You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a success everywhere bar here. Even at Spurs, before we bought him.

No hew wasn't, yet another lie, he failed to win a place in the Leeds first 11 team bar injuries/suspensions, after the initial load got 4 goals in 28 apps........failed.

He was the same at Inter, 3 goals in 14, couldn't get games, failed.

Leeds bought him for£12 and sold him for £7 million

LFC signed £20.3, sold £12 million after 5 goals in the whole season.

Spurs failed 2nd time round spectacularly 11 goals in 41 .

Success for Ireland and Spurs is all, not worth dropping Gerrard back for. David Healy has done better for his national team and Spurs have treated him worse than all his other clubs, dropping him, which happens regularly in his career once he goes off the boil, loaning him to Celtic cos he was such a good player they had to send him to Scotland.

Strong rumours that Mourinho is going to take him to Madrid to cover for the injuries.

Hmmm, according to this football blog Mourinho won't be around much longer, so I can't see them letting him splash the cash on a misfit like Keane.

As for would I take him back? Not for £6 million and not for the stupid wages he'll no doubt ask for. He seems to think he's due one last big move but he hasn't managed to play a full Premier Leauge season since 2007/08. He should be taking a pay cut to get first team football, the greedy swine.

If he goes to a club which is expected to challenge for honours, and where there is huge pressure on him as a big money signing, he flops. It's happened with Inter (fair enough he was very young back then), Leeds, Liverpool and Spurs (2nd time round).

If he goes to a club as a last ditch measure-of-desperation rescue act that's ultimately fruitless, he does well. It's happened with Leeds (during his loan spell), Spurs (1st time round) and Celtic (loan spell).

I remember Redknapp questioning Rafa's handling of Keane just before Keane returned to Spurs, and he seemed happy to talk at length about how he knew how to get the best out of Keane. I didn't know that involved signing a new striker every 6 months, letting Keane collect splinters and fit in a trip to Glasgow. Redknapp can't admit to fucking that one up because he knows he'll get shown up, so he covers for it by signing a whole raft of forwards so he can point to it being "a tough decision" to omit Keane all the time.

In a nutshell, Keane has been found out very quickly several times in his career.

Hmmm, according to this football blog Mourinho won't be around much longer.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Mourinho cannot stand that he is powerless to stop Barcelona winning everything. He won't stand around on the sidelines for 5 years, losing. He's rather manufacture a massive falling out with the Madrid board and leave that way, making it look like he never got a chance to do his job.

If I was Madrid, I'd be hiring Bielsa and give him £150m to bring in his key Chile players and a few extra south americans to pepper it up. It's the only way they're going to compete with Barca now.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Wouldn't surprise me at all. Mourinho cannot stand that he is powerless to stop Barcelona winning everything. He won't stand around on the sidelines for 5 years, losing. He's rather manufacture a massive falling out with the Madrid board and leave that way, making it look like he never got a chance to do his job.

Is this where we start suggesting that he'd be 'our cunt' and that he should be given the job here? No?

Well, just give me a shout.

To be fair to Keane, Ill always give him his dues for what he's done in an Ireland shirt, he's been excellent for his country (It will take a long time before someone overtakes him) something which Gav wont give him credit for, because he's from Dublin, hence trying to belittle him.

Once you grow up a bit,start to shave,and your balls drop you might finally be old enough to kop whats a wind-up or whats factual..at present you are incapable of telling these apart .So take your pitifull poor lickle dubliner bullshit elsewhere.You know shag all about me or you'd know just how fucking stupid your comments are.I've been watching him play football since before you learned to wipe your arse .I hate Keane because he wasted his fucking talent,hes a fucking idiot that would rather get pissed with the lads and sing songs then train properly,the type of guy that puts a drinking session before world cup qualification.When he was a kid playing under Kerr he could've been a player,its a shame money and drink meant more to him

None of those are Honours.

They are achievements.

You went to all this trouble just to rebutt mypost?

Yes he did. By listing "player of the tournament", "player of the year", obscure foreign titles, a trophy that doesn't exist, and even runners-up prizes as "honours". It's an exhaustive list.

They are achievements.

Yes he did. By listing "player of the tournament", "player of the year", obscure foreign titles, a trophy that doesn't exist, and even runners-up prizes as "honours". It's an exhaustive list.

Honestly, I was more impressed with NN's list than just about anything Robbie Keane has ever done on a football field.

He took that goal well against Arsenal, mind. *reconsiders*

But then, NN listed virtually the whole first team squad there. *sticks to original judgment*

And your blinkered view of him, mypost, is daft. I have to say that I have a suspicion his nationality is setting your blinkers to myopic. In fact, there is a possible pun to work with there. But I can't be bothered.

Short answer, no to Robbie Keane.

Nor do I want SWP, Wayne Bridge, Downing, Bentley or any of these other losers who can't hack it in top teams playing in the Premier league we keep getting linked with every transfer window. The equivalents of M'ON (if we were looking for a manager), the press seem to love hacking these jokes off to us, trying to confirm that we are indeed a club going on a downward spiral and scraping at the bottom of the barrel.

Honestly, I was more impressed with NN's list than just about anything Robbie Keane has ever done on a football field.

And your blinkered view of him, mypost, is daft. I have to say that I have a suspicion his nationality is setting your blinkers.

He's scored 150 goals in English football, 45 goals for his country, miles more than anyone else. That's impressive statistics at a very high level of football, it's not nothing.

Part of the reason I do defend him is how he was treated by the coach while he was here, and the manner he was sold. Even the shittest of shit forwards at our club have got longer than 6 months. Robbie didn't, which is more frustrating when you know the record he has, the fee he cost, and some of the results we had while he was here.

Edited by mypost

He's scored 150 goals in English football, 45 goals for his country, miles more than anyone else. That's impressive statistics at a very high level of football, it's not nothing.

Part of the reason I do defend him is how he was treated by the coach while he was here, and the manner he was sold. Even the shittest of shit forwards at our club have got longer than 6 months. Robbie didn't, which is more frustrating when you know the record he has, the fee he cost, and some of the results we had while he was here.

Our beloved, brilliant Rafa brutally sodomized the whinging shitstain Robbie Keane and I LOVED it.

A poor mans David Healey. And Feeney is better than Duff too.By shit forwards you are talking about Morientes, Cisse, Crouch, Bellamy. Those are my friends.