You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fringe

Elite

That was just a brilliant season ender that.

Agreed! Just watched from 14 or 15 to the end after leaving it for the last couple of months, and even though it was a bit slow getting there, that ending set things up perfectly for a 4th season. Totally looking forward to it.

Even during the last episode I thought it was going to be seriously lame, but it managed to end really well.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be clear, I didn't think the whole thing was lame until the end, just thought the last episode was going to fall apart until the last 10 mins. Still can't believe they pulled that ending off so well. Am just so used to things turning out crap that I thought it was about to happen with Fringe too, and was surpised a lot at the quality of the ending and the way it's set up for series 4.

Had a good few laughs during the final episodes too, two of my fave parts :

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Olivia as William Bell, I thought Anna Torv pulled the char off really well and the script she had made me laugh quite a bit. In fact as soon as that episode ended where she started being Bell I was laughing and looking forward to the next.

And mostly : Broyles on acid.

I'm even more in love with Anna Torv too, those who don't think she's good looking need a serious head check. I know she's married and all, but there's got to be some single Anna Torvs in other universes so maybe there's still hope.

• 4 months later...

I hate J.J.Abrams. Really hate him. If I meet him, I'm going to punch him square in the goddamn nose(I bet he'll smile approvingly because it happens all the time, too). I fucking knew they would do that and not answer anything or answer it with a new question, frustrates the hell out of me. Probably best to wait for the entire season to finish as I can't be doing with that every week.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

The entire Peter situation hasn't been explained properly and what they told us in that first episode wasn't a sufficient clarification. How can the two worlds meet if the person who engineered their meeting never existed? And what the hell is he doing in Walter's TV?

I bet they don't explain any of that for about 12 more episodes, either. It is a brilliant show and the storytelling is engrossing but it's extremely frustrating. If someone says something inflamnatory toward you and you ask them why they said that, then they should explain themselves. It's just common decency.

I digress.

The entire Peter situation hasn't been explained properly and what they told us in that first episode wasn't a sufficient clarification. How can the two worlds meet if the person who engineered their meeting never existed? And what the hell is he doing in Walter's TV?

I bet they don't explain any of that for about 12 more episodes, either. It is a brilliant show and the storytelling is engrossing but it's extremely frustrating. If someone says something inflamnatory toward you and you ask them why they said that, then they should explain themselves. It's just common decency.

I digress.

Fair points but that was never gonna be resolved so quickly. He's in Walters tele and mirror etc because he's bleeding through hence the conversation between the Observers on that score.

He'll continue to make similar random appearences before this gets resolved in the same way he did to Olivia in the alternate universe during the start of season 3, I reckon.

It was a good season opener, I felt, especially with the notion to get Agent Lee more involved on this side of things.

I love the way it played on the mistrust that would undoubtedly exist pretend the two sides, with Walter talking badly about Walternate and Olivia/Bolivias conversations.

Bleeding through from where, though?

I almost jacked it in on season 1 because it felt like it was going around in circles and there would never be any straight answers. Of the shows I watch currently, I'd have SOA and Breaking Bad interchangbly as 1a and 1b with Fringe as a distant but extremely credible 3rd. I've got a lot of time for the show, I just wish they weren't so cerebral at times. It's almost certainly in my head, but I also get the idea the writers and producers quite enjoy waiting and dragging things out.

I'd also be remiss if I didn't point out how hot bolivia is.

Deffo agree on the Sons and Breaking Bad analogy and the think they have over Fringe in terms of quicker conclusions is 13 episode seasons as opposed to the 22 of Fringe.

Bolivia, for some reason, seems better than Olivia in fitness terms. And as for the hidden bit, who the fuck knows right now but am sure the writers do and that allows me to trust it to answer it in its own time.

Now that they can both be in the same place, surely the chances of the two Olivia's having lesbian sex is more likely?

I want the blonde one to say to the redhead "You are made of sex, let's get this on. Now." Then obviously a half hour long sex scene.

Fuck, can't get the idea out of my head now.

Fair points but that was never gonna be resolved so quickly. He's in Walters tele and mirror etc because he's bleeding through hence the conversation between the Observers on that score.

He'll continue to make similar random appearences before this gets resolved in the same way he did to Olivia in the alternate universe during the start of season 3, I reckon.

It was a good season opener, I felt, especially with the notion to get Agent Lee more involved on this side of things.

I love the way it played on the mistrust that would undoubtedly exist pretend the two sides, with Walter talking badly about Walternate and Olivia/Bolivias conversations.

Agreed really, and with parts like that it's good to have a slow build up until you finally work out what's going on. Really like the way Agent Lee is on their side now too, think he's a great actor. What I don't like is when it ends with a daft cliffhanger like it did when Olivia was trapped in the other universe at the end of season 2, (just too long to wait with that level of suspense and annoying.) but thought last seasons ending worked near perfectly and gives them chance to really move things on from the universe a/b conflict of the previous 3.

Was too focused on you know what to think about Fringe, downloading later though and looking forward to it.

I think Peter will start ebbing through pretty quickly compared to some long drawn out thing, think Olivia with her abilities should pick up on something soon, hope it's the next episode in their universe, although it might only be a minor part.

Am guessing this one will be back in the other universe. If it is I hope the other Olivia starts being cooler, she still seems too much of an arrogant char instead of someone who's really pushing to help fix things. Would like to see both Olivias getting on with eachother and working together as the series goes on instead of sniping at eachother.

Just watched the 2nd, thought that was brilliant.

The stuff with Peter should start picking up more now after what happened at the end, but mainly the show just seems to work so much better when both Fringe divisions are working together instead of against each other. If they keep doing that with certain chars crossing over every so often, and it's hard to work out why they won't, it could easily be the best season so far. Properly back into it now and looking forward to the next ep.

Is it just me who finds the lead actress fucking annoying and a bit at acting?

Not sure but I'm not with you on that one!

Glad it's friday again, Peter has to start ebbing back now. Still think Olivia's abilities will play a big part in that, or at least I hope. Don't think what she's capable of has been explored nearly enough.

Then again most things on telly annoy me. I reckon I could only use a telly for xbox and dvds and not miss any telly show.

Except the f**ty obviously.

Am the same, use tv for the ps3 and watch the occasional match if I'm not using a stream. The only other thing I watch now is this which is torrented once a week.

And thought this episode seemed to go off the boil a bit, but the ending kind of made up for it, looking forward to next weeks episode.

And thought this episode seemed to go off the boil a bit, but the ending kind of made up for it, looking forward to next weeks episode.

Typical Fringe episode this week in terms of being a pure stand-alone but with last 5 on the main stuff. That'll continue for a few weeks yet. One thing I will say though, the performances of John Noble in the last season and a bit have been brilliant. Such a superb range on the roles and emotions he has shown.