You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham away.

Kevin D

A weakened team doesn't explain the result. we are supposed to have a squad that is competing for every major domestic and European honour, and were playing another weakened team that is not.

Which team do you think had a manager that convinced them they could win today even when it was 11 against 11 ? Don't think it was the boys in Red....

Did you watch the first half?

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last season at home Fulham beat Man United by two goals, beat Arsenal (drew away at the Emirates), and drew with Chelsea. These teams also had far fewer injury problems for these games. Fulham are also probably a stronger side this season. We were forced to start with a range of second-stringers due to injury/illness, but still managed to dominate the first half in which they scored against the run of play.

they're a bunch of good pros with a crowd behind them, play good enough and you beat them, if you invite them on like we did they will summon up the courage to have a go

hate to say it but the likes of Voronin, Degan and Kuyt can play all day and do fuck all, they just put bodies behind then punish. it's too slow to catch them out of their defensive set, Lucas and Masher dont help either just passing sideways

We are Liverpool, the squad built by the manager should be able to withstand a severe injury list. That's the whole point. We have the resources, so why do we have so many poor players at the club?

You see the bit in bold? Unfortunately, saying that to the owners and the organisations that are bankrolling them will not give us the money to have a squad of 20-22 top quality first team players with half of them being paid the £60-70k a week that is expected by that level of players these days, PLUS the additional £10-15K that might make them happy to sit on the bench and play about 20 games.

Especially in World Cup year, players at the the kind of level we want at the club will simply not be happy to sit on the bench and pick up their wages. As for what level I'm talking about there, even Insua, who has come in for a lot of shit in recent weeks, has got the possibility of a trip to South Africa. Also, players that are happy to sign up knowing they'll be warming the bench are not likely to have the kind of character that we want, they're more likely to be of Babel's ilk.

I want number 19 as much as anybody that posts on here. I do not want to see the club consigned to the financial wilderness for the next five seasons in order to achieve that, it would be cutting your nose off to spite your face. We're gouing to be close to that anyway, do you want to win no. 19 this season and them watch the mancs and Chelsea win it for the next five years whilst we battle for the last CL qualification slot every year?

Whatever the reasons for today's defeat, it doesn't excuse that it is our 6th loss in 7 games.

We've had heavy injuries for quite a while. Granted not this bad but we've definitely had injuries to a number of key players for large parts of this season. It's easy to focus the blame in situations like this on a single factor, to say "It's the managers fault," in the desperate hope that it will affect some change in our fortunes but I don't see the world in such a simplistic linear fashion.

We could change the manager but a number of obstacles to success cannot be changed as a result of his removal. We won't increase the investment into the first team - wages and transfer spend account for the largest proportion of variance in any model that predicts the title - the number of injuries we have will probably sort themselves out over time regardless of who is in charge which leaves the questions, how do we improve our squad to the point where there's parity with our competitors and what's the point in changing the manager if it's key injuries that are affecting our peformances?

I often get the suspicion that people get desperate in times like these and want to do whatever they feel can be done, rather than accept that there are times when little can be done, because it leaves them feeling vulnerable and exposed by a sense of powerlessness. If some people get what they want, they run the risk of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

We had Gerrard, Johnson, Riera, Aurelio, Skrtel, Agger, N'gog, Aquilani, Kelly and Cavalieri out, 10 players. It wasn't just our team that was hit but our squad too.

So with the team we put out , just which group of worldbeaters were we up against ?

That game should have been won and done with by half time............

If he took Torres off because of Wednesday, then I've had all I can stand, and I can't stands no more. I'm not commenting on the game as I didn't see it, but the Mancs, Arsenal and Chelsea haven't and won't lose 3-1 at Fulham.

I'd prepared myself for a bad season, but not this bad. We've lost as many games as we have in the previous TWO seasons before the end of October. Not good enough.

March 21st, Fulham 2 Manchester United o.

Hell's Bells and buckets of blood. That was terrible. I did win some money, as I had a moment of inspiration and put £20 down on a 3-1 defeat. What can you say about Kuyt that I haven't said before? Absolute dogshit. This is how he plays for MOST OF EVERY SEASON, folks. He'll have a few ok games at the end of each year, and the gullible think he's the best thing since sliced bread. He works hard. So fucking what? He's a liability. He slows play, wastes possession, puts opponents under no pressure, has no technique, no 'game intelligence', and is a terrible footballer. He scored agoals last year, but he played up front for half the season, and he wasted loads of chances, and his lack of pace and technique cost us so many opportunities. I would argue that we would have been better with 10 men on the pitch this year. He's a liability, and a disgrace to the shirt. I don't care how many fucking charities he sponsors, he should fuck off and go and be a UN ambassador somewhere. Then the fanboys could continue to support him, and we might free our right side up for someone who can actually play football. I guarantee, it would make a massive difference. Benitez is having plenty of mares this season, and today was another.

Frankly, I've had better days.

October 31st. 6 wins and 5 losses. Title challenge over.

Fuck off.

Its a simple response to a post. A post said United would not loose at Fulham. They lost there in March. What is the issue - O I know its a factual response that makes sense. Did I mention anything about wins and losses this season. Grow up.

Hell's Bells and buckets of blood. That was terrible. I did win some money, as I had a moment of inspiration and put £20 down on a 3-1 defeat. What can you say about Kuyt that I haven't said before? Absolute dogshit. This is how he plays for MOST OF EVERY SEASON, folks. He'll have a few ok games at the end of each year, and the gullible think he's the best thing since sliced bread. He works hard. So fucking what? He's a liability. He slows play, wastes possession, puts opponents under no pressure, has no technique, no 'game intelligence', and is a terrible footballer. He scored agoals last year, but he played up front for half the season, and he wasted loads of chances, and his lack of pace and technique cost us so many opportunities. I would argue that we would have been better with 10 men on the pitch this year. He's a liability, and a disgrace to the shirt. I don't care how many fucking charities he sponsors, he should fuck off and go and be a UN ambassador somewhere. Then the fanboys could continue to support him, and we might free our right side up for someone who can actually play football. I guarantee, it would make a massive difference. Benitez is having plenty of mares this season, and today was another.

Frankly, I've had better days.

Loving the fact that after 400 years of watching football you still can't work out why Kuyt is picked.

I often get the suspicion that people get desperate in times like these and want to do whatever they feel can be done, rather than accept that there are times when little can be done, because it leaves them feeling vulnerable and exposed by a sense of powerlessness. If some people get what they want, they run the risk of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I agree Dirk, but I said after the Lyon game that I thought the 'againsts' were going to get their day, and I still think that'll happen. And I personally believe it will be a huge mistake.