You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has Comolli and FSG Failed there first major test

Red Nick

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. We're in the first few months of their reign with a lot to prove. Aresnal have had 15 years of developing and bringing through good young talent.

Hopefully the use of Kelly, Shelvy, Spearing etc... will demonstrate to young players that they will get chances here and we will develop them well.

We can't give any real examples of that at the moment.

Wasn't it reported only a few days ago that he rejected a move to Arsenal?

I agree with your point though, he's quite possibly the best british talent under 19 at the minute and we're not going hell for leather after him, but, we won't know anything until it's pretty much finalised. I have a feeling though, if they make Kenny permanent manager he would most probably come to us, but who knows.

Would have thought the signing of someone who would immediately benefit the first team squad would be a bigger,or more pressing test.

Surely that is the complete opposite of their stated goals.

We wont be relegated and we wont finish in the top 4 so surely its best to look to the future.

More importantly when the best young talent becomes available you have to be in the market for it which means taking a long term view on your investment.

Buy either the best or potentially the best, Adam and Suarez dont fit into that catefory

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wins race to sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain | Mail Online

If your serious about buying the best english youngsters then they should have pulled all the stops out to get this player.

You can talk a good game but if you dont deliver then whats the point

How good is this kid, Nick?

I've never seen him play.

How good is this kid, Nick?

I've never seen him play.

I havent got a fucking clue!

The point being that were obviously interested in him and for whatever reason we havent pushed the boat out.

If it because we dont rate the player then fair enough but I think its clear thats not the case.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wins race to sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain | Mail Online

If your serious about buying the best english youngsters then they should have pulled all the stops out to get this player.

With arsenals track record can you really blame any youngster from wanting to go there? You can't make him come regardless of whether we offered the same money or not. Hardly a fuck up on our part.

It says every major English club was after him, why does that constitute a failure for our new owners then? We need players now, not players who might do a job in a few years. I'd rather they concentrated their time, attention and finances on that. No young players are going to want to come here if we're in the Championship.

What a ridiculous thread. Yes what a bunch of cunts they are...

I think getting Tom Ince on a long term deal and telling his dad to shut up is more important personally. Both winger that have excelled at league 1 level. Both have the talent to go all the way. One we have, one would cost over £10m after add-ons. Over-priced.

Surely that is the complete opposite of their stated goals.

We wont be relegated and we wont finish in the top 4 so surely its best to look to the future.

More importantly when the best young talent becomes available you have to be in the market for it which means taking a long term view on your investment.

Buy either the best or potentially the best, Adam and Suarez dont fit into that catefory

Not sure whether your quoting our owners verbatim or embellishing with your own views,either way I wouldn't hold it against anyone if we fail to land this lad.

How do you know he is classed in the category of "best english youngsters"?

Have you seen him play a lot?

With arsenals track record can you really blame any youngster from wanting to go there? You can't make him come regardless of whether we offered the same money or not. Hardly a fuck up on our part.

This is very true. Let's be realistic Arsenal are 2nd in the table, they play CL footie, Wenger says if a player is ready then he's old enough and has played 16 year olds and 17 year olds in the first team. They've has two 21 yr old captains in recent memory. If you are a young player who would you choose? It's no reflection on the job anyone at LFC did - just reality.

I havent got a fucking clue!

The point being that were obviously interested in him and for whatever reason we havent pushed the boat out.

If it because we dont rate the player then fair enough but I think its clear thats not the case.

How is it clear? How do you know we think he is a good player but won't push the boat out?

Starting a thread moaning about us not signing a player, who, in your own words, haven't got a clue about, is laughable at best.

Arsenal's track record is shit! I don't get this Arsenal are great at kids etc etc.

Are they fuck. They've won fuck all recently and will continue to win fuck all if they sign the same player over and over and over again which is essentially what they do.

Small tippy tappy players who fit their oh so entertaining style which has the dickhead media fawning all over them.

Fuck arsenal. they're a bunch of wankers.