You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Possibly the best £119.00 I've ever spent

Vincent Vega

Guest PaddyBerger15
I got them from the Bose shop at Cheshire Oaks mate.

Nice job kidda. How much are they normally? I assume they were cheaper there. I want to get my Dad a nice pair, it gets harder and harder each year to find him something for Xmas but he really likes my Senns and said he wouldn't mind a nice set of cans. If they are significantly cheaper at the Oaks, I might get them now or when I've got the dough and pug them away for Xmas.

Nice job kidda. How much are they normally? I assume they were cheaper there. I want to get my Dad a nice pair, it gets harder and harder each year to find him something for Xmas but he really likes my Senns and said he wouldn't mind a nice set of cans. If they are significantly cheaper at the Oaks, I might get them now or when I've got the dough and pug them away for Xmas.

I saw them on Amazon for £116.00, but I walked in the Bose shop last Thursday, had a listen with them to AC/DC's Back In Black and then Knights Of Cydoria by Muse with the iPod they had in store and parted with the cash (well put them on my credit card, I'll pay for them at the end of the month when I get paid). They really are boss and dead comfy compared with the standard earphones you get with your iPod.

Guest PaddyBerger15
I saw them on Amazon for £116.00, but I walked in the Bose shop last Thursday, had a listen with them to AC/DC's Back In Black and then Knights Of Cydoria by Muse with the iPod they had in store and parted with the cash (well put them on my credit card, I'll pay for them at the end of the month when I get paid). They really are boss and dead comfy compared with the standard earphones you get with your iPod.

Yeah, they seem ace and Bose have a reputation for quality gear. I toyed with the idea of getting a pair for Xmas for myself, but all the ones I saw were seriously expensive, I didn't see the ones you got. I can afford 116 nicker or 119, I might snag those, my old man will be made up with them. I got him an ipod last weekend for when he went into hospital and when the folks go on holiday, and that will sort his Xmas present out and he can use them at home or on his travels. Nice work pal.

Yeah, they seem ace and Bose have a reputation for quality gear. I toyed with the idea of getting a pair for Xmas for myself, but all the ones I saw were seriously expensive, I didn't see the ones you got. I can afford 116 nicker or 119, I might snag those, my old man will be made up with them. I got him an ipod last weekend for when he went into hospital and when the folks go on holiday, and that will sort his Xmas present out and he can use them at home or on his travels. Nice work pal.

You can hear sounds and instruments that you don't hear with standard earphones, they really are quality. Your dad will love them if he's a serious music fan.

Guest PaddyBerger15
The BOSE shop at Cheshire Oaks is not a clearance outlet. I've bought a fair bit from there myself and the quality is fantastic. The Home entertainment systems are second to none.

Ah right, I assumed it would be a cheaper place to get stuff...so its basically a normal retail outlet for their gear, at normal online prices then?

Back in Black is an ace album to test a pair of head phones, right from the first gong in Hell's Bells. My personal preference are those first few chugs on Welcome to the Jungle.

Aye, the shop knew exactly what to play to me to get me to part with my money, I love AC/DC and especially Back In Black.

Guest PaddyBerger15
You can hear sounds and instruments that you don't hear with standard earphones, they really are quality. Your dad will love them if he's a serious music fan.

He likes his music and enjoyed listening through mine over Xmas so he will be delighted with those. I've just had a shufty on Amazon and the cheapest I can see them for is £179.

He likes his music and enjoyed listening through mine over Xmas so he will be delighted with those. I've just had a shufty on Amazon and the cheapest I can see them for is £179.

They must have put them up. I've just been on Price Runner and seen them at £114.00:

Bose® On-Ear Headphones - Bose - TV and Video Direct >

Guest PaddyBerger15
They must have put them up. I've just been on Price Runner and seen them at £114.00:

Bose® On-Ear Headphones - Bose - TV and Video Direct >

Mr.VV, you are a star. I'll have a quick look around on eBay and see what there is on offer there, but will order those from from the site you linked. I wish I had stuck up for you when the rest of the forum called you a cunting arsebasket now. Cheers mate.

Mr.VV, you are a star. I'll have a quick look around on eBay and see what there is on offer there, but will order those from from the site you linked. I wish I had stuck up for you when the rest of the forum called you a cunting arsebasket now. Cheers mate.

I am a cunting arsebasket though, so it's like water off a duck's back when I'm called for it.

Guest PaddyBerger15
I am a cunting arsebasket though, so it's like water off a duck's back when I'm called for it.

I'm going to order them through an official site rather than trying to chase a 'bargain' on eBay, as if anything goes wrong, there won't be any guarantee or warranty with them, at least by ordering from a proper online shop you get 2 years peace of mind.

I use my Ipod when in Gym or running.I have those earphones that come with Ipod but because I have fucked up ears they do not stay in and even when they are in they are just about in.I need something else that is great on quality but not clumpy.So in your opinion would these be good for the gym or would I look like a cuntifuckertwat even more than I do already ?

I use my Ipod when in Gym or running.I have those earphones that come with Ipod but because I have fucked up ears they do not stay in and even when they are in they are just about in.I need something else that is great on quality but not clumpy.So in your opinion would these be good for the gym or would I look like a cuntifuckertwat even more than I do already ?

to be honest, quality of sound is not normally the most important thing when you're in the gym.

Best thing for the gym are probably these - Sennheiser PMX 70

senn_pmx70.jpg

Very decent sound (probably not in the same league as the Bose ones though) and very gym friendly

to be honest, quality of sound is not normally the most important thing when you're in the gym.

Best thing for the gym are probably these - Sennheiser PMX 70

senn_pmx70.jpg

Very decent sound (probably not in the same league as the Bose ones though) and very gym friendly

Thanks

They are green .This means I am now going to have to buy some green lycra.Oh well.

Do they need their own power source and do they plug into a normal ipod?

And when I am scrolling through the forum and your avatar flashes by I keep thinking it's Peter Sutcliffe. It's disturbing.

As someone who has never set foot in a gym, I really can't help you with that question, but I cannot over-emphasise how good these headphones are, they really enhance your listening to music.

Do they need their own power source and do they plug into a normal ipod?

And when I am scrolling through the forum and your avatar flashes by I keep thinking it's Peter Sutcliffe. It's disturbing.

No power source needed mate and they do indeed fit into a normal iPod and also into the headphone socket on your computer/laptop.

My avatar is Chris and Carl Palmer (Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer) from the superb Catterick that was on BBC3 a while back. As sick as I can be at times, I wouldn't have a serial killer as my avatar.