You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ayala

mooch84

Thing is Code, Hyppia couldn't even get past a trial with Newcastle for fooks sake. I'm not ruling the lad out at 18, even if he does look like a complete mong right now. We had to give Palletta time and Whitbread, Hobbs to find they weren't good enough, not everyone can come to the fore in the 15 mins you think you require to judge a player. Maybe that is your problem

I think Ayala did alright.

I think he has done alright during pre-season as well.

I do question his lack of pace though and because of it I never really think he will be able to make it at the top, I`m not saying if you have pace you have got a better chance to make it than someone with great ability/technique either.

But when we recruit players from all over the world to our youth set up I would have hoped we could find players with both pace and ability and not sign so many players with obvious weaknesses like fundemental lack of pace actually is.

Edit: Just noticed the tag, well fuck me, did someone have the guts to actually express an opinion, whoever wrote it, you have my deepest sympathy.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was funny when he got passed the ball, dithered for 3-4 seconds and then just twatted the ball down the field and stright out of play. I doubt it would have been quite so aumsing if we weren't winning though.

I think he was getting confused or scared with Carra screaming what to do every time he got near it.

It was funny when he got passed the ball, dithered for 3-4 seconds and then just twatted the ball down the field and stright out of play. I doubt it would have been quite so aumsing if we weren't winning though.

At one point I think it was him who brought the ball out of defence and you could see a wave of panic wash over him as he approached the halfway line and passed it sideways.

Kelly looked a lot more comfortable on the ball in preseason but perhaps Ayala will settle down in the way the boy Wash is starting to do.

I think he was getting confused or scared with Carra screaming what to do every time he got near it.

A young lad trying to shake that teenage 'skin off' and the shadow of a famous dad. Carra needs to hug him a bit and tell him he's going to get through those difficult times providing he trusts his own judgement and controls the ball.

Against a better side we'd have been raped in midfield and exposed at the back, but it wouldn't be this lads fault.

A young lad trying to shake that teenage 'skin off' and the shadow of a famous dad. Carra needs to hug him a bit and tell him he's going to get through those difficult times providing he trusts his own judgement and controls the ball.

Against a better side we'd have been raped in midfield and exposed at the back, but it wouldn't be this lads fault.

Oh dear.

*shakes head*

I can remember when if we had to sling a young lad in for a debut, even if he didnt have the steadiest of games, he was given plaudits because he was a young lad making his debut.

Seems like another tradition has gone by the wayside with some fans wanting to be the first to get the critique in.

For fuck sake he`s 18 years old, makeing his first competative game, playing in front of 43,000 people and he`s getting slagged for looking terrified, being a bit slow and living in the shadows of his famous dad. The kid did really well last night, I think it`s time some of you on here got a fucking grip of yourselves.

Exceptional reading of the game, exceptional heading abilities, good first touch, always calm on the ball etc..

Now I did not watch Hyypia at the same age as Ayala but he was a regular for the Finnish Cup winners MyPa(-92) at the time.

Slightly different level, I would have thought.