You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Photographers make your interest known

Nick Leeson

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been taking images for a couple of years now, got a bit sick so tried something a little different using PS. A series of potential book covers asked for by a colleague in London

Untitled-692copy.jpg

1194117_44200364numb3.jpg

1194117_44200364n2.jpg

Doodling around on Photoshop.

Untitled-new.jpg

Old photos of my girls they wanted updating.

brick_wallruby.jpg

Nice work Edward.

Cheers for the recommendation Captain, think that's the one I'll go with in a couple of months.

Whilst I'm here, any suggestions on a fish-eye lens? I fancy one but don't have the £500+ to spend on the Nikkor 10.5mm one currently. Someone told me you can get adapters for lenses you already own; is this true, are they any good?

Nice work Edward.

Cheers for the recommendation Captain, think that's the one I'll go with in a couple of months.

Whilst I'm here, any suggestions on a fish-eye lens? I fancy one but don't have the £500+ to spend on the Nikkor 10.5mm one currently. Someone told me you can get adapters for lenses you already own; is this true, are they any good?

I like the sound of this one from what I've read.

Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM Nikon fit lens: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Anyone have one and care to share some photos?

Well I ahve been inspired by the pictures here and I have been out and taken some night time shots as I have always wanted to.

I don't know how this is going to show up on here but here one of them.

nightsky1.jpg

Any constructive comments welcome as this is my first attempt at night shooting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can't believe the prices of some of those lenses, £350! Never had any idea it was that insane with high end cameras at all...

The Casio Exilim has just been replaced with a Nikon L110 though, so I'm slowly creeping towards having a decent camera. This thing is a beast compared to the casio, and the first one I've had with a lens this size. Looks decent aswell but not got out with it yet, will post some pics later if I get any good enough.

I do prefer the idea of mixing my pics with photoshop effects aswell and that's what I'm looking at doing eventually, so if any of that works out too will post back.

I've just taken the plunge into the world of DSLR and bought a Sony A230 with 18-55 lens.

My local camera shop in St Helens is knocking it out at £298 with a 3 year guarantee, a free case and mini desk tripod.

Thought it was a decent deal.

Only bought it because it gets good reviews, is one of the cheapest entry level DSLRs and there's loads of Minolta lenses on eBay that will fit it. It takes SD cards and I got a 4GB SDHC card from Morrisons for £5!

Anyone else got an A230?

I've just taken the plunge into the world of DSLR and bought a Sony A230 with 18-55 lens.

My local camera shop in St Helens is knocking it out at £298 with a 3 year guarantee, a free case and mini desk tripod.

Thought it was a decent deal.

Only bought it because it gets good reviews, is one of the cheapest entry level DSLRs and there's loads of Minolta lenses on eBay that will fit it. It takes SD cards and I got a 4GB SDHC card from Morrisons for £5!

Anyone else got an A230?

Considering the Nikon I just got was 195 quid, (which I've nicknamed 'the beast' not long ago.) that's an amazing deal. Mine isn't even a DSLR either.

The pics on this Nikon look decent so far aswell. Nothing amazing, but a lot sharper and clearer than the exilim, which is probably obvious anyway. Will take it out tonight and try to get a few decent shots.

Considering the Nikon I just got was 195 quid, (which I've nicknamed 'the beast' not long ago.) that's an amazing deal. Mine isn't even a DSLR either.

The pics on this Nikon look decent so far aswell. Nothing amazing, but a lot sharper and clearer than the exilim, which is probably obvious anyway. Will take it out tonight and try to get a few decent shots.

Looks like it's just come down £5 as well. It's now £293.99.

The shop, if anyone is interested, is called Kamera in St Helens. It's been there since I was a kid, which is a long time ago.

I can't post links yet but just Google best cameras st helens and it will come up.

Delivery on cameras and video cameras is free to the UK.

First photoshop attempt with the nikon. Would've spent more time on it but my photoshop skills aren't anywhere near as good as I'd like them to be and I don't want to ruin it.

building5.jpg

Looks like it's just come down £5 as well. It's now £293.99.

The shop, if anyone is interested, is called Kamera in St Helens. It's been there since I was a kid, which is a long time ago.

I can't post links yet but just Google best cameras st helens and it will come up.

Delivery on cameras and video cameras is free to the UK.

Thanks, will keep that in mind if I upgrade to a DSLR in the future.

• 1 month later...

I was going to get the SB-400 flash but was recommended this instead. Anyone got one? I've never used a flash before, are they actually worth getting and are they easy to use?

I really fancy the Sigma lens I posted earlier in this thread but keep playing with the idea of sacking the flash and lens off and putting the £500 towards a D90 instead.

• 1 month later...

I've been drooling for the AF-S NIKKOR 18-200mm for quite a while, and today I finally got one. I managed to trade another lens I had for it, so it cost me nothing.

Just came back from shooting a bit outside and I love it. Fantastic zoom range, I think this will be my favourite lens for quite some time now and will be the default I bring when taking the camera with me.

• 2 weeks later...