You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Albert Riera

El Rojo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem i have with him is that he goes past people, or gets behind the defence on the end of a through ball but he's so slow that the defender generally recovers to get goal side again.

I think he's got a great touch and his ability to shield the ball is excellent too. does dilly dally though

The problem i have with him is that he goes past people, or gets behind the defence on the end of a through ball but he's so slow that the defender generally recovers to get goal side again.

I think he's got a great touch and his ability to shield the ball is excellent too. does dilly dally though

I would like to think Rafa will bring in a left sided player, at least one quick fullback and a striker. I think it's vital that we have more pace in defence if we are going to continue to play with such an expansive game.

Good but not good enough to be first choice. Sorting out the left side has become a bigger priority than the right. I'd off-load Babel without a moment's hesitation.

Exactly. Watching him in his last few performances (which have been breif I know) he just doesn't seem interested/motivated anymore.

It will be good for both parties if he moved on this summer. Worst thing is that I can see him becoming the world-class player in a different team.

He's too slow unfortunately. Good feet and gives us better balance but you've got to be an amazing player to play as an attacker in our league and completely lack any kind of place like he does. I'd rather see Yossi out there and encourage our left backs to push on more, especially against weaker teams.

I dont agree with that mate, I think Yossi is way more effective in the centre and I'd also say that Riera is exactly the best option on the left against the weaker teams. Yossi is best suited to the Gerrard role and the next best place for him is on the right. Riera is naturally an attacking left sided player and is a better option out there than Yossi.

Guest Dog Chaser

If Riera had Babel's pace he would be a world beater. If Babel had Riera's technical abiltiy plus decent atitude he would be a world beater. The risk of getting rid of Babel is that he might turn into a quality player but his atitude stinks.

If Riera had Babel's pace he would be a world beater. If Babel had Riera's technical abiltiy plus decent atitude he would be a world beater. The risk of getting rid of Babel is that he might turn into a quality player but his atitude stinks.

I dont care if Babel goes on to score the winner in the World Cup final and KO's both Klitschko brothers in the same night, he needs fucking off this Summer and he can then figure out what it is he wants to be on someone elses payroll. He is a dopey, half arsed cunt who isn't good enough at the moment and he shows very little propensity for improvement either.

I dont agree with that mate, I think Yossi is way more effective in the centre and I'd also say that Riera is exactly the best option on the left against the weaker teams. Yossi is best suited to the Gerrard role and the next best place for him is on the right. Riera is naturally an attacking left sided player and is a better option out there than Yossi.

I prefer Yossi in the middle but he's not gonna take Gerrard's place. That means it's between Kuyt and Riera and in that case it's Dirk for me. Like i said, you'd have to have the left back pushing on to provide width.

I just think Reira is that slow that it's too easy for a full back to keep him out of the game. It's a shame cos with a bit of pace he'd be a really good player.

I've been quite impressed with him to be honest. He lacks a bit of pace but has brilliant control and is a very good dribler. He gives us natural width on the left and does put in some good crosses, although he could improve here. Chips in with a few goals as well. Fitness isn't the best though. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet but he's in a new team and a new league and should be given more time.

We need to sign a right winger before a left one anyway.