You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Voronin has the ability to move? He's overweight. Crouch can't run a counter attack? We never counter attack with or without him.

The day Voronin manages to beat a player with movement is the day free 27year old signings from the German league become the norm, not the exception.

Overweight... and our second paciest striker. We counter attack plenty... you know that thing, when they take the ball off a club who is trying to attack us, and pass the ball up and we attack them? Right. We did it today even.

And the last bit just shows the close mindedness... You say it like its a BAD thing we got him for free. Other clubs were interested and Leverkusen wanted to resign him... but I forget: "He was on a free which means he's utter dog shit."

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overweight... and our second paciest striker. We counter attack plenty... you know that thing, when they take the ball off a club who is trying to attack us, and pass the ball up and we attack them? Right. We did it today even.

And the last bit just shows the close mindedness... You say it like its a BAD thing we got him for free. Other clubs were interested and Leverkusen wanted to resign him... but I forget: "He was on a free which means he's utter dog shit."

Your irrational hatred of Crouch renders any opinion you have completely irrelevant. You're an idiot.

Don't patronise me.

The problems we've had this season haven't all been about the attack. We've had difficulty breaking a few teams down but the defence has let us down on more than one occasion, some uncharacteristically bad goals are being conceded like the Aston Villa game and today.

No "end of" here.

Ha Ha. I appreciate Kuyt working qualities but do you genunely think he doesnt need improving on if

a. he plays up front

or b. he playes wide right of 3 like he did yesterday.

I think some people think saying a player is not good enough on a forum is being unsupportive of the club. I still love the club just dont think hes anywhere nr good enough for a side with tital aspirations.

As for Voranin I think his goal rate for a striker highlights his use. sell him in the summer surely.

People over analyse things.

Agreed Grady, Kuyt has had long enough to prove his worth and Voronin is just appalling. Both need to be sold and ONE link player of quality should be bought in to challenge Crouch, Torres and Babel up front.

18 months. 12 of which were very solid. Anyone who thinks that Dirk Kuyt can't win a champions medal when Phil Neville and Ray Parlour have them is misguided or clueless.

personally i dont see why he should be kept next season, if you play him on the right or left we should buy a proper winger instead, infact, we're going to have to with Kewell off. if you play him up front behind Torres someone with more skill would be better, ultimately there are better players in the market

kuyt's lack of form is as much rafa's fault is his own. kuyt is an out and out striker, has played as an out and out striker for the majority of his career and is now being asked to play the role of a midfielder (never mind second striker).

I don't rate kuyt's technical ability or his ability to pick out a pass but when played up front through the middle he scored 12 league goals.

for rafa read gh, if you want a winger or a midfielder buy a midfielder don't shoehorn a player into that position and then look surprised when that player loses all confidence.

kuyt's lack of form is as much rafa's fault is his own. kuyt is an out and out striker, has played as an out and out striker for the majority of his career and is now being asked to play the role of a midfielder (never mind second striker).

I don't rate kuyt's technical ability or his ability to pick out a pass but when played up front through the middle he scored 12 league goals.

for rafa read gh, if you want a winger or a midfielder buy a midfielder don't shoehorn a player into that position and then look surprised when that player loses all confidence.

I agree with that assessment but oddly enough it seemed to work against inter milan THE form team in europe, credit to Dirk though he just gets on with it and gives 100%, you can't ask for much more which is why a lot of people love him, but really I think we could do better for this role.

I think Dirk can win a Championship medal but he has to be the change that makes that happen, Parlour etc could live of superstars, but we don't enough of those up front to be able to carry him too.

Can someone please put this through Babelfish. Ta.