You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

Why is that? You can see they are actively looking for a new manager and have no idea who they want. So its not like a new owner said "sack Rafa, bring in whoever". They are just struggling to fins a top manager who wants the job (unsurpruisingly) and of course any new manager has to agree with what they are given to spend and told what to do. Even Roy is now looing assurances.

I see no evidence at all that we are waiting for new owners.

Then why not just get Kenny in, or Thommo or some former red that would take the job for a cheap price.

As I said, I could be way off, it's nothing more than a gut feeling I have.

I see no reason why we shouldn't have a manager, regardless of their stature.

Its unstandable for any incoming manager to want assurances of transfer money given.

Everyone knows about the cash been pulled from Rafa last summer and he left when it was refused to be put in writing that he would get something this year.

Bascombe comes out with shite like potentially £80m available for the new manager so its no wonder once again they want assurances.

Then why not just get Kenny in, or Thommo or some former red that would take the job for a cheap price.

Cos maybe Kenny wont agree to do what they want him to do? Maybe they dont want kenny for the same reasons they didnt like Rafa. ie, cares too much about the club and will actually want money to spend, players to be kept etc?

Of course I'm saying what I'm saying out of hope, and I clearly aren't as cynical as you when it comes to the owners.

I just see no reason why we wouldn't put Kenny in charge, if all options have been exhausted. It's all conjecture and speculation for both of us.

I guess I just think that they actually want to sell

Spot on. When boardroom and ownership tussles are played out in the press people bitch and moan about airing dirt laundry in public, but when it goes on behind closed doors everyone just guesses anyway. Perhaps what some see as no evidence for a takeover is simply because whether there is or isn't, it will be kept behind closed doors as it should - a lesson that finally the board/owners seem to have perhaps learnt.

I'm not saying they haven't buggered up the hunt for a new manager or that we're not further than ever from being sold (although i don't think Hicks can hang on much longer without further intervention from RBS), but i firmly believe most of what we're reading in the press is just hacks guessing and people are jumping off from there with their own theories, be it Hodgson's "imminent" arrival, meltdown, takeovers, WC managers, asset stripping, etc.

Edited by Babb'sBurstNad

Having been confident that the ownership issues were about to be sorted, the difficulty in persuading a top manager to come in suggests to me a sale is far from imminent. If we were about to be the richest club in the Prem every man and his dog would be clammering at the door

I'd be gutted if Hodgson gets unveiled as our new manager.

A sad day when they Blue shite have a better manager than Liverpool.

I'll support Hodgson, i just wont have much faith in us getting in the Europa spot next season.

Of course I'm saying what I'm saying out of hope, and I clearly aren't as cynical as you when it comes to the owners.

I just see no reason why we wouldn't put Kenny in charge, if all options have been exhausted. It's all conjecture and speculation for both of us.

I guess I just think that they actually want to sell

You should hang your head in shame with a statement like that Ant.

You should hang your head in shame with a statement like that Ant.

My first impression when I read that was oh what a cunt but then the more restrained in me says he doesnt know what he is typing and give him the benefit of the doubt because no LFC fan of sane mind would knowingly type that.

According to the Beeb, Capello wants to stay on, but the FA says it needs two weeks to decide!

Sorry, but you don't need two weeks to fucking decide whether or not you are keeping a manager, you have a meeting and decide there and then!

Could very well be two weeks to sort out the niceties etc.

Nothing thinking of Capello for us by the way, thinking of the softly spoken gent taking the England job!

Therefore my post still stands.

I make no apologies for my gut feeling that the longer this manager situation goes on, the more likely something is happening. I can't believe we can and would go on this long without a manager, regardless of whether it's Hodgson, Sven or Nigel Pearson.

They won't put Kenny or Thommo in out of choice for one reason - the fans will ALWAYS side with them. If (say) Gerrard is sold and no money passed down for a replacement, the entire support will side with Kenny/Thommo against the board. With anybody else they can palm off blame onto the manager and feckless fans will lap it up......... see recent history.

Yuo see no reason why we shouldn't have a manager? Jesus, have you been in a coma for 3 years?

150 million quid brought in from sales, the manager is given 50 million to replace the players, then we are sitting mid table, having a piss poor season.

If Kenny is in charge, there is one direction the anger is going and it is not at the King, if it is Roy, this place will be full of knobs posting 'Yeah I know things are bad, but he still bought (Insert name), it isn't all their fault'

Because a gobshite never changes his spots!