You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa unveiled at Inter press conference

Royal Family

I think he has a year left on his deal. And as such, he'll go on the cheap.

From BBC:

Last Updated: Friday, 29 February 2008, 15:48 GMT

Mascherano signs Liverpool deal

Javier Mascherano has signed a four-year contract with Liverpool.

The 23-year-old, whose contract was owned by the Media Sports Investments consortium, moved to Anfield on loan from West Ham just over a year ago.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he has a year left on his deal. And as such, he'll go on the cheap.

From BBC: (news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7270113.stm)

Last Updated: Friday, 29 February 2008, 15:48 GMT

Mascherano signs Liverpool deal

Javier Mascherano has signed a four-year contract with Liverpool.

The 23-year-old, whose contract was owned by the Media Sports Investments consortium, moved to Anfield on loan from West Ham just over a year ago.

The only reason I would query that is it means the deal would expire in Feb 2012 when the window is shut. It may well be more likely it was a deal that took him up until the end of the summer in 2011 which would have been a three and a half year deal.

Hope I am wrong as it means a big difference in the selling price.

While, for various reasons it probably wasn't tenable for him to stay with us, I can't help feeling that under different circumstances he could have been as good as we all thought he was destined to be.

Shame.

And its going to really hit home when he wins medals with them while we're idling about with Roy fricking Hodgson on the touchline.

While, for various reasons it probably wasn't tenable for him to stay with us, I can't help feeling that under different circumstances he could have been as good as we all thought he was destined to be.

Shame.

And its going to really hit home when he wins medals with them while we're idling about with Roy fricking Hodgson on the touchline.

Agree with this to a point. When he first came i had him down as top drawer, but the politics ground him down, made him paranoid (with some justification) and incredibly stubborn, it ended up that he couldn't see the wood for the trees and a change was essential. I'm sure he will do really well at Milan, and i hope he does. As for Hodgson; time will tell i guess.

Cant argue wth any of the above two posts, Benitez has proved he is a top coach and maybe under different ownership he could have delivered the title in his time with us, but there is no doubt he lost his way and a change was needed, maybe some of his backroom staff going back to Spain started the rot, amongst many other political battles,, it does feel like unfinished business but he pissed me off too much in the end and I wanted him out.

Rafa can fuck off he thinks he'll get Mascherano without a fight

where's the £15m bid for Lucas you cunt?

Seriously pal, just fuck off somewhere else will you. What an absolute fucking nork you are.

He signed a "four year deal" in February 2008. No-one signs a deal which ends in February. I think you're wrong and he has two years left.

I don't google these things, so I'm sure you're right. I still think his fee will be low, but that remains to be seen.

If he wins 2 league titles convincingly enough, i think they'll give him a new deal.

Sure, but that's a big ask from any manager in any league. Mourinho did it, let's see if Rafa can do the same. I doubt it, but it's really not that important any longer. I wish him good luck, but I've always preferred AC Milan to Inter and will continue to do so...

Rafa Benitez: Give Liverpool job to Kenny Dalglish | Mail Online

the former Liverpool manager said: 'I think they should look at Kenny Dalglish. He is the best man for the job. The owners should listen to the fans because they are unhappy.

'No one knows the club better than Dalglish, and he would be perfect there. He wants the job and in my opinion he should get it.'

Benitez was axed earlier this month amid claims that several senior players had lost faith in him during a calamitous season in which Liverpool would have missed out on Europe altogether, but for Portsmouth's financial predicament.

Read more: Rafa Benitez: Give Liverpool job to Kenny Dalglish | Mail Online

Liverpool, meanwhile, denied claims that Chelsea had offered £50m for striker Fernando Torres and reiterated their stance that any such approach would be rejected.

'I think they should look at Kenny Dalglish. He is the best man for the job. The owners should listen to the fans because they are unhappy.

'No one knows the club better than Dalglish, and he would be perfect there. He wants the job and in my opinion he should get it.'

He's playing a blinder for us since he went. Well in Rafa.