You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa cancels two meetings with Broughton

gingerhulk

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure they'll be able to meet this week. There's a really important game with Hull coming up. It might have to wait until Juventus have fucked him off - sorry I meant, until he has some free time. Those Blackburn vs Bolton DVDs don't watch themselves you know. And there's a double episode of Murder She Wrote on tomorrow afternoon.

What channel beast?

I don't know if this has been mentioned earlier but Broughton is non-executive, and cannot give assurances about player purchases or transfer budgets. Only the owners or Purslow can do that. The only thing Rafa could get out of a meeting is a sense of how the sale process is going - whose looking at us, what the valuations look like, time frames etc.

It's the kind of information I'd want if I was looking to stay.

If I was thinking of leaving I wouldn't give a shit!

Come on Dougie - you must accept that Benitez is a little nervous after what has happend in the past. Moores made promises and broke them. Parry made promises and broke them. The Leeches made promises and broke them. Purslow made promises and broke them. Now Broughton has made promises - I'd think the first thing any sane person would want assurances that this time the promises will be kept.

If anything - if people must have a go at Benitez, have a go at him for being too trusting.

That's just beautiful.

You're really taken by him.

Looks like the real thing. Hope you made your feelings known?...Embrace it. Always good to get it out than holding it in.

Love! Its a beautiful thing!

The Mirror 28th April:

"All my focus is on is the next game, that's the future for me, but no-one from the club has spoken to me about mine. My future is this game."

Liverpool v Atletico Madrid preview: Rafa Benitez admits his future is unclear as Juventus rumours intensify - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Sky Sports 29th April:

"All my focus is on the next game, that's the future for me, but no one from the club has spoken to me about mine."

Sky Sports | Home | News | Benitez in dark over future

This is London 29th April:

"All my focus is on the next game, that's the future for me, but no one from the club has spoken to me about mine."

So where's the bit's with him demanding assurances or whatever has been claimed?

Why can't Broughton go to him - yes he only works one day a week for LFC but he's doesn't get packed away in a box for the other six days a week. Surely there must be some compromise in this. Why is it all down to Benitez to do the running here?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps because it's Benitez who has questions? Usually that's the way business operates, if a manager has questions for the CEO he makes an appointment.

Why can't Broughton go to him - yes he only works one day a week for LFC but he's doesn't get packed away in a box for the other six days a week. Surely there must be some compromise in this. Why is it all down to Benitez to do the running here?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps because it's Benitez who has questions? Usually that's the way business operates, if a manager has questions for the CEO he makes an appointment.

Again, I still haven't seen the quote where he demands assurances. But until that comes I have to disagree with your interpretation of what a Chairman's role is when appointed to a new organisation.

The first thing ALL of the Chairmen I've worked with have done is to get their message out, to meet with his senior managers, outline his "business vision" and his aims for the organisation - then they invite questions from the floor about specifics.

So all in all, they get out there and talk to the current incumbents of managerial positions in the organisation and address specific 'concerns'.

Given that Benitez is actually quite busy controlling and managing the one element of the business that the rest of it is built on -THE TEAM - surely it wouldn't be too much to ask for the Chairman to make some sort of compromise eh?

What harm can it do? It's not like Broughton is going to take Rafa's word on Purslow and not check back for the other side of the story. I suspect he's already had that anyway.

But if it's true then another "he goes or I go" scenario has developed because they obviously can't work together if Rafa doesn't even want him in the same room.

Is this really the original source? Can't see how the SA Reds have got this first.

hey hey, Nelson M carries a lot of weight -even in sport !!

Again, I still haven't seen the quote where he demands assurances. But until that comes I have to disagree with your interpretation of what a Chairman's role is when appointed to a new organisation.

The first thing ALL of my Chairmen have done is to get their message out, to meet with his senior managers, outline his "business vision" and his aims for the organisation - then they invite questions from the floor about specifics.

So all in all, they get out there and talk to the current incumbents of managerial positions in the organisation and address specific 'concerns'.

Given that Benitez is actually quite busy controlling and managing the one element of the business that the rest of it is built on -THE TEAM - surely it wouldn't be too much to ask for the Chairman to make some sort of compromise eh?

His brief was simple (if you saw the interview) he has been temporarily employed to oversee the sale of the club and nothing else (his words) I am pretty sure Rafa will have been briefed on that.Rafa is the one requesting a meeting to discuss funds available. That should be done with Purslow but it looks like their relationship has broken down.

His brief was simple (if you saw the interview) he has been temporarily employed to oversee the sale of the club and nothing else (his words) I am pretty sure Rafa will have been briefed on that.Rafa is the one requesting a meeting to discuss funds available. That should be done with Purslow but it looks like their relationship has broken down.

I understand what his brief is - part of overseeing the sale of the club includes commitment to build a new stadium - that we know of - you can rest assured that the stadium won't be the only consideration.

Given the forked tongue on Purslow what would be the benefit of meeting with him to be lied to again. Of course this is absolutley the right thing to do - there has to be an escalation process if the 'line manager' is being unreasonable. Broughton IS that escalation point.

What's unreasonable about that?

I see even hicks is getting angry with the press and their interpretations, "we've been here 3 years, we won't be here 5 yrs" is interpreted as "HICKS DECLARES IT WILL TAKE 2 YEARS TO SELL LIVERPOOL".

Easy to see how "I've not met with anyone" becomes "broughton is a filthy cunt who's refusing to schedule a meeting and I demand reassurances about my future from the slimy git when he finally allows me to meet him"