You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

One Time Liverpool Target Signs for Real Madrid

bobhorse

I think the point was if he could have been got for 10m euros then the cash available at the time must have been grim If

A) we really wanted him

And

B) it shows just what having this amount of debt on the club means

when you think that all the debt has been accrued just so these two soft cunts can call themselves owners

I think the point was if he could have been got for 10m euros then the cash available at the time must have been grim If

A) we really wanted him

And

when you think that all the debt has been accrued just so these two soft cunts can call themselves owners

well we got Skrtel for about the same amount, maybe he just didn't want to come here or we didn't want him or he wanted to stay in Spain and move to the biggest club Real.

A) we really wanted him

And

As rex says, the figure isn't massively different to what we paid for Skrtel.

The other factor is when we were looking to buy Santander were flying in La Liga (they finished 6th which is amazing for them) so it would have been even harder to sign one of their best players half way through the season.

We still need another CB in my opinion.

Hyypia can't do a full season and Carra isn't as young as spring time either!

This Gooner I know seems to think Carra is doing more shirt tugging and is losing his pace.

Thoughts?

Agger will be like a new signing.

I think carra was out of form in the first half of the season but got his act together in the second half. Far too early to be writing his obituary - but he will have his work cut out to remain first choice next year,

Agger will be like a new signing.

I think carra was out of form in the first half of the season but got his act together in the second half. Far too early to be writing his obituary - but he will have his work cut out to remain first choice next year,

What chance is there of Rafa continuing to play Carra on the right and Skrtl and Agger in the middle?

A good chance - particularly in tough games.

So what does that tell you?

He (Rafa) doesn't trust Carra because for all his good tackling and heart, he lacks pace.

Or you Carra backers could say its because Rafa doesn't trust the right back if the oppositions left winger is quick, skillful or both.

Time will tell.

BTW

I'm not a Carra hater (do they even exist?)

This Gooner I know seems to think Carra is doing more shirt tugging and is losing his pace.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Your seriously wrong! We have 2 class, young centre backs, 1 with a few years left yet and another with another season in him.

If Skrtel and Agger are first choice, our back up is Carragher and Hyypia.

If Ferdinand and Vidic are first choice, Brown and Silvestre are back up.

I know which id prefer.

Thoughts?

Tell your gooner mate to stick to his shitty team and not pass comment on ours.

JC never had any pace in the 1st place so how one suddenly loses it ill never know.

So what does that tell you?

He (Rafa) doesn't trust Carra because for all his good tackling and heart, he lacks pace.

Or you Carra backers could say its because Rafa doesn't trust the right back if the oppositions left winger is quick, skillful or both.

Time will tell.

BTW

I'm not a Carra hater (do they even exist?)

It tells me that we've got three defenders (assuming skrtel plays to the form he's showed so far and four if you want to count Sami) who are far and away better defenders than anyone else at the club so sometimes it might make sense to play all three of them.

Read earlier that Madrid are looking to loan him back to Racing for next season. I thought that was a no no, anyone know about this? Surely lots of clubs would be doing it?

Goal.com - Real Madrid - Schuster: Garay One For The Future

Caught that rivista la liga or whatever its called on Sky this morning and that Gullerme said the same thing garay is being loaned back.

Is it me or are a lot of quality players moving this summer?