You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top of the League

Thants

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK for starters that was very disappointing, no doubt same old story we fail to beat teams at home who are not as good as us. However by logic we should be losing to teams who are better than us (and most people think Man U and Chelsea are better than us). But football doesn’t work like that, it’s funny as we know.

I think at the start of the season all of us would have taken being top of the league in December.

It should also be noted that the last two season’s we’ve been the best team in the league after Christmas, picking up the most points.

So let’s go easy tonight, yes it was disappointing, but look at the big picture, we’re top of the league and in a great position.

[YOUTUBE]QEqykFnkhPI[/YOUTUBE]

In December.

Get. In.

Yes.

And we are definately going to stay there. We just play too good to miss top place now.

Brilliant performance from the whole team, and inspired changes from the manager. Only bad luck denied us.

AND: We have a massive 4 more points than we had after 15 games last year.

How can this go wrong?

Huurah!

Why am i pissed off????, if you had asked me in june i would have given a kidney to be in the position we are in. God damn expectations being raised has bitten me on the arse. I keep thinking the points we have dropped are crazy. Spurs, Stoke, Fulham, West Ham..........gutted!!!

It just shows how much Benitez has raised the expectations of the fans.

Now we're pissed off when we don't go three points off the top of the league.

This shows we're on the right lines, infact it's what used to happen in 199o when any dropped points was seen as a disappointment.

Sorry no consolation for me. If anything it was just the proof that we are not good enough to stay there for too long. It's just obvious that there are going to be more games like this. The thing is people should try to see beyond their nose, Man Utd has had the toughest first half of the season you could have dreamt of (us, arsenal, chelsea, spurs, villa, everton, city all away). I think this is just about a list of all the tough games in this league and they've had them all away, the second part of the season is an absolute gift for them. And, the funny thing is given they win their game in hand and we lose at the emirates which is by no means impossible, we may well find ourselves on exactly the same tally of points as them at the turnaround. There's a very fine line between belief and kidding yourself, just got to warn you it can be extremely painful when you're brought back to earth as I was today.

Sorry no consolation for me. If anything it was just the proof that we are not good enough to stay there for too long. It's just obvious that there are going to be more games like this. The thing is people should try to see beyond their nose, Man Utd has had the toughest first half of the season you could have dreamt of (us, arsenal, chelsea, spurs, villa, everton, city all away). I think this is just about a list of all the tough games in this league and they've had them all away, the second part of the season is an absolute gift for them. And, the funny thing is given they win their game in hand and we lose at the emirates which is by no means impossible, we may well find ourselves on exactly the same tally of points as them at the turnaround. There's a very fine line between belief and kidding yourself, just got to warn you it can be extremely painful when you're brought back to earth as I was today.

Man U will be shite the next three games without Ronaldo.

although we have not been great the past few games i have to say i am positive about our season,

torres has been unfit and out for many games and i think that with the january window and hopefully torres fit and onform i think we can push this year

we do have problems in a number of position but look were we are. we all would of prayed for this at beginning of season

No need for all the fucking knobheads booing especially as were now top.

Keane comes off again between 60-70 mins to be replaced by someone with so much less experience that it's unreal, then we draw 0-0, and all the fans are supposed to be happy?

Fuck that, I no longer think we'll win the title either, especially if Rafa carries on doing stuff like this. The only thing that's gonna save us and allow us to win it is Torres coming back after christmas and knocking in at least 15 before may + linking up with Keane, who is by that point at least playing full games.

20mil for a 60-70 minute striker, what the fuck?

Keane comes off again between 60-70 mins to be replaced by someone with so much less experience that it's unreal, then we draw 0-0, and all the fans are supposed to be happy?

Fuck that, I no longer think we'll win the title either, especially if Rafa carries on doing stuff like this. The only thing that's gonna save us and allow us to win it is Torres coming back after christmas and knocking in at least 15 before may + linking up with Keane, who is by that point at least playing full games.

20mil for a 60-70 minute striker, what the fuck?

Another good post. The boy Keane is unhappy because of the expectations put upon him because of the price we bought him for. He was never no more than a £12 million striker. We will be lucky to get £9 million for him when we sell him, and believe me, he will be sold.

It just shows how much Benitez has raised the expectations of the fans.

Now we're pissed off when we don't go three points off the top of the league.

This shows we're on the right lines, infact it's what used to happen in 199o when any dropped points was seen as a disappointment.

I think people are pissed off by the team not scoring in 180 minutes of football against weak teams at home.

Raised expectations? Are you seriously saying that three points at home against West Ham was too much to expect?

Are the fans not allowed to be disappointed when we throw away a golden opportunity to gain a vital lead over Man United?

The Mancs are the big winners this weekend. They'll be fucking delighted with what's gone on. There's no chance in hell they'll drop 6 easy points as we have at home this season. I think they only dropped 5 in 19 games at home last year and won 17.

If we can go on a winning run, I'll feel more optimistic and be more confident but I'm just so frustrated now.