You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

My new job...

Kopite

...because it's very senior (reporting directly into the Board) I've had to buy a new wardrobe.

Now the most I'd paid for a workshirt was about £20 from Marks and Spencer, however I normally get cotton shirts from Asda (George) which cost less than a tenner. I've now been to T M Lewin (T.M.Lewin Shirtmakers) and paid over £100 for 4 (yes FOUR) workshirts!

I've also been seduced by the world of cufflinks too.

I normally dress very smartly, but I really want/need to create the right the impression from day one.

Good work! I've done theings the other way around to you, I started my working life looking quite dapper, Next shirts for 25 notes a pop etc and always with the shoes shined, now though I look like a washed out American detective, shirt open and stubble!

It's funny as fuck actually, when our company got a new CEO, she apparently stated that she liked the 'open neck' look on men, so everyone in the company ditched their ties straight away. Sometimes I wear one even though I don't like them, just to be a cunt.

...because it's very senior (reporting directly into the Board) I've had to buy a new wardrobe.

Now the most I'd paid for a workshirt was about £20 from Marks and Spencer, however I normally get cotton shirts from Asda (George) which cost less than a tenner. I've now been to T M Lewin (T.M.Lewin Shirtmakers) and paid over £100 for 4 (yes FOUR) workshirts!

I normally dress very smartly, but I really want/need to create the right the impression from day one.

Cracking shop, Lewins. Real nice quality gear.

Good luck with the new job. Start mine a week tomorrow too.

Good work Col. Now you're The Man, you need the decent threads.

I hate being suited and booted, but I have to do deal with old fashioned companies now and then and you need to look the part.

There's a decent tailor (old skool!) near me, I went there to get some shirts recently and was looking at paying 200 sheets for 2 shirts! Got a discount in the end and managed to get 3 for 150 quid, but thats the most I've ever paid for shirts. Never used to like cufflinks either, but the wife got me a decent pair and I quite like them.

Good work! I've done theings the other way around to you, I started my working life looking quite dapper, Next shirts for 25 notes a pop etc and always with the shoes shined, now though I look like a washed out American detective, shirt open and stubble!

It's funny as fuck actually, when our company got a new CEO, she apparently stated that she liked the 'open neck' look on men, so everyone in the company ditched their ties straight away. Sometimes I wear one even though I don't like them, just to be a cunt.

Have you boned her yet? Sounds like she's gagging for it.

Cracking shop, Lewins. Real nice quality gear.

Good luck with the new job. Start mine a week tomorrow too.

One of the lads in our office told me about that site as he always looks really smart.

I was going to get my suits from Next (£200 a go) but he said go to Cheshire Oaks as there are loads of shops selling really nice £400/500 suits for about the £100 mark.

Nice one about the new job. I can't wait to start mine but I am on 3-months notice, however my current manager has indicated he might let me go 2/3 weeks early.

I usually pay atleast £30 for a work shirt and atleast £50 for the trousers but I wear designer clothes even if I am just dossing around the house. Having said that I bought some shirts from M&S yesterday 3 for £15 I couldnt believe how cheap that was; I haven't tried them on yet so I am not sure of the quality.

One of the lads in our office told me about that site as he always looks really smart.

I was going to get my suits from Next (£200 a go) but he said go to Cheshire Oaks as there are loads of shops selling really nice £400/500 suits for about the £100 mark.

Nice one about the new job. I can't wait to start mine but I am on 3-months notice, however my current manager has indicated he might let me go 2/3 weeks early.

get yourself to hugo boss and splash out.

If you're going open collar with a suit, you need double top buttons, so the shirt sits right, and the collar doesn't submarine. Have a look at Tyrwhitts, Hawes and Curtis or Bodens for affordable stuff.

I've got some decent girlie shirts from Tyrwhitts and a couple of suits. Good quality stuff. Also bought from Thomas Pink. Cufflinks are ace. Just started wearing 'em in a sorta City Lesbian Chic style.

Please don't do open neck if you've got body hair visible.

Enjoy the job.

I've got some decent girlie shirts from Tyrwhitts and a couple of suits. Good quality stuff. Also bought from Thomas Pink. Cufflinks are ace. Just started wearing 'em in a sorta City Lesbian Chic style.

Please don't do open neck if you've got body hair visible.

Enjoy the job.

Lunacy Cath! Having chest hair is the only reason to do open neck, I make the ladies go weak at the knees when I work My Burt Reynolds shit.

znaniBurt%20Reynolds.jpg

I love cufflinks me.

Double cuff shirts are so much more comfortable that normal shirts.

I am a techy.

Its part of the unwritten geek rules that you must be scruffy at work.

Me too. Only ever time I've worn a tie at work, my bosses boss took a air of scssors and cut the tie, saying how I should never ever try and dress smarter than him.