You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glen Johnson....

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest simon
Number fucking 3? When Dossena leaves he can have number 2. Is it too much to ask for players to wear old fashioned numbers, wear black boots and have sensible hair cuts?

Bossena wont go.

Number fucking 3? When Dossena leaves he can have number 2. Is it too much to ask for players to wear old fashioned numbers, wear black boots and have sensible hair cuts?

Yeah, with the team numbered 1 to 11 on the field and no bleedin' names on the back of their shirts!

I'd rep you but Im all out for today!

Its all up to Johnson now.

Chelsea or Liverpool.

You know the right call is us Glen. You will be in our first team, we have class traditions and are evolving every year. Winning the title with us would be immense next year and will make you a legend.

You have been there and done that at Chelsea and they rejected you. Dont reaoeat the same mistake.

Guest simon

We have him we must why would the shirt of been released i mean its been done before why would we let it happen. It was a message to reassure us because they new this would happen i bet.

johnson-shirt1.jpg

I wonder if this deal should of been completed days ago before the Chelsea bid. If we lose him to Chelsea who do we blame for delaying the deal?

Noone.

He has at least 2 & possibly 3 serious suitors

He should wait to see what they all offer him & then play them against eachother to some extent.

If you have 3 different people interested in giving you a job or buying your house you don't just take the 1st offer do you?

If he had just jumped at ours it would indicate that he thought it was stupidly out of the market (ie/ Risdale to Seth Johnson) so we should be glad he hasn't.

if he doesn't come he doesn't come it's hardly like we are missing out on the best in the world, a good player yes but we already have someone who can do us a job there. Personally I think he will come, but I'm not gonna turn into some pessimist who believes the season is over just because we miss out on a right back.

Chelsea are one unstable fuckin club.

New manager every ten minutes.

Players stabbin each other in the back.

Only one choice for me.........not that i'm that arsed as i think bob could be persueded to stay and is improving each game(spanish first team also)

if he doesn't come he doesn't come it's hardly like we are missing out on the best in the world, a good player yes but we already have someone who can do us a job there. Personally I think he will come, but I'm not gonna turn into some pessimist who believes the season is over just because we miss out on a right back.

Thats not the reason why I reacted to the Chelsea news though. I reacted because I want us to sign someone with a reputation so that we can show the world we mean business.

I know noone of the big 4 have signed anyone but with City going after the same targets, we are in disadvantage because of our financial status.

Signing someone like Johnson for a fee like that means that we can pay a little over the odds for potentially excellent Enlgish player. It sends a message to everyone else.

If it turns out like the Barry transfer then it would like we cant do proper business which makes us unattractive for future transfers.

Chelsea have matched Liverpool's bid for England star Glen Johnson.

Portsmouth accepted a £17.5million bid from Liverpool earlier this week and the 24-year-old looked set to seal a move to Anfield.

However, Pompey chief Peter Storrie has confirmed the club have also now agreed terms with Chelsea - Johnson's former club.

The in-demand full-back now has a decision to make, with both sides keen to tie up a deal this week.

"The matter will come to a conclusion at the beginning of next week. I do not have a preference over the move, it is up to Glen," Storrie said.

"The deals are almost identical so it really is down to him and what club he prefers, which one is going to pay him more money.

"Glen wants to play regularly in the Champions League, he has got himself back in the England side so I understand that. Sometimes you have to be fair to players."

Storrie admits that Johnson needs to be playing Champions League football next season in order to secure his place in Fabio Capello's starting XI - with the World Cup finals now less than 12 months away.

"It's a big year for him with the World Cup coming up," he continued.

"Playing Champions League football will make him an even better player than he is today."

I wonder if this deal should of been completed days ago before the Chelsea bid. If we lose him to Chelsea who do we blame for delaying the deal?

From what I have read he went on holiday after the last England game and has been away since , but has told his agent he wants to come to us . I therefore assume he will ( hopefully ) agree terms & take the medical upon his return ( rumoured to be at the weekend ).

BBC Website is reporting the fact that 2 clubs have permission to speak to him as if this is a recent development , but Pompey agreed fees with both us & Chelsea early this week & so technically this is correct but a spin on the facts , ignoring that Johnson has subsequently edged to signing for us ( It is also copied from 'The scum' so I think that sums up the reliability of the info )

If he decides to go to Chelsea , then as somebody said earlier , good riddance.

Opinion, just like Silverlining.

What makes you think that we have any chance of signing Villa? Silva I would understand but Villa is going to take up most of our funds. Should Johnson come that means we are going to have sell most of fringe players to have any sort of chance of competing for villa with the prices that have been quoted.

There is an argument that despite the fee, if Villa has made it clear that he wants to come to us then I can see Valencia granting him his wish, but even so I cant see them demanding any less than 30 million.

Whichever way you spin it, it always comes back to the money.

Unfortunatley we seem not have enough for villa (opinion).