You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very valid point.

Honestly, we should be pissing ourselves at this one, not working ourselves up into a lather about what a cunt he is.

They've just sold their best player for £80 million, and having seen various targets go elsewhere they're bringing now in someone who couldn't get himself picked ahead of a 33 year old Mark Viduka in a team that desperately needed to score goals.

It's as if we'd sold Torres and were bringing in Franny Jeffers to replace him.

We certainly shouldnt be gloating it could be us in 12 months time

You never know, they may keep him fit. ManUre do have a very annoying habit of keeping their key players fit for almost the entire season.

How often have the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinand etc. picked up long term injuries. It doesn't happen often.

I'm sure Owen Hargreaves will find that a comfort.

I can't see him passing a medical. Also could he get a league champions medal after all? I fucking hope not.

no you have to play 10 games to get one

I honestly cant believe this, my dad told me about it just after it came on talkshite and my first reaction was too laugh then called Owen a cunt, no matter how shit he is now, seeing him in a scum shirt will be sickening

will get sacked for breach of contract when it turns out he is not clean and fresh!

anyone who sticks up for him going to Newcastle to save his England place is deluded, Sven wouldnt ever not pick him, he could have waited 4 months and joined us for about 10million

If owen joines them, i will never ever forgive him, i really hope rafa rings him just to bring him home to fuck off the whisky nose basterd, Evan if he plays a bit part

I think Rafa would be too busy chuckling about a Utd front line of Berbatov, Owen, Rooney & Valencia vs last year's Berbatov, Tevez, Rooney & Ronaldo. Unless they make a couple of massive signings, it's effectively a concession that they don't intend to seriously contest the title next season.

I've never really felt it was something to condemn him for when he went to Real. He wasn't the only player getting pissed off with things at Anfield. I'd say he wasn't the only fan getting pissed off too - except he wasn't a fan.

He loves a gamble, and that's what he did when he decided to fuck off to Spain.

If he'd won he'd have been a regular starter and probably still there now. His England career would still exist. His family would have moved over there to be with him.

It didn't work out, and he was then faced with another gamble. He could sign for the Geordies for big money, he could stay with Real and fight for a place in the starting line-up, he could dig his heels in and demand to be sold to LFC or not sold at all. Only the first one gave him good odds in terms of continuing his England career.

But of course no matter how good the odds there's always a chance your horse will turn out to be lame, and Owen himself knows he would have been put down a long time ago if he was a racehorse.

In fact if Newcastle had taken out a good enough insurance policy on Owen maybe he'd have retired already anyway.

But it's not his fault he suffered so many injuries, and if for nothing else I feel sorry for him for that.

Until tonight I'd sum up my feelings for him as being an old hero who made some unfortunate decisions and got twatted with bad luck. I'd have thought that one day, after he retired, he'd be back at Anfield as a pundit now and again and that I'd have a fair amount of respect for him.

But if he signs for them it throws all of that out of the window. He certainly doesn't need the money. He'll be very fortunate to get many appearances for them, let alone starts.

It's local, relatively speaking, for him - but that's about all that can be said about it.

If he goes there he has dropped an individual shit on the head of every Red who stood by him, or gave him the benefit of the doubt, or still had some respect for him.

He always struck me as wanting to be loved, idolised, made into a legend.

He'll be hated, despised and made into an outcast.

Maybe he really is a bit of a thicko.

The last half of that is spot on. I feel like a cunt for spending quite a bit of time defending him against people calling him a traitor or mercenary for the best part of five years. This would love me in no doubt that those people were, in fact, correct.

His coming from our youth system and playing alongside the likes of Gerrard ,Fowler and Carragher means that he has no excuse. He can't plead ignorance or feign an indifference, this is shameful shit. I used to feel slightly guilty when I heard Owen had been injured because it was a by-product of our overuse of him as a kid and had we not so heavily relied on him in his younger days, I believe he'd be in a lot better condition now. However should he sign, that will just turn to anger.

He can fuck off.