You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Heinze

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/archer-renewed-for-season-6-and-7-by-fx-9176122.html

The cable channel ordered two more sets of 13 episodes of the spy comedy, which it said had been 'significant' in FX's growth.

"Archer is one of the best comedies on television and has played a significant role in the growth of the FX comedy brand," said Eric Schrier, president of original programming for FX Networks.

"We’re grateful to Adam Reed, Matt Thompson and their team at Floyd County, and also our incredible voice cast, and are looking forward to supporting their work for at least two more seasons."

Archer took a bold twist with season 5, which saw Sterling and the rest of ISIS shut down by the FBI and forced to scrape a living selling cocaine in Columbia.

"There is a big radical departure this season on Archer and that came about frankly because Adam [Reed] got bored," producer Matt Thompson previously told Uproxx of the new series.

"He is the sole writer of the show and he felt like he was spinning his wheels at some point, which is (Sterling) Archer looking for his father, trying to figure that out, and dealing with his mother. It has kind of almost evolved into spy mission of the week, which is fine. And it’s going well. People liked it. Our ratings have gone up every year. FX is really happy with us.

"And so you have a show that is successful and/or becoming more successful and we decided to change everything because we were bored and because we just want to make the show that makes us interested and happy in the end.

"When we presented FX with this idea we were like, “I hope you don’t hate us but we want to change everything.” And they were coolly like, “OK great. Sounds awesome.” And we’re like, “OK,” which kind of weirded us out because you know you don’t just like change a show in the middle of it."

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Got to show some tough love here. Negged.

Get it watched. It's fucking superb.

I'm on it. I'll download it. What's it about?

"Who steals cars Woodhouse"

"Gypos"

“Hey, proposition: first person to untie me—guy or gal—I will let him or her give me a handy. Come on, let’s share the milk of human kindness!” 

“He’s not coming back from that. That chick was, like, the Pele of anal.”

“I can’t hear you over the sound of my giant, throbbing erection!” 

“Those cannot be your only shoes. What am I saying? It’s Russia. People probably come from miles around just to get their picture taken in those.”

Sterling-10.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco

Worried that it was starting to stagnate and decline, but that was a true return to Season 2 form. Brilliant episode.

Totally agree. Great episode.

• 5 months later...

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/george-coe-original-snl-cast-member-dead-at-86-20150720

George Coe, Original 'SNL' Cast Member, Dead at 86

Longtime actor also voiced Woodhouse on 'Archer' for six seasons

George Coe, an original Saturday Night Live cast member and longtime actor and voiceover artist with over 50 years of credits, passed away Saturday in Santa Monica, California after battling a long illness, Variety reports. He was 86. Coe was featured among the other "Not Ready For Prime Time Players" when Saturday Night Live debuted on October 11, 1975.

While Coe appeared on other episodes during SNL's first season, he was only credited as a featured cast member on the debut, where he was listed alongside Chevy Chase, John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd and Gilda Radner. At 46 years old, Coe, who was hired because NBC wanted an older presence to balance out all the young, then-unknown talent, was also the oldest member of the cast to ever join the show until 47-year-old Leslie Jones edged him out in 2014.

While Coe did not return for SNL's second season, he enjoyed a lengthy acting career that boasted notable roles in films and television shows like 1979's Kramer Vs. Kramer, 1987's Max Headroom, 1987's Blind Date and a pair of appearances on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Coe was also an accomplished voiceover actor, providing his voice to a wide array of works like Celebrity Deathmatch, Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Most recently, Coe voiced Sterling Archer's under-appreciated, much-abused butler Woodhouse on the FX series Archer for six seasons. "One of the loveliest & most talented men I have ever known," comedian Aisha Tyler, who voices Lana Kane on Archer, tweeted about her co-star.

In Norm Macdonald's Twitter monologue offering a behind-the-scenes look at the SNL40 special, he revealed that Rolling Stone's 141 SNL Cast Members Ranked list provided some needling among the crew backstage. "'As long as I beat George Coe,' I said, making a fine joke," Macdonald tweeted. "Again the truth was a finer joke. Coe had easily outranked me. And on it went."

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...