You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The crazy thing is that it is those who wanted Rafa gone the most, for exactly the reasons stated above who are now Woy's biggest defenders.... I just don't understand this!!

To replace Rafa with someone even more negative and defensive minded speaks volumes of Purslow and the Boards incompetence on football matters and how little they know/knew of the fans wish for more attractive football!

To be honest, I don't see many on here defending Hodgson. People were delighted when we beat Chelsea, Bolton and Blackburn, but that's completely different to backing Hodgson. Wanting us to win, even with the current incumbent, is not a crime.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its away from home though, the mans away record in this country speaks volumes, he just inspires me with no confidence on our travels. We will sit back, get bombarded, give possession away too cheaply and either lose or scrape a draw. I can see no other outcome with his tactics.

Just got in after tanking it down the M6 & M5. What a pile of shite. It is obvious to everyone but Hodgson that defending deep with your midfield sat on top of you invites pressure and opportunities for the opposition. The gap between our midfield & Torres led to one outcome, Torres isolated and long balls (or should I same aimless balls, Skrtel being the main culprit). Lucas reverted back to type and Raul's sickness made him pass to a blue & white shirt. After going into tonight's game confident I am now dreading Stoke. 1 away win in 40 odd games says it all. Finally, note to Nando, it does not take much effort to clap the fans after a game.

Just got in after tanking it down the M6 & M5. What a pile of shite. It is obvious to everyone but Hodgson that defending deep with your midfield sat on top of you invites pressure and opportunities for the opposition. The gap between our midfield & Torres led to one outcome, Torres isolated and long balls (or should I same aimless balls, Skrtel being the main culprit). Lucas reverted back to type and Raul's sickness made him pass to a blue & white shirt. After going into tonight's game confident I am now dreading Stoke. 1 away win in 40 odd games says it all. Finally, note to Nando, it does not take much effort to clap the fans after a game.

I'll get bollocked for it but his attitude still stinks this season. I know you can't complain much if he keeps banging in the goals, but he's still acting in this moody persona. I'm not going to speculate why. I was watching torres top 50 goals on lfc tv the other day and his whole mood was entirely different to this season.

Asked why he felt his side had failed to produce a similar display to the one that saw off Chelsea, Hodgson added: "I'd put that down to Napoli, Blackburn, Bolton and Chelsea - all with a small squad of players.

Didn’t he repeatedly tell us that we were “overstaffed" in the summer? Has it dawned on him that the demands on your squad are a bit tougher at Liverpool than Fulham or was he simply doing as he was told?

I find it hard to be critical of the players as the tactics are so bad. The depth of the back line and the lack of pressing are bad enough without him playing shelvey in the hole. An absolutely bewildering decision. We could have had aquilani there, and before anyone is kind enough to point out how shit he is, shelvey is so far out of his depth I actually felt sorry for him. In fact every time shelvey has played its been as either a winger or a withdrawn striker. Roy is genuinely clueless. Again, jovanovic does not look world class to me but why would anyone pick shelvey or eccelstone ahead of him. We then move on to two of the worst singings in living memory, poulsen and konchesky. I honestly think that plessis is better than poulsen. Julian dicks was a far better player than konchesky. It also irritates me when he mentions the quality of the squad as he reduced its quality by bringing in the shite mentioned above. The only silver lining to all of this is that it looks as though he wont be the one deciding who we bring in in january. The longer roy stays, the more likely the departures of reina, agger and torres.

i dont understand this 'fairly small squad' bullshit he keeps FUCKING pulling. fuck off you bullshitting shithole of a manager.

a) I thought we were 'over-staffed'? Roy Hodgson: 'Over-staffed' Liverpool to transfer out older stars in January | Metro.co.uk

b) Why the fuck did you allow aquilani fuck off on LOAN at the start of the fucking season?

i dont understand this 'fairly small squad' bullshit he keeps FUCKING pulling. fuck off you bullshitting shithole of a manager.

a) I thought we were 'over-staffed'? Roy Hodgson: 'Over-staffed' Liverpool to transfer out older stars in January | Metro.co.uk

b) Why the fuck did you allow aquilani fuck off on LOAN at the start of the fucking season?

Stop asking questions that..makes..sense!!

Anyone else curious as to why the fuck Poulsen was subbed on for a striker?

Apparently we were looking like we were about to concede a few goals- the change steadies things. Much better 1pt and preserving our unbeaten run than losing a game. As everybody says though, a more attacking mentality from the start might have been a better option.

Great ball from Stevie and finish from Nando btw.

People on Arsenal forums complain about how shit and lazy Arshavin is. Watching him I can honestly say his worst is better than Joe Cole, Kuyt or Maxi's best.

Blame Hodgson all you want, but the reality is we have some terribly overpaid and over-the-hill rubbish on our books. We're at the stage where even a mediocre winger like Jarvis or Bentley would drastically improve our team.

Blame Hodgson all you want, but the reality is we have some terribly overpaid and over-the-hill rubbish on our books.

aka "leftovers"

Amazing the lengths some will go to tear into the coach, but also amazing how limited the criticism of the players is, by comparison.

People on Arsenal forums complain about how shit and lazy Arshavin is. Watching him I can honestly say his worst is better than Joe Cole, Kuyt or Maxi's best.

Blame Hodgson all you want, but the reality is we have some terribly overpaid and over-the-hill rubbish on our books. We're at the stage where even a mediocre winger like Jarvis or Bentley would drastically improve our team.

And so why did Roy choose to spend 11 million quid on Konchesky, Poulsen and Brad Jones?

We missed Johnson be and Agger act as deterrents to hoofing, to be fair to Glen he forces a higher line and is always a threat when attacking. No attack on Kelly who looks like a very component defender, Central defender modern day fallbacks are now primarily auxillary attackers, kellys attacking capabilities are not high enough for him to become a top class fullback

That's not correct about Kelly, he skinned figerola in first half sent over brilliant cross and there wasn't one player in the box, his longterm position may be centre half but he has never looked put of place at fullback

Admit I didn't read the entire thread, but am I the only one who think Skrtel was a major liability today? Like he normally is if you ask me. He can not head the ball, he can not control it and he can not (like half our team) pass it. If Kyrgiakos is not back for Stoke we could be hammered. They could put 4 or 5 past us no problem. Go ahead and laugh at my stupid prediction, I only hope he'll play and we'll never know.

He wasn´t a world beater today but to call him a major liability is bullshit. Like he normally is?

Our best defender so far this season.