You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dubai International Capital (DIC)

Rashid

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not Danish however. You get my point.

Just reread my post. I don't think either of them's a cunt actually, I just ran out of adjectives I guess.

I do however think Rafa is quite stubborn with his tactics, and a bit arrogant when playing lesser sides because we seemed to think it's just a piece of piss beating them. And we've been showed up everytime.

I'm not Danish however. You get my point.

Just reread my post. I don't think either of them's a cunt actually, I just ran out of adjectives I guess.

I do however think Rafa is quite stubborn with his tactics, and a bit arrogant when playing lesser sides because we seemed to think it's just a piece of piss beating them. And we've been showed up everytime.

Well we 31 shots at goal and 20 of them were on target. Rafa got something right, unfortunately so did their defence and Keeper but not our reward for effort. We lack confidence at the moment.

It's called Football

It's almost a love hate relationship I have with Rafa.

On one hand he's an ace person with the fans, he knows how to keep the fans happy by saying the right things.

However at the same time, he hasn't gotten the winning mentality into the team for one reason or another, and doesn't seem to be able to motivate them enough to win a lot of lower games as well.

I will however have a soft spot for him because he looks a hell of a lot like my dear old man.

On one hand he's an ace person with the fans, he knows how to keep the fans happy by saying the right things.

However at the same time, he hasn't gotten the winning mentality into the team for one reason or another, and doesn't seem to be able to motivate them enough to win a lot of lower games as well.

I will however have a soft spot for him because he looks a hell of a lot like my dear old man.[/QUOTE]

You sure you're not Rashid as he was saying the same the other day...

I will however have a soft spot for him because he looks a hell of a lot like my dear old man.

Now your just taking the piss.

From the Express : I v have searched to see if it has been posted previously but cant see it any where if i has apologises mods please delete :

Yanks So Much - Liverpool To Be Arab Owned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIVERPOOL will be Arab-owned within a month, as the prospect of losing out on Champions League football next season forces the hands of current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Even a dramatic Champions League victory in Moscow in May and a Premier League recovery will only delay the deal, with the American pair so far down the road of selling up that a US firm has been hired to conduct negotiations with the Dubai International Capital.

The Daily Express can reveal that New York investment bankers and advisers Inner Circle Sports, who were heavily involved in Hicks’ and Gillett’s purchase of Liverpool early last year, have been appointed to look after the talks leading up to a sale.

Sheikh Maktoum and DIC head Sameer Al Ansari have been approached by intermediaries offering several Premier League clubs, but they have told them all they are BUYING LIVERPOOL.

The Express has seen confidential financial analysis of Liverpool’s predicament, commissioned by DIC, which indicates the Merseyside giants, one of football’s most famous names, will default on their interest payments on £350million-worth of loans because the club cannot make enough money if they miss out on next season’s Champions League. They lie fifth in the Premier League, three points behind arch rivals Everton.

Rafael Benitez may have suffered the embarrassment of Saturday’s FA Cup exit, but the real issue is the money-spinning Champions League. So it is easy to see why the manager rested key players ahead of tonight’s tie against Inter Milan.

The business plan of Gillett and Hicks hinges on the revenue streams from this cash-rich tournament. They cannot survive without it – even with it, it looks like it is too late to avoid the big sell.

Interest repayments run at £30m a year and without Champions League income they would be at least £15m short of repaying their loans to the Royal Bank of Scotland and American bank Wachovia.

Negotiations between the DIC and the American pair are so well advanced that the only issue is over the precise value of Liverpool.

DIC might be willing to splash out close to £450m to acquire the club, which would represent a staggering £100m profit for one year’s ‘work’ in owning the club by Hicks and Gillett.

An influential City insider told the Daily Express yesterday: “In reality the two banks own Liverpool. If the interest repayments cannot be met the banks would repossess the club.

“Clearly the banks are concerned at the credit rating of the two Americans, who have put up personal guarantees of £225m.

“The banks would be more comfortable with DIC, that’s for sure, and there is no doubt the Americans are sellers, despite what they might say publicly, because they are continuing to talk about it privately.

“It would not surprise me if there was a deal within a month, and it is clear the Americans will want to offload the club immediately if Liverpool fail to participate in next season’s Champions League.

“If they go out of the Champions League that would leave the Americans sweating on fourth place and for once there is some serious competition for that.

“The only conclusion is the Americans would be more inclined to sell up while the offer is on the table from DIC if there is continual doubts that they would be able to meet the interest charges.”

This column first exposed the American takeover as little more than a hugely-leveraged deal akin to the Glazers acquisition of Manchester United, who are in an identical situation with £600m of loans repaid through the club’s profits. But United are far better placed to keep the Champions League rolling.

The refinancing package at Anfield on February 1 has far from stabilised the Americans’ ownership. 

It has ploughed the interest payments directly on to Liverpool assets, meaning it can only be repaid if the club earn sufficient revenue or Hicks and Gillett personally cough up hard cash.

The sensible option is to take DIC’s cash and run – with a hefty £50m profit taken by both men.

I do have a feeling they will buy, but I have seen a few too many of those articles to really get my hopes up. I will also wait before I get too carried away with joy if they do buy and wait and see how it all pans out. As the great George W Bush once said:

"Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. It fool me. We can't get fooled again."

I do have a feeling they will buy, but I have seen a few too many of those articles to really get my hopes up. I will also wait before I get too carried away with joy if they do buy and wait and see how it all pans out. As the great George W Bush once said:

"Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. It fool me. We can't get fooled again."[/QUOTE]

You said that really didn't you...!

Press must love this, they need an article to fill pages, drag out an old takeover article change 'imminent' to 'matter of days' and 'matter of days' to 'imminent', put todays date on and e-mail to the editor while you fuck off down the pub.

Meanwhile matter of days and imminent lose all meaning, nothing happens, and the press repeat the process the next week.

Incidentally, on a vaguely related point, there's a very good piece in the new When Saturday Comes about the Mancs' finances, and how things are looking increasingly dicey for them with the Glazers in charge.

Of course, back in the summer, anyone who was sceptical about Hicks and Gillett was told to look to the example of United and keep quiet. One more irony, I suppose...