You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rangers confirm Liverpool approach for teenage defender Danny Wilson

StevieH

Have to hoke out my old union jack from the eighties,looks like were becoming a team of brits again.

Bring back warnock and maybe swap babble for wilcott,and we could be making a few trips to wemberly under our new british manager.

Funny how a couple of days can change a mood,pity ive decided to not watch us at home next season,beginning to think this season could be a special one.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just spoke to a mate of mine (Rangers fan lives in scotland) he rates him will need to toughen up a bit for the premier league though, he says Liverpool have made £500K bid for James McArthur from Hamilton just been on a local sports phone in not seen anything on ssn though

SSN and BBC Scotland both saying McArthur is heading to Wigan for a medical on Thursday. Hopefully they're wrong and we have made a bid. As I said on another thread last week, McArthur is the one SPL player I'd like to see us buy - a real Rolls Royce of a footballer, he's got the potential to be the old fashioned 'complete midfielder'. At £500k he's not much of a risk - if he'd broken through at an English Championship club they'd be asking for 10 times that amount.

SSN and BBC Scotland both saying McArthur is heading to Wigan for a medical on Thursday. Hopefully they're wrong and we have made a bid. As I said on another thread last week, McArthur is the one SPL player I'd like to see us buy - a real Rolls Royce of a central midfielder, he's got the potential to be the old fashioned 'complete midfielder'. At £500k he's not much of a risk - if he'd broken through at an English Championship club they'd be asking for 10 times that amount.

Does he have the potential to be as good as Alonso?

Danny Wilson is a cracking signing. He has the potential to be a Liverpool & Scotland regular for the next 15 years. Best young player i've seen come out of the SPL in years.

There is no chance of McCarthur signing for Liverpool. Would struggle to get in the Rangers or Wigan teams never mind the Liverpool team.

It'll be good to see how a core of British lads will do for us in the coming seasons, backed up by foreign lads who graft. If England and France proved one thing in the World Cup it's that there's more to this shit than just having skilful players, you need team spirit and the right attitude too, hopefully this can stand us in good stead against the likes of citeh, who I reckon are taking the exact opposite philosophy.

Don't know if anyone else heard him, but they had a Rangers fan on SSN talking about Wilson and he said he's a better player than Kyrigakos ever has been or ever will be.

Not really saying much, like.

So now we have 4 CHs (Ayala, Mavinga, Kelly and Wilson) who are at that difficult point between reserves and first team football and still no way to give them the challenge they need to continue to develop.

Wisdom and Coady are right behind those four, too.

So now we have 4 CHs (Ayala, Mavinga, Kelly and Wilson) who are at that difficult point between reserves and first team football and still no way to give them the challenge they need to continue to develop.

Sunshine, lollipops and... rainbows everywhere!

btw, Mavinga is nowhere near ready for first team football. I preferred Palsson last year.

Sunshine, lollipops and... rainbows everywhere!

btw, Mavinga is nowhere near ready for first team football. I preferred Palsson last year.

Palsson was great in midfield but at CH he was like a deer stuck in headlights. Ayala and Mavinga was far and away the best CH pairing we tried last year.

I'd be fascinated to know how exactly Hodgson managed to "identify" Wilson as a target when we've been actively persuing him for months; it's almost as if he has little to do with who we're signing.

But that would mean...

That the press know less than we do........