You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Favorites To Land Cole?

Guest Super Sub

Guest Super Sub
Liverpool FC are leading the race to sign Chelsea star Joe Cole after talks between the England star and the West London club broke down. Cole has admitted that talks between himself and Chelsea have stalled, and now Liverpool are being tipped as the favourites to land the playmaker, with Arsenal, Manchester City, and Tottenham Hotspur the other Premier League clubs in the running for the former West Ham United youngster.

Cole, who moved to Chelsea in 2003 from West Ham United for a fee believed to be in the region of £6.6 million, is struggling to get first team opportunities since returning from injury under Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti with the classy playmaker now expected to leave the Stamford Bridge club. According to SKYBET Liverpool are now the favourites to land the player after their odds were slashed to 8/1, while Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal, Roberto Mancini’s Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur are all at 10/1 to land the 28 year-old midfielder.

Liverpool are set for a summer of re-structuring at the football club and whether or not manager Rafa Benitez is at the football club, the Liverpool heirachy will look to strengthen the squad with Joe Cole a cost-effective way of adding an international to the Reds squad. The likes of Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp is a confirmed admirer of Cole, while SKY BET have also tipped Manchester City and Arsenal to enter the race for the England winger.

SKY BET ODDS: JOE COLE’S NEXT CLUB?

Liverpool – 8/1

Arsenal – 10/1

Manchester City – 10/1

Tottenham Hotspur – 10/1

Manchester United – 20/1

Inter Milan – 25/1

Does anyone think this would be good business or would he be another injury crock that we could never play incase he got injured?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can agree a contract based on say a flat wage, plus bonuses for actually being fit enough to play then we should go for it. An injury free Joe Cole would be an asset.

I can't see him being anywhere near a "free" transfer though. Is that why his talks with Chelsea keep stalling, he wants too much money?

Guest Pistonbroke

Not sure about this one ( probably a load of bollocks anyway. ) When fit he does offer something, but he'd want high wages and i'm not sure he is worth the risk. How old is he now ? 29 ?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Sicknote, and Joe Cole would want Champions League football.

Jesus, that really hits home, doesn't it? I've read stuff like 'would want champion's league' on forums like Everton. We are in such a shit position.

Never gona happen,probably end up at Spurs

Not for me, not regarding his playing ability as he is better than anything we have but his injury record.

I agree with Trucker he will be at Spurs.

So is this acceptance that in this world of thanks but no Yanks, Spurs can afford to outpay us for players ?

Oh dear.

So is this acceptance that in this world of thanks but no Yanks, Spurs can afford to outpay us for players ?

Oh dear.

Not entirely the angle I was coming from but he is a London boy and no up rooting the family etc.

As for Spurs and money judging by the last three transfer windows most clubs can out spend us.

I would take him in a heartbeat. We are paying lot of money to shitter footballers. And if he came for free, we would pay him for example 5 milion in his first year and if he would be always injured we still could sell him after one season for 5+ million with no loss.

After Rooney and Gerrard he is the 3rd best english footballer. Fit and with little bit of form he would be a must in our starting 11.

He is a diver with no doubt, maybe more than Stevie. Small touch and he goes down like shot by automatic rifle. But nevermind that unless he would perform.

Guest Pistonbroke
I would take him in a heartbeat. We are paying lot of money to shitter footballers. And if he came for free, we would pay him for example 5 milion in his first year and if he would be always injured we still could sell him after one season for 5+ million with no loss.

After Rooney and Gerrard he is the 3rd best english footballer. Fit and with little bit of form he would be a must in our starting 11.

He is a diver with no doubt, maybe more than Stevie. Small touch and he goes down like shot by automatic rifle. But nevermind that unless he would perform.

I wouldn't go that far.