You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1001 albums you must hear before you die.

hamstrung

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first thing that i looked out for.

i missed the stepping razor in the list but they had three reggae albums i saw included.

surprise surprise they had "catch a fire" and "natty dread" from bob but don't include "soul rebels" or "african herbsman". they did have burning spear's "marcus garvey" aswell so i suppose there was no great reggae made in the 70's apart from bobs island material and a burning spear album.

also seems to be a dearth of hip hop from the 80s' date=' run dmc and public enemy aside.

still i suppose they compile these lists to get folk talking.[/quote']

There's a Peter Tosh one too I think.

Also has De La Soul on the hip hop side and some others.

No Sigur Ros

No Interpol

No Bloc Party

No DJ Shadow

No Nitin Sahwney

No 2 Many DJs

...and two albums from Ryan Adams.

If that list is looking for a fight then it's going the right way about it.

Endtroducing is there Stu.

I know you are but what am I?

An idiot.

And it's Bryan Adams you moron, not Ryan. And I've never heard of any of the crap you mentioned, except bloc party, who actually suck even more than you do, which takes some doing to be fair.

What number are the Proclaimers on that list?

An idiot.

And it's Bryan Adams you moron, not Ryan. And I've never heard of any of the crap you mentioned, except bloc party, who actually suck even more than you do, which takes some doing to be fair.

What number are the Proclaimers on that list?

Which particular Proclaimers album?