You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fallout: New Vegas

Cardie

There are shit loads of side quests to do. You should be able to level up fully b4 completing the main story line. Have you done all the quests from that dude that looks like elvis. He is in the town just outside Vegas. Also just wander the wasteland and you will keep finding towns or settlements with people to talk to and they will give you more missions. Just pick a direction and keep walking and you will come across stuff to do In no time. I think points of interest are denoted by triangles on your radar. Just walk towards them.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is almost completely open-ended. I just keep playing until there's nothing left to kill. You can head off to hoover dam if you want to finish it off, or you could go looking for some deathclaws!

I've still got loads of tasks to do, i really want a sniper rifle, there are too many guns imo, I know this can be a massive plus for some people but it just gives me too much choice. I ditch the semi auto's and I'm no big fan of the plasma and laser weapons. The hunting rifle and the 10mm pistol and That gun I generally use.

I've still got loads of tasks to do, i really want a sniper rifle, there are too many guns imo, I know this can be a massive plus for some people but it just gives me too much choice. I ditch the semi auto's and I'm no big fan of the plasma and laser weapons. The hunting rifle and the 10mm pistol and That gun I generally use.

RPG sickos love all the choices. We get to play it again and again as different characters. Playing the game as a sniper is an entirely different experience to playing it as a cowboy or brawler.

I've killed Ceaser and I'm on level 10, is that about right ??, I feel like I'm losing my way a bit with what I'm meant to be doing and as I said getting to far into it too soon, I know I'll coax one of you bitches into a reply soon enough.

Sounds like you've missed out huge chunks by going on a rampage. When i was playing i kept everyone on side and completed as much of the main story and side quests as i could leaving each faction at the point they give you the option to fuck another group over. Only then did i pick sides and repeated the routine.

Sounds like you've missed out huge chunks by going on a rampage. When i was playing i kept everyone on side and completed as much of the main story and side quests as i could leaving each faction at the point they give you the option to fuck another group over. Only then did i pick sides and repeated the routine.

Yeah I think you're about right, I've lost a bit of interest in the game because of it aswell, I'm going to finish it though, that cunt Victor is in on it though, I know it he's going down.

• 4 months later...

I don't know what the fuck planet my two or three cell brain has been orbiting over the last few months, but I've had the Ultimate-Edition all that time and have only played it for a few hours. I've not even seen any of the add-on content yet! This is one of my favourite ever games, it's just strange.

That's getting sorted out today hopefully anyway. Here goes a big chunk of my summer.

I don't know what the fuck planet my two or three cell brain has been orbiting over the last few months, but I've had the Ultimate-Edition all that time and have only played it for a few hours. I've not even seen any of the add-on content yet! This is one of my favourite ever games, it's just strange.

That's getting sorted out today hopefully anyway. Here goes a big chunk of my summer.

I never completed it first time around so I started again a week or so ago off an old save near the beginning of the game. Rattled through to level 20 just doing the early parts of the main story and loads of side quests. Have access to the strip but not even bothered with that bit so far apart from killing Mcafferty for one of the free side quests.

• 2 weeks later...

Been sucked well and truly into this game now. It's a bit samey to number 3 but that's a plus point. I got a bit pissed off with a couple of the linear quests at first, that one where you're helping the crazy Nightkin and the ghoul, and felt it wasn't what the game was about so I've since just been putting markers on areas of the map I haven't visited and set off wandering. I love it.

Got up to level 22 and have only recently met Benny and Mr House and had an invite to meet Caesar. I can't decide who I want to kill, though. I've generally been keeping everyone on side, then fucking them off, then kissing arse a bit to make sure they keep giving me missions. I can't stand the pompous Paladín mother fuckers but I want them to give me power armour training so did a mission for them which has introduced me to a whole new tribe, the Boomers, or something. Amazing. It just never stops.

One question I have, though, if any of you pros are about: do any of you bother making ammo? I've got shed loads of empty cases but always have the cash to just buy new ones. It seems you've got to destroy your perfectly fine shit, just to make others. Did any of you bother doing it or is it not worth it?

Been sucked well and truly into this game now. It's a bit samey to number 3 but that's a plus point. I got a bit pissed off with a couple of the linear quests at first, that one where you're helping the crazy Nightkin and the ghoul, and felt it wasn't what the game was about so I've since just been putting markers on areas of the map I haven't visited and set off wandering. I love it.

Got up to level 22 and have only recently met Benny and Mr House and had an invite to meet Caesar. I can't decide who I want to kill, though. I've generally been keeping everyone on side, then fucking them off, then kissing arse a bit to make sure they keep giving me missions. I can't stand the pompous Paladín mother fuckers but I want them to give me power armour training so did a mission for them which has introduced me to a whole new tribe, the Boomers, or something. Amazing. It just never stops.

One question I have, though, if any of you pros are about: do any of you bother making ammo? I've got shed loads of empty cases but always have the cash to just buy new ones. It seems you've got to destroy your perfectly fine shit, just to make others. Did any of you bother doing it or is it not worth it?

Never done it, but then I pick up any old random shit and hoard it in Novac (tin cans, burnt books, scrap metal, wonderglue fucking EVERYTHING that isn't nailed down I take) and all the merchants will buy all that shit off you so I just trade it all for ammo. If you don't pick all that up then 10mm pistols are so common in the game it's nothing to trade a few for Ammo.

Hand Load ammo does much more damage than regular ammo almost as much as hollow point but without as much of the penalty that makes hollow points useless against decent armor. They are mostly hollow points inside a jacket (hence JHP).

Don't think they affect criticals but they do wear the gun out more quickly.

Just got an ace perk that allows you to repair weapons with similar ones. Very handy.

With regards the ammo, that's what I was thinking. I take it it's geared more towards the double-hard bastard setting.

Get yourself to the the All American in that armoury at vault 34.

Get yourself to the the All American in that armoury at vault 34.

Sounds interesting. I've just usurped the Brotherhood Elder but still haven't made my mind up about Mr House. I've got a feeling he's going to be joining my long list of casualties.

One more question, I've just got Ed-E upgraded but have no idea how to do the same with Boone. I like the two of them so reckon I'll keep them as companions but who did the rest of you go with? I'm a snipey mo-fo, haven't bothered adding anything to my melee stats, so they suit me well. Sometimes I'm still deciding which rifle to use only to realise Boone's doneall the dirty work. I like the fact you still get XP for their kills, something that didn't happen in number 3, if I remember correctly.

Sounds interesting. I've just usurped the Brotherhood Elder but still haven't made my mind up about Mr House. I've got a feeling he's going to be joining my long list of casualties.

One more question, I've just got Ed-E upgraded but have no idea how to do the same with Boone. I like the two of them so reckon I'll keep them as companions but who did the rest of you go with? I'm a snipey mo-fo, haven't bothered adding anything to my melee stats, so they suit me well. Sometimes I'm still deciding which rifle to use only to realise Boone's doneall the dirty work. I like the fact you still get XP for their kills, something that didn't happen in number 3, if I remember correctly.

If you like sniping then the all american is definetly for you, it's an assault carbine with sniper scope. Just watch Boone when you get their, he's a theiving motherfucker and makes you think it's bugged out but it's in his inventory (PS Take a space suit or radiation suit with you and some rad-x/rad away).

I use Boone and Rex, for some reason Rex is effective against robots.

I never completed it first time around so I started again a week or so ago off an old save near the beginning of the game. Rattled through to level 20 just doing the early parts of the main story and loads of side quests. Have access to the strip but not even bothered with that bit so far apart from killing Mcafferty for one of the free side quests.

Yeah have kind of left the main stuff too this time. (I kill Benny in the Tops early on with Pushy equipped then leave it.) I've done it that often now that it's pretty boring to me.

Just getting my char levelled enough to start the expansions, still haven't seen any of them yet. (but the Gun Runner's Arsenal has some great weapons....fucking expensive some of them too!) Also trying to get liked by the NCR so I can go and get the NCR Combat Armour from a safe house that Hsu gives the key for. On my old game it was bugged and empty, it'd better have the stuff inside it this time around...