You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I forgot to ask....

dave u

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the whole game on a stream.

hmmmmm. So did I, but it's nowhere near as good as being at the game.

This has been done to death, but to bring you up to date, the summary is if you think you get no more from actually being at the game, you're a fool who doesn't understand football.

hmmmmm. So did I, but it's nowhere near as good as being at the game.

This has been done to death, but to bring you up to date, the summary is if you think you get no more from actually being at the game, you're a fool who doesn't understand football.

Oh okay- I hadn't realised the forum had reached a consensus.

You're right. Mascherano was awesome. When I saw him stinking up the place (along with most of the rest of the players) It was because of the quality of the Stream. Sorry. Apologies all round, people. My bad. Opinions eh? Sorry.

Oh okay- I hadn't realised the forum had reached a consensus.

You're right. Mascherano was awesome. When I saw him stinking up the place (along with most of the rest of the players) It was because of the quality of the Stream. Sorry. Apologies all round, people. My bad. Opinions eh? Sorry.

We had. Ages ago. I couldn't actually see Mascherano, because the stream was so bad. I'm sure he was shit though.

But that same idiot would have an even less of grasp of what’s happening watching it on the tele/PC.

Definitely.

Being at the game definitely gives you a wider view of a player's performance, in terms of movement off the ball, in my opinion.

Okay then, what did you see from your seat in the ground, Mascherano do that I didn't see on the stream?

If you didn't see the work he was doing up and down the pitch, breaking up play and starting off our attacks and even pushing on himself down the right wing then you didn't see as much as me.

My mate's a blue and he went both drawn derbies at our place and even he said you dont get an idea of how muchground Gerrard covers unless you see it in the flesh.

Here's a question for you, why do you think people constantly shell out 40 odd quid when they could just get a £10 broadband connection and squint their way through the season?

How about me watching it in HD, do I end up somewhere in the middle?

Yes, probably cos you're only seeing what they're showing you rather than looking at the entire pitch. I honestly couldn't give a shit how other people watch it unless they start laughing at my opinions when they're not even there.

It's obvious that going the game gives you a better impression of the match otherwise why would opposing managers travel miles go to games on freezing cold nights to watch teams they're about to play?

If you didn't see the work he was doing up and down the pitch, breaking up play and starting off our attacks and even pushing on himself down the right wing then you didn't see as much as me.

My mate's a blue and he went both drawn derbies at our place and even he said you dont get an idea of how muchground Gerrard covers unless you see it in the flesh.

Here's a question for you, why do you think people constantly shell out 40 odd quid when they could just get a £10 broadband connection and squint their way through the season?

You're confusing the better experience of going to the match for some magical better vision of how a player plays.

As I say unless Mascherano was scoring goals off screen, tackling players off-screen, or making passes with a different ball to the one the cameras were following, you just didn't see that much more than me.

As I say I've been to plenty of games in my short life (None this season, granted) and my judgement of a players performance doesn't differ much from when I'm at the game, to when I'm not.

You know, Dave, I sometimes think the 'server overload' is a good thing and would go so far as to say that the forums ought to be off-limits for at least two hours after a match. Too many people - self probably included so I'm not taking a moral high ground here - rush on to write rather unconsidered things, and then it turns into a vile slanging match when the usual suspects and mentalists come on for their point-scoring and wind-up routines! As this is a fairly lightly moderated site (A GOOD thing!!) a bit of self-censorship wouldn't go amiss.

Actually, a gap of 2 to 3 hours before reopening the fora might not be a bad idea. AT leats then people get a chance to reflect before posting. What do people think?

You know, Dave, I sometimes think the 'server overload' is a good thing and would go so far as to say that the forums ought to be off-limits for at least two hours after a match. Too many people - self probably included so I'm not taking a moral high ground here - rush on to write rather unconsidered things, and then it turns into a vile slanging match when the usual suspects and mentalists come on for their point-scoring and wind-up routines! As this is a fairly lightly moderated site (A GOOD thing!!) a bit of self-censorship wouldn't go amiss.

Actually, a gap of 2 to 3 hours before reopening the fora might not be a bad idea. AT leats then people get a chance to reflect before posting. What do people think?

Could have a reverse effect tho and just build up more rage!! I've been guilty as well so I am not really qualified to say either way!

You're confusing the better experience of going to the match for some magical better vision of how a player plays.

As I say unless Mascherano was scoring goals off screen, tackling players off-screen, or making passes with a different ball to the one the cameras were following, you just didn't see that much more than me.

As I say I've been to plenty of games in my short life (None this season, granted) and my judgement of a players performance doesn't differ much from when I'm at the game, to when I'm not.

If that's the case you are better just sacking off going the match altogether. You get a much better idea of what's going on in the match and especially of the work a player is putting in when you go the match. It's obvious.

You haven't answered my question about other managers travelling miles to sit freezing their balls off while watching live games when they could watch it on tv either. Why bother?