You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the score?

It was a very dramatic 2-2 draw. The blues took the lead in the first half thanks to an own goal by Hyypia, but the second half saw us turn it around with two penalties by Kuyt, the first one awarded when Hibbert brought down Gerrard, the second at the stroke of full time when Neville stopped the ball from going in with his hand. Both Everton men were sent of, but even with nine players The People's Club managed to get the last laugh when Lescott slotted home another spot kick on 94 minutes, after he himself had been manhandled by Carragher inside the area. That's what really happened, on Oct 20th 2007.

Even when you are reading quotes from someone?

I said I don't believe "everything", as a human I use my limited intelligence to believe or not believe what I like. There are things I've read and that I do believe obviously. I tend not to take things as gospel just because a certain manager or a player is saying it though.

Surely Rafa has to sooner rather than later say to Real - you've had your chance but now it's too late, as you haven't matched our valuation. It's nearly the start of the season and he's not for sale whether he wants to go or not... as we don't have time to get a suitable replacement.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I don't believe everything Gerrard says, especially about managers he plays under. I also don't believe everything managers say. Go on shoot me.

That's fine, you don't have to explain yourself to me

I just wanted to know whether you thought that our captain would lie on record, that's all

That's fine, you don't have to explain yourself to me

I just wanted to know whether you thought that our captain would lie on record, that's all

What do you expect Gerrard to do Andy, come out and slate the manager ? Do you honestly believe he was entirely honest under oath when in court ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maggie Mary's

haha, i loved that substition, showed he had balls of steel and no one is bigger tha lfc. that's what you tedious cunts can't handle. you all think you're mr liverpool but you're just bitter and stuck in the past. post this if you have the bottle.

There you go Maggie Mary's, but why didnt you just post it yourself ? Why put it in a rep comment ? Most strange.

Dougie is right. We could easily win the league this season I honestly believe that but we could as easily finish 5th. There is no cast iron guarantee what will happen just because we challenged for the title last season for the first time in seven or eight years doesn't mean we will do this season. Some on here are taking it for granted we will win the title.

Got to agree with this it could be a glorious title winning season or it could be like Houlliers season the one before he got sacked when the wheels came off and he lost the dressing room. A good start is imperative but if we got into a slump I am not sure Rafa would get us out of it.

What do you expect Gerrard to do Andy' date=' come out and slate the manager ? Do you honestly believe he was entirely honest under oath when in court ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maggie Mary's

haha, i loved that substition, showed he had balls of steel and no one is bigger tha lfc. that's what you tedious cunts can't handle. you all think you're mr liverpool but you're just bitter and stuck in the past. [b']post this if you have the bottle[/b].

There you go Maggie Mary's, but why didnt you just post it yourself ? Why put it in a rep comment ? Most strange.

He gave the quotes in an organised interview with the official mag, it's not as if he got doorstepped or got asked at gunpoint

He could have quite easily swerved it and have them remove the question from the interview or given a short answer, as opposed to the lengthy and indulgent one that he offered up

When did Gerrard make that Winning Mentality speech?

After he was subbed at Reading?

As for keeping people happy (bench or otherwise); think we'd be a stronger squad with Crouch, Hyypia, Keane, Riise and Arbeloa still in it? With Alonso on his way and Mascherano casting more than a casual glance abroad?

There are perfectly acceptable non-Rafa reasons why those players want(ed) out, but the number of them is unacceptable for a team that plays in the latter stages of Europe every year and has such a quality manager backed by great supporters.

Is it not the least bit possible that there is more the manager could be doing to make these players feel wanted? Is it really the only retort to such players that "you're at a great club and you're on 50k a week, sort your fucking head out"?

If Rafa is the true pragmatist, unlike the hideously vain and obsessive Houllier, can he not look at himself and see there is (even) more he could be doing?

Liverpool target Steven Defour eyes Anfield move as Reds ponder Xabi Alonso replacement | Mail Online

Steven Defour has joined Roma’s Alberto Aquilani on the list of candidates to replace Xabi Alonso at the heart of Liverpool’s midfield and has admitted his interest in an £18m Anfield move.

While Real Madrid have yet to match Liverpool’s valuation on Alonso, Defour, 21, said: ‘I have an agreement with Standard Liege that I could go to a top club, and Liverpool fit the bill.’

Defour, who is under contract until 2013, is also wanted by Real Madrid should they fail to prise Alonso away from Anfield.

Red alert: Liverpool have identified Steven Defour on their list of possible replacements for Real Madrid target Xabi Alonso

'Steven's name has been mentioned not only at Real Madrid, but also at Liverpool - they are looking at him too,' said the player's agent, Paul Stefani.

'Normally he would stay for another year, but nobody could say no to clubs like those - and Liege would not stand in his way.'

Read more: Liverpool target Steven Defour eyes Anfield move as Reds ponder Xabi Alonso replacement | Mail Online

He gave the quotes in an organised interview with the official mag, it's not as if he got doorstepped or got asked at gunpoint

He could have quite easily swerved it and have them remove the question from the interview or given a short answer, as opposed to the lengthy and indulgent one that he offered up

My reply to your post was in response to your "I just wanted to know whether you thought that our captain would lie on record, that's all"

IMO he went into a court of law and lied under oath. So again IMO I don't think Gerrard would have a problem telling a few white lies about how things are within the Anfield camp.

You seem to have taken exception to a comment made by Rashid, yet the comment he made was quite correct. Gerrard did "wax lyrical" about Houllier.

We all have opinions about our bosses/managers in work but I bet the majority on here wouldn't dare say exactly what we thought of them and the decisions they make, for not wanting to rock the boat. Does this not apply to footballers ?

RAFA IS GOD. There, will that do folks?

People will defend Rafa when he is critizised, the same way he will be critizised when someone are defending him. The main challenge on here these days I think (apart from it being off season on course), is that the discussion all too often turns black/white. I value your opinions highly, agreeing with them or not, and I almost always read your posts, but the ironic "Rafa is God" - comments you sometimes come up with John only contributes to the black/white painting of the situation.

I'm probably going to be labled a racist now, he he.

My reply to your post was in response to your "I just wanted to know whether you thought that our captain would lie on record' date=' that's all[/b']"

IMO he went into a court of law and lied under oath. So again IMO I don't think Gerrard would have a problem telling a few white lies about how things are within the Anfield camp.

You seem to have taken exception to a comment made by Rashid, yet the comment he made was quite correct. Gerrard did "wax lyrical" about Houllier.

We all have opinions about our bosses/managers in work but I bet the majority on here wouldn't dare say exactly what we thought of them and the decisions they make, for not wanting to rock the boat. Does this not apply to footballers ?

Granted, but I also wouldn't give an interview to a magazine and blow smoke up someones arse who I had little respect for

It's not as if Steven has been all sunshine and flowers between them in interviews, even in his autobiography, he stated Rafa was somewhat cold.

I cannot see how he, after offering up an honest opinion in his autobiography, which is far more high profile, would then lie just for the sake of an interview with a magazine.

I'm also curious as to whether Rashid would have the same opinion of Gerrard's honesty had he slaughtered Benitez in an interview

I doubt it somewhat

People will defend Rafa when he is critizised, the same way he will be critizised when someone are defending him. The main challenge on here these days I think (apart from it being off season on course), is that the discussion all too often turns black/white. I value your opinions highly, agreeing with them or not, and I almost always read your posts, but the ironic "Rafa is God" - comments you sometimes come up with John only contributes to the black/white painting of the situation.

I'm probably going to be labled a racist now, he he.

Sorry mate. It was my really shit attempt at ironic humour to lighten the mood somewhat. I didn't mean it literally.

I'm also curious as to whether Rashid would have the same opinion of Gerrard's honesty had he slaughtered Benitez in an interview

I doubt it somewhat

Yeah i made that point earlier but its strangely got ignored. If Gerrard came out and criticised Rafa no one would accuse him of lying or being dishonest. They would be on it in a flash using it to bash the manager.

Granted, but I also wouldn't give an interview to a magazine and blow smoke up someones arse who I had little respect for

It's not as if Steven has been all sunshine and flowers between them in interviews, even in his autobiography, he stated Rafa was somewhat cold.

I cannot see how he, after offering up an honest opinion in his autobiography, which is far more high profile, would then lie just for the sake of an interview with a magazine.

I doubt it somewhat

OK I'll concede "Lie" may have been the wrong term to use in regard to the interview you quoted. Lets say he puts a nice coat of gloss on it. Its what they all do. I still stand by my opinion he wasn't entirely truthful in court though.

As for your curiosity about whether "Rashid would have the same opinion of Gerrard's honesty had he slaughtered Benitez in an interview". I'm curious as to whether you'd have given the comment as much concern had another person said it.

OK I'll concede "Lie" may have been the wrong term to use in regard to the interview you quoted. Lets say he puts a nice coat of gloss on it. Its what they all do. I still stand by my opinion he wasn't entirely truthful in court though.

As for your curiosity about whether "Rashid would have the same opinion of Gerrard's honesty had he slaughtered Benitez in an interview". I'm curious as to whether you'd have given the comment as much concern had another person said it.

Of course I wouldn't, but then again, no one else talks as much shite as he does