You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton moaning about lack of final tickets

BRAP

Everton CEO Robert Elstone has described the Club's ticket allocation for the FA Cup final as 'hopelessly inadequate'.

The Toffees have received 25,109 tickets for the final - a figure matched by Chelsea's allocation.

The number is significantly lower than the 32,000 tickets Everton were allocated for the semi-final against Manchester United - for a match that is being played at a stadium with a capacity of 90,000.[1]

Mr Elstone said: "The allocation to both Everton and Chelsea is not only too small - it is, sadly, hopelessly inadequate and will, we believe, serve to drive ticketless supporters towards the touts.

"As a direct consequence of the Football Association's decision to award us just 25,000 tickets for the ultimate in prestige games we are faced with trying to squeeze not a quart but a gallon into a pint-pot."

The match will be Everton's first appearance in a major cup final since the 1995 FA Cup victory over Manchester United at the old Wembley.

Understandably, demand for tickets amongst Evertonians is huge and the Everton CEO is disappointed so many fans eager to attend will not be able to do so.

He added: "I would estimate that two out of every three Evertonians who would dearly love to be at this game will not, in fact, be at Wembley.

"To suggest that demand will outstrip supply is to understate things...I believe we could sell in excess of 70,000 tickets for this game. [2]

"As a Club, all we can do is to try to ensure that our allocation ends up in the hands of those who have proved their dedication to Everton...we understand many will miss out but there is very little else we could do given the circumstances forced on us.

"Everyone at this Club has worked tirelessly to grow our season ticket base.[3] We now know a number of those season ticket holders will not receive a ticket for our biggest game in 14 years and that is damaging to the work being carried out.

"Whilst acknowledging that many supporters will seriously consider going down other avenues in search of tickets, I would urge them to steer well clear of the countless internet ticket agencies which claim to already have tickets - they do not.

"The only way supporters can be guaranteed a genuine Cup Final ticket is by meeting the criteria as set out through the Club."

[1] I think this is a fair point. Everton's average attendance is in the low 30,000s so I think it's only fair that a sufficient number of tickets should be allocated to each club, especially given the capacity of the ground. But I suspect that this argument will continue well into the future regarding any club with a sizable fanbase who appear in a cup final.

[2] Stop taking the piss. You couldn't. You know you couldn't. We know you couldn't. The FA know you couldn't. You can't even sell out your home european allocation - even after offering free fucking beer to students.

[3] If having half-season tickets, and advertising with Radio City and the Echo (not to mention trying to flog season tickets with a slight discount for next season even as I type) counts as working tirelessly then I suppose you have. Although none of that seems to have done you any good, and you can hardly blame the FA for it.

Fans always get screwed when it comes to allocation in finals.

Whether the FA or UEFA, they look after their corporate mates first, then anyone other than the Clubs, then give the clubs theirs.

The clubs then look after their corporates then the players, staff etc and only THEN will the fans be considered.

No-one expects to get to two finals in a row so they bury their collective heads in the sand and hope the furore goes away in the summer, only to do the same next season.

But Everton crying over any allocation is a bit much when they can't fill their ground.

People's Club......aye!

I cant see why they are complaining, every single STH will be able to go, its not like us where STH have to go into a ballot to get a ticket.

My house mate is a blue, been to one game this season, he wants his second to be the FA Cup final, the true blues fans who go each week will get a ticket. The others can fuck off as they havent been to enough games in this season.

I cant see why they are complaining, every single STH will be able to go, its not like us where STH have to go into a ballot to get a ticket.

My house mate is a blue, been to one game this season, he wants his second to be the FA Cup final, the true blues fans who go each week will get a ticket. The others can fuck off as they havent been to enough games in this season.

Exactly the ones who've followed Everton home & away will all be sorted and the vast majority of home fans will be alright as well.

The rest can go and fuck themselves.

Havn't they got 30,000 season ticket holders? Thats what one of my blue mates told me. So, if it's true, them 5000 of them wont get to the game, which is a disgrace.

If thats the case thats completely wrong.

However I dont think they've go that many, we havent, we've got 25,000-27,000 i think, someone correct me if I'm wrong, and our fan base is far bigger than theres and a stadium is bigger

Put the dislike of them to one side. They have a point. For a 90000 stadium, that sort of allocation is a disgrace and, furthermore, it is symptomatic of the commercial suffocation of our great game.

40% go to the fans of the clubs, thats a joke

Put the dislike of them to one side. They have a point. For a 90000 stadium, that sort of allocation is a disgrace and, furthermore, it is symptomatic of the commercial suffocation of our great game.

I agree. But it's doubtful Everton could get 40,000 to Wembley. I mean they were given 32,000 for the semi and they were still selling on the Friday before. And the criteria was attending just three home matches this season.

You can understand UEFA's standpoint as well, unless us, Utd, Celtic or Rangers get to a final their allocations for the finals would normally be acceptable.

The problem with the football authorities is that they are too fucking intransigent when it comes to the teams with massive fan bases.

Still I take your point 40% allocation to supporters is diabolical, and it can only lead you to one conclusion.

Somethings rotten.

Guest ShoePiss
Whats funny though, is chelsea arent moaning, not sure if its because they've got two big games coming up or they are happy with the allocation

I think they have been and did when they were in the fa cup last time...which had exactly the same allocation then too.

Exactly the ones who've followed Everton home & away will all be sorted and the vast majority of home fans will be alright as well.

The rest can go and fuck themselves.

Go and sit at the top of the class for the correct answer

Every fucking one of them buzzed of us scrambling for tickets in 2006. Fuck them - if they want to be a big team -get used to getting corporatly fucked every big game. Not one onuce of sympathy - fuck them. Come on Chelsea

There are not enough final tickets to cover all STHs. Only STHs who are signed up to the autocup scheme will get them. Quite a surprise considering our "tiny fanbase", eh?

You may have more than 25,000 ST holders, but beyond that there isn't much more. Otherwise you'd sell out every game. Which you don't.

There are not enough final tickets to cover all STHs. Only STHs who are signed up to the autocup scheme will get them. Quite a surprise considering our "tiny fanbase", eh?

It might be interesting to see how many of the 25210 tickets are going to STH's , because as others on this thread have said , practically all of your STH's would get a ticket if that was the case.

Looking at the very complicated system for applying for tickets in the Echo tonight , I wonder if Mr. Elstone ( maybe after advice from good Ol' Rick ) is doing the old 3-card trick , taking your eyes away from how many of your allocation will be going to the likes of players , directors & sponsors & not going into the pot for real fans.

Everton or not , I hope everybody who deserves a ticket , gets one.