You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The King..

ScouseJim

After that insipid rubbish today there is only one man I want to take us on for the rest of this season. An outsider will take too long to settle and now we're in a, can't believe I'm saying this, but a relegation fight.

Kenny understands what needs to be done, he's been around the club for a few years now in his capacity as club ambassador so whould have good idea of players to go and keep.

Please Henry, you might not understand the game completely but surely you can see that old fool Hodgson doesn't either!

After that insipid rubbish today there is only one man I want to take us on for the rest of this season. An outsider will take too long to settle and now we're in a, can't believe I'm saying this, but a relegation fight.

Kenny understands what needs to be done, he's been around the club for a few years now in his capacity as club ambassador so whould have good idea of players to go and keep.

Please Henry, you might not understand the game completely but surely you can see that old fool Hodgson doesn't either!

While I agree with you about Kenny, we're not in a relegation fight. Relegation is what happens at the end of the season and the bottom teams fight it out amongst themselves towards the end to avoid relegation. That's a relegation fight.

What we have now is our league position being a fair reflection of our performances. Shit, in other words. It is not beyond the club to do what is necessary to inspire better performances from the players and so begin to climb the table.

It is however beyond Roy.

Guest Captain Jonjo
aRE YOU JOKING, WE'VE JUST BEEN MULLERED BY eVERTON, WHO ARE WE GOING TO GET 3 POINTS OFF, WE'VE BEEN OUTPLAYED AND OUTCLASSED AT HOME AGAINST BLACKPOOL?

anyone claiming we are not in a relegation battle has lost their mind like Roy.

IT'S NOT REALLY A RELEGATION BATTLE YET COS WE STILL HAVE MOST OF THE SEASON TO PLAY. THE SEASON ISN'T ENDING IN 4 WEEKS TIME.

Kenny Dalglish does not have magical powers, he is in fact, a mellowing family man who's been out of the game for years.

People need to get a grip with this messiah stuff because it's dangerous, it's what led Newcastle down the Keegan and Shearer route.

Saying that, I doubt these Red Sox boys will be so easily swayed by songs and tales of yesteryear - and thank the lord for that.

Guest Captain Jonjo
i'm very reluctant to accept the view that Kenny is the answer to all our problems.

Cant be any worse. I think he can lift the team and if he does well then give him the job permanently.

I wasn't in favour of Kenny getting the job in the summer - thought it was a poisoned chalice with all the uncertainty and financial distress that was going on.

Now maybe just the time though. We were always going to get a journeyman mediocrity in the circs, but i think people - especially those who'd become so rabidly anti rafa that they'd lost any sense of proportion - needed to see that before they'd accept it - i remember some tool on here telling me with absolute assurance that we wouldn't appoint roy, a matter of days before the inevitable happened.

Well, we've seen the consequences now, and only the terminally deluded can imagine we're better off post rafa, or that it's likely to improve under roy.

Rumour has it that a number of our senior players were vocal in wishing for the removal of the last manager, Carra and Stevie being the most prominent. I have absolutely no idea how much truth there is in that, and I choose not to give it credence in the absence of hard facts. However, if that kind of discontent is manifest among the squad then we need someone with a big enough reputation, and big enough bollocks to stand up to it and remind everyone that nobody is bigger than Liverpool FC.

The only person with that amount of clout is the King himself. Following a revamp of the current board set up, I believe he is the man to genuinely steady the ship.

I'd like to see him in at least until the owners bed themselves in and sort out their people and direction they want to take.

Kenny I think would be perfect to 'steady the ship' and put a bit of energy back into a demoralised and disinterested squad - given that's what Roy was meant to do but instead he's run the ship straight into a big fuck off iceberg.

Kenny Dalglish does not have magical powers, he is in fact, a mellowing family man who's been out of the game for years.

People need to get a grip with this messiah stuff because it's dangerous, it's what led Newcastle down the Keegan and Shearer route.

Saying that, I doubt these Red Sox boys will be so easily swayed by songs and tales of yesteryear - and thank the lord for that.

Keegan did alright in the second spell, it was ashley who pressed the button and no else.

Its sly on Keegan and its simply not true.

Guest Captain Jonjo
IT'S NOT REALLY A RELEGATION BATTLE YET COS WE STILL HAVE MOST OF THE SEASON TO PLAY. THE SEASON ISN'T ENDING IN 4 WEEKS TIME.[/quote

STOP SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER!

OKAY!

:telloff:

Cant be any worse. I think he can lift the team and if he does well then give him the job permanently.

So the fact Dalglish was a great striker and had a great spell for us as manager when I was still at primary school is supposed to stop shite players being shite?

What we need is a manager with expert coaches and a solid knowledge of the modern game, who can drill the squad with the ability to defend again rather than them looking like they're playing footy in PE, and can also attract some decent players.

So the fact Dalglish was a great striker and had a great spell for us as manager when I was still at primary school is supposed to stop shite players being shite?

What we need is a manager with expert coaches and a solid knowledge of the modern game, who can drill the squad with the ability to defend again rather than them looking like they're playing footy in PE, and can also attract some decent players.

name him

Guest Captain Jonjo

'Shite team' not really, we have some world class players and a team full of internationals, shit strength in depth yes, but we have a good enough first 11 imo.

It's shite tactics and the like that is the problem. I don't see what the problem with Kenny coming in short term, he is a footballing man, he knows the game, not managing a team doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't know the modern game, the players will have respect for him and he can probably lift the spirit of the team, which has been sucked away from them, the fact that he really wanted the job says to me he has plans and ideas, confidence, we can't do any worse and I don't think we can attract top managers at this moment of time.

Guest TesticleOReilly

This is our Shankly moment. A complete overhaul.

The owners have gone, get rid of the manager, and get rid of the players. Yes, all of them, even the hometown heroes ('cept Pepe).

Kenny as DoF, a young ambitious hungry manager with his own players, and a new board with a desire to win, and move on to the future, not looking back at the past.

This is our Shankly moment. A complete overhaul.

The owners have gone, get rid of the manager, and get rid of the players. Yes, all of them, even the hometown heroes ('cept Pepe).

Kenny as DoF, a young ambitious hungry manager with his own players, and a new board with a desire to win, and move on to the future, not looking back at the past.

Terrible idea.