You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck off Keane!

Yerma'satexan!

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Tottenham Hotspur | Keane - Rafa and I not suited

That's right Robbie, it's Rafa's fault you couldn't put the ball in the back of the net...it's Rafa's fault for the numerous air shots you had. So what if he's not your bezzie fucking mate, he your fucking manager, my manager's an arse aswell, deal with it. Ever considered this Robbie, your just not good enough to play for Liverpool Football Club. Easy route to take, blame the manager for your failings. I thought you'd have a bit more humility and class after how shite you were but obviously not. Pathetic Robbie Keane, fucking pathetic. And Rafa's made the right decision to get rid of you when he did.

Incidentely I would of said the same about Dossena, boy is my face red now.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He probably could have if he was bought by a manager who had a clue what he wanted to do with him. Not that I wanted to sign him in the first place, and still don't understand what Rafa was thinking - don't think I ever will.

I too was sceptical when we signed him, but it was Benitez who gave him the chance in the first place and he squandered it. His attitude stunk. And still does by the looks of it.

People have their own opinions of Benitez. I have nothing against him and will leave people to make their own minds up about him.

"When you've been around for a while as a player, all you want is a bit of respect and to be treated the way you feel you deserve to be.

Fair comment that I think, Keane could have poured on the bile but he hasn't really, he has every right to feel bitter - he was humiliated.

What did he say thats so wrong? The way Keane was treated was a disgrace and akin to how we treated Crouch. People go on about Crouch not signing a contract but would you blame him? He was treated like shit.

Keane scored goals against Arsenal and Bolton and then dropped like a stone - why? I don't mind Rafa thinking he isn't good enough and getting shut but the way he treated Robbie Keane leaves a sour taste and the title of this thread is a disgrace.

Keane would have earned everyone's respect if he had put a few of those chances away.

He was shocking here. Not saying he's generally shite, just clearly not good enough to adapt to our playing style (I'd suggest thats more to do with his limitations rather than ours).

Robbie will always believe that for his own self-esteem & he has expressed it respectfully so I don't really see the problem.

Personally i think it is fairly obvious that Spurs is the limit of his levels both for skill reasons (Dean Saunders) & mental issues (David James).

Interestingly that is rather backed up by him picking Gordon Strachan as his best ever manager.

He is vg at a smaller club but will never manage a top side (sorry Celtic as your fan-base means you should be a top side but without the TV revenue you aren't at the moment), rather like Robbie himself.

There was fault on both sides , but I can't see what Robbie is trying to achieve by dragging it up again.

He probably thinks he is sniping from a position of strength because he played well against Middlesbrough.

Our performances don't seem to have suffered that much ( Boro apart ) since he went.

Keane was a disappointment, no doubt there.

For me personally, it was because he was lazy. Always thought he was someone who put lots of efort in, but watching him, if the ball wasnt palyed to feet he wasn't interested.

But was he like that because he knew he wasnt going to be given a chance, regardless of what he did?

Or was he like that becuase when he was given a chance, he put no efort in.

The only match I saw Keane play as I expected was PSV away. Dropping deep, wanting the ball and making things happen.

I too was sceptical when we signed him' date=' but it was Benitez who gave him the chance in the first place and he squandered it. His attitude stunk. And still does by the looks of it.[/quote']

Wasn't his attitude really, I always thought he was working hard. Upfront on his own isn't where Keane should be playing, or in midfield behind the striker. He might've done OK with Torres, but it was still a bizarre signing because of Gerrard/Torres.

I don't have a problem with what he's said there and he hasn't dragged anything back up, he's done an interview with a magazine and answered a question.

Keane is at his best when under a manager who makes him feel loved (see Redknapp, Strachan, Jol etc) and Rafa isn't that type of manager, so it was always going to end in tears (with hindsight).

The lad's a red for fucks sake.

I still dont see how anyone could think we're better off with Kuyt, Babel and N'gog rather than him going into the 2nd half of our first title challenge in years. I see Kuyt still got played after his airshot against Boro.

It's actually painful to watch Torres limping about for the last 20-30 mins of games, he's clearly not fully fit. I feel like we're just waiting for him to break down injured again and then it will be 'it's not Benitez's fault he got injured!' Course not and it's not his fault that after 5 years and £100m we haven't brought in another forward who looks like he's anywhere near our standard.