You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are we going to bottle it?

siang

Sir Fudgie's mind games are starting now....

Rafa's responding to it... don't know whether that's good or bad...

With the draw against Stoke, the Mancs are upping the ante now...

It would be good to see whether the whole team got the bottle to hold it together now and now collapse like a set of dominos!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I think we are going to put a challenge in.

This team has definately got the bottle. You don't go to Stamford Bridge and win with no bottle. You don't go to Arsenal and get a draw after going one down. You don't come from behind to beat the reigning champions of Europe and England without bottle.

You don't go 2-0 down away at Manchester City and come back to win 3-2 without bottle.

This team has got bottle alright. I'm not saying we will win the league, maybe another team will just be better and win it. But it won't be because we shit out of anything. No way.

it's january only..

but i love to see how it pans out over the next 4 months..

rafa's no push-over and neither are our players

Wigan and Bolton are no push-overs despite the Mancs 8-match unbeaten run and not conceding a goal (well, this was mentioned every 15mins during the MU-Chel match) - tw@ts!!!

we usually have a strong 2nd half as the past 2 seasons had demonstrated ...

but then we were already out of the title contention, now we are top, still in the FAC and UCL plus the Mancs mind games...

different proposition altogether ...

like i said, i like to see how we react in the next 6 weeks

Sir Fudgie's mind games are starting now....

Rafa's responding to it... don't know whether that's good or bad...

With the draw against Stoke, the Mancs are upping the ante now...

It would be good to see whether the whole team got the bottle to hold it together now and now collapse like a set of dominos!!!!

To bottle something you have to be in an over-whelming poisition & then throw it away.

We haven't got the best squad of players & we have never even been close to being favourites on Betfair (indeed although our odds have lengthened we are in fact now clear 2nd fav for the 1st time) so it is not possible to bottle it as we have never been in an over-whelming position.

Given that you have appeared just after the Mancs have had an excellent week-end, starting a thread like that & refered to his knighthood (after 2 ECups in 20 years so what does that make Sir Bob? a Lord?), i think you might be on a wind-up.

To bottle something you have to be in an over-whelming poisition & then throw it away.

We haven't got the best squad of players & we have never even been close to being favourites on Betfair (indeed although our odds have lengthened we are in fact now clear 2nd fav for the 1st time) so it is not possible to bottle it as we have never been in an over-whelming position.

Given that you have appeared just after the Mancs have had an excellent week-end, starting a thread like that & refered to his knighthood (after 2 ECups in 20 years so what does that make Sir Bob? a Lord?), i think you might be on a wind-up.

Getting the excuses in early Catch?

IF we blow it and I personally think we already have then I have no doubt some people will allow the excuse of we were never favourites so it doesnt matter.

That showe matching us on 18 titles will be a disastrous one.

We've already bottled it. Everytime there's been a golden opportunity this season to pull ahead, i.e. we've got shite opponents when ManUre and Chelsea have already slipped up, we go and fuck it all up. We're a bunch of bottlers, the facts sadly speak for themselves.

you are sadly speaking the truth

The one overwhelming positive we've got going for us is that none of our gamebreakers have hit form and i think we've got to believe that they will.

Lets face it, only Gerrard, at times, and Alonso, consistently, have been at the races in that regard. If you think about it, its a great position to be in considering Torres has missed most of the season and Keane has been poor.

If we get those 4 firing on all cylinders we will do it.

The one overwhelming positive we've got going for us is that none of our gamebreakers have hit form and i think we've got to believe that they will.

Lets face it, only Gerrard, at times, and Alonso, consistently, have been at the races in that regard. If you think about it, its a great position to be in considering Torres has missed most of the season and Keane has been poor.

If we get those 4 firing on all cylinders we will do it.

Keane will have to actually play for that to happen

i m not a winding up streak here...

it is a fact that the draw with Stokes played into Sir Fudgie's hands and it's been a good 10 yrs (ok, 2003 we were top until Nov) since we were actually still in contention for the title in January...

thus, i love to see how Rafa and the team respond to Sir Fudgie's mind games tirade and how Rafa response to him and the team responds on the field..

it will be an interesting next 4 months...

i missed the 80s, hated the 90s, had a love-hate affairs in the new millennium but hey, maybe Rafa n Co got what it takes to get no. 19..

We won't bottle it! It may be case that our squad is not strong enough. We had 45 million sitting on the bench on Saturday the Mancs & Chelsea always have around 45 million sitting on the bench at anyone time so we are well up against it on that front, but bottle it? you don't get to 2 CL finals and an FA Cup final by bottling it! A heart as big as Liverpool fucking BELIEVE!!!!!

Keane will have to actually play for that to happen

True and he should now that Torres is back.

He has hit in and around the 20 mark for his last 3 seasons, I see no reason why he wouldn't start knocking in goals if he settled in and started played up front with Torres. It has to be worth a shot. All that said I think he'll be on the bench more often than not.

Getting the excuses in early Catch?

IF we blow it and I personally think we already have then I have no doubt some people will allow the excuse of we were never favourites so it doesnt matter.

That showe matching us on 18 titles will be a disastrous one.

I have always said we didn't have a realistic shout at the League due to our relative financial & hence squad constraints.

Realistically until we get ourselves a ground to match Arse & the Mancs or the PL introduces some form of salary cap we are not going to win the League.

As soon as the Chavs lost at Arse in Nov giving them just 1 point from the big 3 home games they were not going to win the League as they were not capable of going to OT,Anfield & Highbury & getting a result.

Which unfortunately just leaves the Mancs.

You can only bottle something if you are favourites & then throw it away.

Given that we have never been close to favourites, we can't be said to bottle it.

This guy is new & starts a post like that. He also refers to GinSoak's knighthood which is a particular source of wind-up to Lfc fans. I suspect he is on a wind-up; If not, i apologise but it is still impossible, by definition, for a player or team who has never been favourites to "bottle" anything.

If he can realise that then we will still have a chance.

This will never ever happen and is one of the reasons I always said we'd never win the title under Rafa, and even this season it could be our undoing. We should be 8 or 9 better off, and I don't care if United also drew with some shite teams, this should be ours to throw away at this stage. Its a weird weird season, we haven't even played for for most of it and we should have the league almost in the bag. For that reason I'd count nothing out yet. I seriously wouldn't rule out one of Wigan or Bolton slipping united.

Fucking hell. Such negativity. Think of Istanbul.

We are well in this. Things aren't as good as they could be, but God damn it we are still in this race. We will come second at worst. Just fucking watch. If's, but's, shoulda coulda woulda's don't mean shit now. But we're still top, the Mancs still have work to do. As do we. I've decided it's time for me to start believing, since a lot of others aren't.