You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Two Liverpool fans stabbed

Carra_is_legend

hi, my old friends...

just one year ago i tried to say you that English fan, all the teams, are non wellcome in italy.. all, but not Liverpool fans when you came and when you'll come again in Florence...

but you don't like to be our friends, because all the things that we know...

it's 3 weeks that in Naples wait for you...and the same will be if you play against Juve...

but i understand your reason and you preffer to be disappointed from them..

this night, we would like to be in Naples with you, but we prefer to stay at home because not all of you, would be happy to have Fiorentina Ultras in your side...what a pity!

however good luck this night in Naples

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, my old friends...

just one year ago i tried to say you that English fan, all the teams, are non wellcome in italy.. all, but not Liverpool fans when you came and when you'll come again in Florence...

it's 3 weeks that in Naples wait for you...and the same will be if you play against Juve...

this night, we would like to be in Naples with you, but we prefer to stay at home because not all of you, would be happy to have Fiorentina Ultras in your side...what a pity!

What have you heard?? :wow: its not true I swear!! :whistle:

hi, my old friends...

I know you've got good intentions towards us mate but I honestly don't think

having you're lot in with us would help the situation in anyway, it'd make things 10 times worse!

What can UEFA do though? If it happens away from the ground in the city centre then are Napoli as a club responsible?

Were Galatasary responsible for the two Leeds fans who died over there?

You can guarantee if this happened in Liverpool City Centre then UEFA would find a way to blame the club.

Guardian says Ultras went hunting.

Napoli Ultras went hunting Liverpool fans, say police

• Authorities seize baseball bats and metal bars after arrests

• All five English fans injured now released from hospital

Press Association

guardian.co.uk, Thursday 21 October 2010 14.12 BST

Article history

Italian policemen show weapons seized after the arrest of three Napoli Ultras ahead of tonight's Europa League fixture against Liverpool. Photograph: Carlo Hermann/AFP/Getty Images

Italian police have admitted gangs of Napoli's hardcore Ultra fans went out hunting Liverpool supporters to attack in the city last night.

There were a number of incidents ahead of the club's Europa League match at the Stadio San Paolo tonight, which resulted in five English people – two of whom were stabbed – and one Italian being taken to hospital.

Their injuries were not deemed to be serious and all were discharged after receiving treatment but it has prompted police to step up security ahead of the game.

There were three arrests made after the attacks last night and police recovered an array of weapons and Ultra paraphernalia from the home of one.

Among the weapons seized were a baseball bat, several five-foot long aluminium bars with numerous strategically-placed screws protruding and a six-foot wooden plank.

"Ultras went out seeking English fans, absolutely," said Filippo Bonfiglio, head of Digos, the local department which deals with terrorism and political activity.

"There are groups of violent supporters here in Naples so we could hypothesise something like this would happen but it was impossible to prevent every attack everywhere."

Trouble started at around midnight when Ultras began throwing things at English fans in a pizzeria. The Italian owner went out to remonstrate and that was when he was injured.

Two Liverpool fans were injured after being attacked by a group of Napoli supporters before the most serious attack took place around 4am near the central Piazza Garibaldi.

A group of four fans were walking back to their hotel when they were followed and beaten up by a gang of 20-30 men.

Police said Gary Brown, 50, from Hertfordshire, and his son Adam, 17, received a knife injury and bruising respectively.

Brown's 23-year-old son Daniel was not injured but family friend Ross Hazeldene, also 23, sustained a knife wound.

All three of the arrested men have criminal records and one has been convicted of football-related violence and is banned from Napoli's Stadio San Paolo.

There will be around 1,200 police on duty for tonight's match.

"We are organising more patrols to prevent these kind of attacks," added Bonfiglio. "But the city is so great – 1.5m inhabitants – that it is impossible to prevent and control everything."

Good to hear the lads are out of hospital, I really fancied this out of all the Europa aways but couldn't really afford it in the end. Glad I never now i'm a soft cunt towards the end of the night wonder off on my own when im out my face, prob would of been waking up in hospital this morning!

hi, my old friends...

Is this in code?

Good to hear the lads are out of hospital, I really fancied this out of all the Europa aways but couldn't really afford it in the end. Glad I never now i'm a soft cunt towards the end of the night wonder off on my own when im out my face, prob would of been waking up in hospital this morning!

That's a real fear. It'll be people like that that these hard men on there hairdryers will target. Then when drinking there expresso's later tell everyone how they took out all these Liverpool ultra's.

Really sad this shit happens around the world. One can't even go support your club without having to worry about your safety or your companions, attacked for wearing a jersey wow.

Hope the team can use this as inspiration and beat Napolis ass so bad it will make those Ultras cry. (6)

Liverpool supporters 'hunted' by Napoli Ultra fans

Gangs of hardcore football fans went out to hunt down and attack Liverpool supporters in Naples, police have said.

There were several incidents on Wednesday night, ahead of Liverpool's Europa League tie at the Napoli's Stadio San Paolo on Thursday.

Three Liverpool fans have been treated in hospital for stab wounds. A father and his two sons and their friend were also injured.

Italian police said they had stepped up security ahead of the game.

One of the men who was stabbed has been released from hospital.

Two others, 53-year-old Alexander Phillips, of Liverpool, and a 27-year-old who asked not to be named, are due to be released from hospital later, the BBC's correspondent in Rome, Duncan Kennedy said.

Mr Phillips had injuries to his buttocks and thighs, and the other man was wounded in the head, he said.

The other four were injured when they were attacked by a group of 20 to 30 men.

Gary Brown, 50, from Hertfordshire, and his son Adam, 17, received a knife injury and bruising respectively.

Mr Brown's other son Daniel, 23, was not injured but family friend Ross Hazeldene, also 23, suffered a knife wound.

Trouble started at about midnight when hardcore Napoli fans - known as Ultras - began throwing things at English fans in a pizzeria.

Three people were arrested over the attacks, Italian police confirmed.

Police recovered an array of weapons - including a baseball bat, aluminium bars with screws protruding and a wooden plank - and Ultra paraphernalia from the home of one.

"Ultras went out seeking English fans, absolutely," said Filippo Bonfiglio, head of DIGOS, the local department which deals with terrorism and political activity.

"There are groups of violent supporters here in Naples so we could hypothesise something like this would happen but it was impossible to prevent every attack everywhere."

He said there would be about 1,200 police on duty for Thursday's match.

"We are organising more patrols to prevent these kind of attacks," added Mr Bonfiglio.

"But the city is so great - 1.5million inhabitants - that it is impossible to prevent and control everything."

Quelle surfuckingprise.

Same here, mate. Imagine waking up the next morning with your legs slashed to bits.

It's just not cricket.

Hope all our fans make it back safely. This kind of fucked up shit belongs in the 80s.

no mate,this shyte happens every time a British club play below the spaghetti line,if its not the nutters its the fekn screws.

im in Valencia in two weeks,for Rangers game,no arse stabbings,but there will be plenty of liberties taken by plod,they look forward to it.

My granddad always used to say "never trust the ities". I would love to say that I've met Italians that would make me think twice about this but so far, he's been spot on!

He escaped from POW camps in Italy and Germany and always said the Italians were MUCH worse.

With all that said, there will be a lot of scarfers coming over for the Liverpool game who have nothing to do with what's happened. The lads that try and kick off will be dealt with I reckon but I just hope innocent fans and families don't get caught up in it.

My granddad always used to say "never trust the ities". I would love to say that I've met Italians that would make me think twice about this but so far, he's been spot on!

He escaped from POW camps in Italy and Germany and always said the Italians were MUCH worse.

With all that said, there will be a lot of scarfers coming over for the Liverpool game who have nothing to do with what's happened. The lads that try and kick off will be dealt with I reckon but I just hope innocent fans and families don't get caught up in it.

Didn't know Irishlad was that old.