You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I saw Ged yesterday

robbief

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In southport driving a nice new aston martin db9. Some woman was standing in front of his car screaming at him for driving on the phone and her fella said something along the lines of 'that's liverpools old manager you know...' and she swiftly shut up and fucked off with a sheepish look on her wooly back grid.

Anyway...... just thought I'd let it be known that he's about!

Lies,why would he be on his phone when it has bluetooth?

Anyone notice how Houllier never signed his best players himself?

I'm sure it was Carragher who recommended Hamann and it was some cameraman who said Hyypia would be a good buy.

Houllier is a failure.

Let's get a bit of perspective here.

Carra was at fault for inviting Ged in the changing room.

Ged was at fault for going in the changing room.

Carra was at fault for what he said.

Ged is at fault for constantly repeating it.

At the end of his tenure ged deserved to go, quite possibly sooner, but he did many great things for this club.

He was not a failure.

It's as true as saying that Hitler made the trains run on time. Both statements reveal equally much (little) about the overall picture.

" Evey player was mine except two" " all the players came up to me in the dressing room and said boss this is your team"

Which bit isn't true? Maybe not all of the players said it, the rest is fact not opinion. Not Houllier's, mine or anybody elses. It is factually correct.

" Evey player was mine except two" " all the players came up to me in the dressing room and said boss this is your team"

Which bit isn't true? Maybe not all of the players said it, the rest is fact not opinion. Not Houllier's, mine or anybody elses. It is factually correct.

Gerrard & Carragher aren't 'his' players.

Of course it is factually true, but it's also factually true that such a fact doesn't necessarily mean anything. Unfortunately for GH he paints it like it does, and makes himself seem rather lacking in grace.

Of course it is factually true, but it's also factually true that such a fact doesn't necessarily mean anything. Unfortunately for GH he paints it like it does, and makes himself seem rather lacking in grace.

I've already said he shouldn't be saying it, some people in this thread are disputing the fact. There is nothing to dispute.

Clearly you know what I was refering to, which is the blatant underlying message from Houllier that he can take credit for Istanbul.

Let's get a bit of perspective here.

Carra was at fault for inviting Ged in the changing room.

Ged was at fault for going in the changing room.

Carra was at fault for what he said.

Ged is at fault for constantly repeating it.

At the end of his tenure ged deserved to go, quite possibly sooner, but he did many great things for this club.

He was not a failure.

He failed to win the league, therefore he was a failure.

Benitez failed to win the league, therefore he was a failure.

For Hodgson, what is deemed success/failure is not as clear-cut since he has the ownership 'excuse' (which has been wheeled out a lot earlier than I thought it would).

Clearly you know what I was refering to, which is the blatant underlying message from Houllier that he can take credit for Istanbul.

Has he ever stated that? I've never read it. His latest comment was stated in defending his record at Liverpool and the legacy he left. Nine players in a winning Champions League Final. He's never said he was responsible for winning it.

Everything Hermes says is correct. Technically. In the same way that it would be correct to charge someone who rescued you from a fire in your house with Burglary, Criminal damage and Assault. Without context you have stupidity and distortion, something to which Hermes aspires to and excels at.

In the one case you have the CONTEXT of someone kicking your front door in and dragging you out of a fire to save your life and in the the other case, you have an arrogant fucking blert who has a long history of inflating his sense of importance, gegging in and taking credit for things when they go well and blame displacement like a spiteful kid when things go badly. Technically.

Hermes is right, Carragher made the comments in a private moment, they may have represented Carragher and others views, but they were made public by Houllier for one reason and one reason only, to inflate his ego, like everything else he has ever done.

CONTEXT.

It's the mark of the man... it's what he did before he came here, what he did while he was here, what he did after he fucked off, and not a day too soon, and what the stupid bastard is still doing.

He wants to be associated with a success achieved by a vastly superior manager that he could never have achieved. Whether or not he has ever directly said "That was my team that won the European Cup so therefore all Benitez did was just steer my team through a few games to win the biggest prize in World Club Football" is immaterial. The fact that he needed to make those comments by players public was an act of conceited shithousery, something for which he has lots of previous for.

Without context you have stupid, pointless arguments, with Hermes you have stupid, pointless arguments, it's just that context is a useful tool in discussion and Hermes is a helmet and serves no purpose whatsoever.

Hermes is right, Carragher made the comments in a private moment, they may have represented Carragher and others views, but they were made public by Houllier for one reason and one reason only, to inflate his ego, like everything else he has ever done.

They were made public by Carragher himself. Writing it in his book is hardly a "private moment".

didn't he also say -you'll find the word 'support' in supporter.

Good times.

Liverpool won that cup despite of his team, not because of it. Baros was so bad he was subbed when we had no fit strikers, for example. Benitez utilized the strenghts of a limited squad and got tactics perfect repeatedly. I couldn;t win a european cup with Djimi Traore in the team, I doubt Houllier could either.