at any kind of counselling before that ever worked for me at all.

Outside of sessions I was reading quite a lot of books about addiction and depression etc. trying to further try and get a handle on what's going on in my own head as a result.

Plus watched a hell of a lot of youtube videos with people with similar issues and I attended some group sessions, I didn't really contribute in any of the group stuff personally, just listened to other people's stuff.

The recurring theme almost every single time boils down to mental or physical abuse/neglect as a kid and a huge amount of those seem to be "x happened at home, I got put into care and then got the same or worse treatment". 

We have built an absolutely shit society that is self cycling itself into being worse, but hey, we're providing value for shareholders and that's what really matters. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

The guy I did all the work with has yet again uncovered systemic abuse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0d47dq7

It’s so fucking depressing to acknowledge we achieved fuck all. 

Absolutely nothing. 

I can’t wait to have my interview for my CQC registration in a few months and look them in the eye and tell them again they’re not fit for purpose.