You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Warnock Mk II?

RedinSweden

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to put something in there about Warnock resting players at Old Trafford because he said they'd get beat anyway, so may as well keep his star players fresh or something. Then I had the thought that maybe I'd dreamt that and it didn't really happen.

Anyone shed any light on that, as I'm pretty sure something like that happened, but not sure enough to risk putting in the blog article in case I end up looking stupid!

Here you go mate:

Manchester United 2-0 Sheffield United - 2006/2007 Season best goals and videos Manchester United 2-0 Sheffield United Tuesday 17th April 2007

GRAHAM POLL'S OFFICIAL LINE: Why divers deserve to be hit with the 'cheat' tag | the Daily Mail

Couldn't be bothered starting a new thread. Graeme Poll running his stupid mouth.

Gerrard does and has dived but that one against Friedel wasn't a dive, he invited the contact and was caught. Poll is a self-promoting, soundbitetastic fuckwit, I just wish the Joey Boswell cunt would fuck off and spend some time learning red from yellow.

2. Megson should not expect any favours

I see Bolton's manager, Gary Megson, has been asking Rafael Benitez to "retain the integrity of the league" and not play weakened teams against Fulham this weekend and Birmingham next.

My advice to my old adversary is: "Don't hold your breath." Integrity, doing what is right for the game, comes way down Rafa's list of priorities. After all, as last season, he has the Champions League as his only priority now. That is good news for Fulham, just as it was last year when he fielded the reserves and Fulham won and stayed up, a point ahead of my Sheffield United team. Maybe Rafa gets a yearly hamper from Harrods for his team selections.

I can honestly say I'd love for Liverpool to win nothing while Rafael Benitez is manager, after what he did last year. I don't give two hoots what newspaper reporters say about my bitterness. I'll be cheering for Chelsea in the European Cup semi-final.

I'd like to add that my problem is with Rafa – I think Liverpool is a fabulous club. I've had so many letters from Liverpool supporters saying how disappointed they were that he let my team down.

Still, I don't suppose I'll be calling Anfield for a loan player in the foreseeable future.

Neil Warnock: What I've Learnt This Week - News & Comment, Football - The Independent

Does he ever get tired of being bitter? And I wonder which Liverpool fans wrote to him to massage his ego?

I look forward to the entry: "Neil Warnock, what I've learned this week. I'm a shite manager and a complete tit."

2. Megson should not expect any favours

I see Bolton's manager, Gary Megson, has been asking Rafael Benitez to "retain the integrity of the league" and not play weakened teams against Fulham this weekend and Birmingham next.

My advice to my old adversary is: "Don't hold your breath." Integrity, doing what is right for the game, comes way down Rafa's list of priorities. After all, as last season, he has the Champions League as his only priority now. That is good news for Fulham, just as it was last year when he fielded the reserves and Fulham won and stayed up, a point ahead of my Sheffield United team. Maybe Rafa gets a yearly hamper from Harrods for his team selections.

I can honestly say I'd love for Liverpool to win nothing while Rafael Benitez is manager, after what he did last year. I don't give two hoots what newspaper reporters say about my bitterness. I'll be cheering for Chelsea in the European Cup semi-final.

I'd like to add that my problem is with Rafa – I think Liverpool is a fabulous club. I've had so many letters from Liverpool supporters saying how disappointed they were that he let my team down.

Still, I don't suppose I'll be calling Anfield for a loan player in the foreseeable future.

Neil Warnock: What I've Learnt This Week - News & Comment, Football - The Independent

Does he ever get tired of being bitter? And I wonder which Liverpool fans wrote to him to massage his ego?

I look forward to the entry: "Neil Warnock, what I've learned this week. I'm a shite manager and a complete tit."

Far be it from me to call you a liar, Neil. But you're a fucking liar.

According to Liverpool.no Benitez said:

Benitez was confrontated with Neil Warnocks comments after the match, yesterday.

"Someone told me about these comments. We knew that Warnock was a bad manager from before, but we didn't know that he was a that bad person. I will talk to my lawyers about this, but we don't need to waste time on him"

GO RAFA!

Ha ha

When asked about Warnock's rant after the game, Benitez said:

"Somebody told me about these comments. We knew he was bad as a manager, prehistoric, but we didn't know he was a person like this.

"I will talk with my lawyers but we don't need to waste time with him."

The Spaniard continued: "Every manager has a responsibility for his team selections in every game and I also have a responsibility to use my squad.

"I picked a team I believed could win the match, We now need after this win just one more point to ensure fourth place in the league, even if Everton win all their remaining games."

Speaking of which...

Jeff Winter || Boro, Darlington, Hartlepool news, reviews and comment

Check out the letters from April 3rd.

Have to say, this response made me howl.

Hi Jeff

Firstly, are you still fat?

Secondly, are you embarrassed by your silly claim that the jop were clapping louder because it was your last game?

I'm not one of the 321 people who've actually read your book, it's just that that comment is probably the most laughed at comment in the history of comments.

Regards

Byram.

Jeff's reply

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to contact me.

Thanks for your concern about my weight, I must admit that since I retired from active refereeing I have put a bit of weight on - it's all the good living.

I presume that by "jop" you mean "Kop". It's an easy mistake to make when you are too busy trying to be a clever twat. My claim was an attempt at humour, obviously it has passed you by. It is a piss-take, obviously I knew that the Kop could not give a damn about me.

Sorry you have not read the book. By the way, you missed the 25,000 off the 321 you quoted.

Anyway, back to school next week for you. I will publish your letter on my site just so your mates can see what a silly boy you are.

Best wishes

Jeff

Top response from Winter.