You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Times up

Anny Road

Read the actual quote you muppet-

He just says its bad to lose in such a way- when you are trying to win the game.

Its the journalist thats saying he "questioned their decision to gamble forward to attack".

you fucking idiot.

Well said. Why anyone takes anything from any after match interview amazes me. When they take in the reporters spin as well suggests to me they are indeed a "fucking idiot".:yes:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa has to say for good or for bad it is only by keeping the foundations strong that the team will grow in to one that will win the title

Take all the knee jerk out of it and it is a loss away from home to a last min Pen when we where the better side

The players brought to the Club below first team level have made it stronger the man has my backing till the End of his contract and if i had my way i would give him a 5 year deal tomorrow

The Press smell Blood and they will be after him in a big way over the next few weeks and you fuckers are giving them the Amo to fire the club has had to put its tin hat on to many times this season

Just back the Manager Back the Team you fuckers will be the first standing outside the Georges Hall giving it the Ra ra ra rafa Benitez come May if we go on to win the CL

Its a two way thing this respect buisness

It is time we all remembered The Liverpool Way and what that means and ensure that others who might have forgotton what that is or new people like the Owners Looked on and saw that

WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM

HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH

AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK

AT THE END OF THE STORM

THERS A GOLDEN SKY

AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF A LARK

WALK ON THROUGH THE WIND

WALK ON THROUGH THE RAIN

THOUGH YOUR DREAMS BE TOSSED AND BLOWN

WALK ON WALK ON

WITH HOPE IN YOUR HEART

AND YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

Read them and weep you fuckers remember who we are

LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB

We do things diffrent here

I would hate to be in the trenchers with some of you fuckers our backs our against the wall the very fabric of our club is in danger of being destroyed the enemy isn't the gates they have fucking walked right in

If you have fight in yer then fight for the club back the Manager back the Players by fuck they need some backing now time to stand together as one as LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB

YNWA

I want no part of any which hunt its my Team My Manager My Club Through Wind And Rain

RANT OVER

YES

Fucking awful game and a wretched season in the league but calls for the manager's head are premature in my opinion as it won't help us for the rest of this season. The time to assess the damage is in the summer by which time I hope the owners have relinquished their grip on the club.

The players were a fucking disgrace yesterday. Torres was cack, as he has been on several occasions this season. He scores goals, but so does Cisse, but at the moment he contributes with fuck all, just like Cisse. Alonso shite, Carra shite, everyone just really really shite. Yeah but blame rafa for our first 11 not being able to pass the ball, make runs or chase down the ball anymore.

When rafa was getting the best out of the likes of Biscan and Traore on the way to number 5, he rightly got the plaudits. It was seen as justification for getting shut of GH as he was able to get more out of what was almost the same set of players. Now the players on the pitch are not performing to the maximum and haven't for quite some time, do you not feel the responisbilty for that should rest with the manager?

It is the managers job to ensure his side is prepared, confident and ready to play to their maximum, because anything else in the premier league and you will not win. If those players are not prepared, confident and ready to play to their maximum, then imo there is only one person who is to blame.

Lost the dressing room?

Fuck off!!

How about the overpaid egos we call players showing some spine and guts to fight for their club and manager. If only half the players cared as much for LFC as Rafa we would be in a much better position.

Primadonnas the lot. Silver spoon generation. The illness of modern footballers.

I really want us to finish fourth to keep alive CL football for next season. It's imperative rafa and the team is backed at least until the end of the season to achieve that (not to mention the knockout stages of the CL and the FA Cup).

If we finish outside the top four, and with no other silverware, then I'd say this season's minimum objectives have not been met.

Then everything is up for grabs, and it may result in an extended stay for Rafa or it may result in a new manager.

NB - finish in the top four and Rafa must be allowed to keep going.

The fact is we're not doing well. Even before G&H took over we were doing quite poorly, and now the situation's just gotten worse.

Yes Torres and Benayoun have made a difference, but the players we used to depend on have suddenly turned into average average players.

Carra's had a horrible season by his standards, as have Finnan, Riise, Kuyt, Crouch and Alonso (whenever's he's played that is).

Ultimately it might be the manager's fault, but no matter what the manager says, the players should still play to some degree of competency.

All these people talking about some fans being "a disgrace" and saying "back the manager", tell me who has got personal or said they want him to fail? No-one is slagging him off. No-one is saying they won't cheer him on. To say that you believe a manager has reached the end of the line does not make you a bad Red.

Fair points RRT.

It is not only about results for me however. Even if we had secured 4th spot. The team are playing like they have never met. We cannot defend set pieces, even against non league opposition.

Considering the strength of our midfield we are unable to grab hold of a game and rely on Carra and Hypia for our creativity.

There have been flashes of great stuff this season but that is usually followed by wholesale changes to the team and the momentum is lost.

As skilled a boss as he is the fatal would has been struck by G+H his authority has be undermined to such a point as to make his position unteniable.

I cannot for the life of me understand why he has not walked already.

It is not a happy time.

It isnt about results, that's true, but while people chose to see disinterest and lack of passion, I see lack of confidence and an indecision from that that means were on our heels and a lack of that old devil, the rub of the green. Two deflected hand balls for draws, last minute penos, these are the things that can happen to any team at any time, but 4 league draws and a loss, at a ground where United also lost isnt a crisis, IMO. In terms of the cup game, well United drew 0-0 with non leage Exeter a few seasons back (same week we lost to Burnley IIRC), so, did United turf out Fergie ? Wenger scrapped into 4th place over Spurs a couple of seasons ago, parrallels of our fights with local rivals Everton, this year and 05, did Arsenal sack Wenger ? Could the Arsenal board point to 'improvement on the field' as they scrapped for succesive 4th place finishes ? No, but they kept the faith.

We have no idea how the lads are feeling, but whatever Carra and Gerrard think of Benitez, they love the club, so you thing they'd let it down to fuck off Rafa ? Of course not.

IMHO, we've not been helped by some of Rafas ways, but he has changed some too. He doesnt rotate Torres or Gerrard, for example, could it be that their jaded performances lately are because he HASNT rotated ? Maybe he could play Babbel more often, ditto Crouch over Kuyt but again, by playing Kewell and Huyt regularly, he is trying to build up and understanding between players. Damned if he does, damned if he doesnt how can he win ?

I am also certain that our collapse on the pitch coming after the Newcastle press conference (And all it entailed), is not a coincidence, but a direct result of the off field problems. Again, Rafa made it public, Rafa caused the linen to be washed in public, but he obviously had his reasons which at teh end of the day, show he has our interests at heart more than the Yanks.

On top of all that, two key tactical issues. 1) Agger has been injured. Without him we defend much deeper, Agger is also a master at bringing the ball out, ala Hansen, we miss both the high defensive line and his distribution. 2) Pennant, like him or not, he is our best wide player. And he's been out for as long as Agger and is only just back.

We've a very young squad and are desperatly crying out for a Gary Mac type figure, with the experience to lead us. ONly two players were over 30 at the start of the season.

Finally, its well documented how long it took Fergie to get his first title and his first trophy (7 and 5 years IIRC). Our last four managers, yeah including Souness, have all delivered more in those time frames, but none saw their 6th season (some not their 5th). Could it be that being patient actually means giving a manager more time. In Rafas case I say yes, let him see out his contract and see where we are then.

All these people talking about some fans being "a disgrace" and saying "back the manager", tell me who has got personal or said they want him to fail? No-one is slagging him off. No-one is saying they won't cheer him on. To say that you believe a manager has reached the end of the line does not make you a bad Red.

Maybe not Paul but it seems odd to suggest he's reached the end of the line when he's working under the situation he is working under.

The players aren't playing for him. People can scream "He's lost the dressing room" but how? or why?

He's lost the dressing room because suddenly he's telling them all completely different tactics? I don't buy it. Has he lost the dressing room because they all know he's being sacked in the summer? Thats not a reason to stop playing for the manager.

The players need to play for their manager.

And what really irks me is Alot of people DO see it as "The owners V Benitez"

You're either with the owners or with benitez.

So if people start saying "Benitez has reached the end of the line" it'll seriously affect the campaign to get the owners out.

And lets not forget what started this. They wanted to replace Rafa with Klinsmann.

People should accept Rafa is going to find it hard to "re-energise" this team the way things are and should focus on getting the owners out.

and the players should fucking play for their manager.

It isnt about results, that's true, but while people chose to see disinterest and lack of passion, I see lack of confidence and an indecision from that that means were on our heels and a lack of that old devil, the rub of the green. Two deflected hand balls for draws, last minute penos, these are the things that can happen to any team at any time, but 4 league draws and a loss, at a ground where United also lost isnt a crisis, IMO. In terms of the cup game, well United drew 0-0 with non leage Exeter a few seasons back (same week we lost to Burnley IIRC), so, did United turf out Fergie ? Wenger scrapped into 4th place over Spurs a couple of seasons ago, parrallels of our fights with local rivals Everton, this year and 05, did Arsenal sack Wenger ? Could the Arsenal board point to 'improvement on the field' as they scrapped for succesive 4th place finishes ? No, but they kept the faith.

As much as I back Rafa, Wenger and Ferguson had successfully won quite a few League titles by the, so that argument is quite unbalanced.

Give him time, because I don't think things are going to better if he leaves, but worse I reckon.

I want the owners out anyway, whether they back Rafa or not.

Said on couple of threads now the league is the yardstick by which you judge success. We are going backwards. We are 3 points ahead of 9th place - which is a fucking disgrace.

Rafa should be made up about this shit happening with the yanks because in my opinion it is takin the focus of our unbelievably poor perfomance in the league. 3 points off 9th!!!!! For fucks sake - the money we spend and the local players who have come through like gerrard and carra.

In the summer if mouriniho was available and wants to come I would bite his fuckin hand off.

We dont look any closer to winning the league than we did under Houllier.

If Benitez goes on to stay and we win the league under him then I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong but does anybody actually still think this will happen?

Maybe not Paul but it seems odd to suggest he's reached the end of the line when he's working under the situation he is working under.

The players aren't playing for him. People can scream "He's lost the dressing room" but how? or why?

He's lost the dressing room because suddenly he's telling them all completely different tactics? I don't buy it. Has he lost the dressing room because they all know he's being sacked in the summer? Thats not a reason to stop playing for the manager.

The players need to play for their manager.

And what really irks me is Alot of people DO see it as "The owners V Benitez"

You're either with the owners or with benitez.

So if people start saying "Benitez has reached the end of the line" it'll seriously affect the campaign to get the owners out.

And lets not forget what started this. They wanted to replace Rafa with Klinsmann.

People should accept Rafa is going to find it hard to "re-energise" this team the way things are and should focus on getting the owners out.

and the players should fucking play for their manager.

Agree with all of that.

Is it the manager's fault that Alonso, Gerrard and others seem to have lost the ability to pass a ball quickly and accurately over the last month or so?

Or that with the exception of a few like Mascherano, Carra and Sami most of them look like they're just going through the motions?

I know it's his job to motivate them but what do you do if they don't want to be motivated? A bit of leadership on the field wouldn't go amiss either.

Agree with all of that.

Is it the manager's fault that Alonso, Gerrard and others seem to have lost the ability to pass a ball quickly and accurately over the last month or so?

Or that with the exception of a few like Mascherano, Carra and Sami most of them look like they're just going through the motions?

I know it's his job to motivate them but what do you do if they don't want to be motivated? A bit of leadership on the field wouldn't go amiss either.

Know where your coming from but surely the manager is responsible for getting the best out of his players??

Unfortunately footballers are fickle and overpaid and have big egos and it probably is difficult to motivate a player who isnt motivated!! but surely the responsiblity rests with benitez

Benitez is a lucky guy in respect to the support he gets from the fans which is second to none and it is the Liverpool Way.

But when do you say "enough is enough". 3 points of 9th and he has probably spent close to 150 million in his time at the club in 3 and half years add that to the fact you have 2 of the best homegrown players in the worls in carra and gerrard.

We look like we did at the end under houllier.

Disjointed and relying a top player to produce something special.

Did you notice how red his cheeks were in the post match interview last night?

He genuinely looked dejected and unwell. Much as some fans disagree with his selections and tactics, plus the uncertainty of the direction the club is going on and off the pitch, and the suggestion that he has lost the players must be getting to him. I can't fathom the pressure the guy must be under.

I do hope that his health holds up, and that he has the strength to deal with this whatever happens.

If he were to leave, I do hope he is remembered for giving most of us the most unbelievable night as Liverpool fans for a long. And I hope he realises that he made a lot of people happy that day.

As much as I back Rafa, Wenger and Ferguson had successfully won quite a few League titles by the, so that argument is quite unbalanced.

Give him time, because I don't think things are going to better if he leaves, but worse I reckon.

I want the owners out anyway, whether they back Rafa or not.

True, but hasn't Rafa done pretty well to win what he has ? Is one season in four of dissapointment not acceptable in the big scheme of things ? As I go on to say, Fergie won nothing in his first 5 seasons, NOTHING, zip, nada, nowt. NO TING ........ And by the start of his 6th season just an FA Cup. Rafa has a European Cup an Fa Cup and a loss in a European final.

We all agree were not playing that well, but is it as bad as people are making out ? Beliefs on that and the root causes, are, I guess, what is dividing people.