You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Announcement on Season Ticket waiting list at 2pm.

Salou

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They're scrapping it and asking everybody to re-apply.

Bang out of order if true.

I've been on it six years but know of people on it at least twice as long.

To be fair to FSG this was an inherited problem and I'm guessing they want to sort this as part of their decision making process re: redevelopment/new ground.

I am not sure there ever was a comprehensive waiting list with a full list of names and addresses in application order - It was like every other off-field issue in the Moores/Parry era - a Grade A shambles.

My sister's lad went on the list the day he was born - 26/01/91 - and has never heard a thing from the club.

An announcement from the club will hopefully provide some clarity for those wanting a season ticket and may mean that a decision regarding the stadium is imminent.

I am not sure there ever was a comprehensive waiting list with a full list of names and addresses in application order - It was like every other off-field issue in the Moores/Parry era - a Grade A shambles.

My sister's lad went on the list the day he was born - 26/01/91 - and has never heard a thing from the club.

An announcement from the club will hopefully provide some clarity for those wanting a season ticket and may mean that a decision regarding the stadium is imminent.

I'm sure I can remember reading there were 4 or 5 different waiting lists a few years back.

Mate of mine has been told both that he's on the list and that he's not on the list when he's enquired about it so there could well be more than one list.

How fucking difficult is it to keep a list of names for Christ's sake?

For those waiting I think an announcement can only be a good thing because it shows that FSG are addressing the issue and not treating the support like the cunts Parry did.

Obviously they're only doing it because in the long run they want your money but that's the name of the game.

I've been on the list for years. Asked a few years back where I placed and what chance I had and was jibbed off.

I'd actually quite like it if they said you had to pay to be on the list and the money would be taken off your first years ST when you go it. It might whittle it down somewhat. I think if they were to add a further 8 or 9 thousand STs with a ground redevelopment then almost everyone that wanted one would get it as when the time came to hand over the money, most would pull out.

I'm on it 6 years I think.

I shared a taxi from JLA to anfield just over 3 year ago before porto game with an Irish lad living and working in Liverpool, he said he wrote to the club with a letter from his employer asking could he have ST as he was massive red living over here and knew nobody, 6 months later for start of 2007/2008 season he got his season ticket.

I've been on the list since april 99.

contacted the club around 2007 and they confirmed I was on but they couldn't tell where I was on the list, only that the people who applied in 1996 were at the very top.

probably won't be allowed one now anyway

I'm on it 6 years I think.

I shared a taxi from JLA to anfield just over 3 year ago before porto game with an Irish lad living and working in Liverpool, he said he wrote to the club with a letter from his employer asking could he have ST as he was massive red living over here and knew nobody, 6 months later for start of 2007/2008 season he got his season ticket.

My understanding is that there has always been a limited number of season tickets available via the Corporate Department and that the number varies from season to season as the existing ticketholders choose to renew or not.

My Mrs runs her own company and was contacted by the Club a few years ago asking did she want a pair of Upper Centenary season tickets, with a meal and match programme thrown in - from memory they were around £2,000 a pop.

May have been one such ticket in the instance you're on about.

Liverpool FC will begin a process to consolidate and clean up the Season Ticket waiting list later this month and hope to inform supporters of their position on the list before the summer.

The Club understand the Season Ticket waiting list is an emotive subject and believe those already on it should have more clarity about their respective position in order to better assess their chances of obtaining a Season Ticket in the future.

History

The Season Ticket waiting list was officially opened in 1996, when the Club invited applications by letter from supporters, with later requests also submitted via an opt-in option on the Fan Card application forms. Over the past 15 years, over 70,000 fans have registered their interest and the Club now plans to tidy up the list and ensure everyone on it knows exactly where they stand.

Process

Every single Season Ticket waiting list application received between 1996 and 2011 has been captured digitally, in date order, and Liverpool FC will initially be contacting the first 25,000 supporters on the list. A letter will be sent to the home address of each of these fans with instructions on how to confirm they still want to buy a Season Ticket and, in doing so, maintain their position on the list.

Timelines

The first letters will be sent out during the week commencing March 28th, with a deadline for all responses to the Club of April 29th. Once all replies have been processed and those who no longer wish to be included on the list removed, Liverpool FC will unveil an online version of the Season Ticket waiting list on the Club website.

Later this year, the Club plan that a further communication will be made to remaining supporters (outside of the first 25,000 already contacted) outlining their options if they wish to remain on the list and be considered should a Season Ticket become available in the future.

A comprehensive list of FAQs will be released on this website on March 9th - please do not contact the Club with a question before reading them - and will provide answers to questions such as:

Q: How will I know whether I am one of the first 25,000 supporters on the list?

A: The first 25,000 applicants will each receive a letter from the Club as part of this communication process. All 25,000 applicants applied by letter - not Fan Card application form - and joined the list before April 2004 and will have received a letter at the time confirming their application from the Club. Should you have a query, the onus is on you to supply this original letter and prove your application.

Q: What happens if I have moved house since I applied?

A: As clearly stated at the point of applying, it is up to each supporter to keep the Club informed about address changes. Your letter will be sent to the address that we have registered on the waiting list database. If you have moved house since applying and not informed us, you should make efforts to retrieve the letter from the old address. Our Customer Services Team may be able to help you should this not be possible.

Q: Will I have to pay to be on the list?

A: Yes, the Club will be charging an initial £5 registration fee.

Q: What is this fee for?

A: This initial fee is to help cover the cost of this project.

Q: What's happening with the Adult / Child and the Disabled Season Ticket waiting lists?

A: The Club will be contacting supporters on both of these lists separately but we are dealing with the Adult list first.