You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hicks ready to sell (according to Ice T)

Guest Kenny

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the way Mourinho is mentioned. Assuming this is true....Planning to give him £100m to spend in the summer, eh? It's the only way he'll guarantee you success (and even that will be a bit ho-hum relative to the resources at his disposal, unless his underperformance at Chelsea wasn't his fault in the slightest for some mystical reason).

The fact is, Bascombe is an easy target because he works for a paper people perceive as the Sunday S*n. However, before this CB had a reputation of predominantly reporting facts. Let says CB is reporting what he was told first hand by prominent LFC sources (which he has many of) , that would mean he is being attacked for trying to report fact.

The fact is, Bascombe is an easy target because he works for a paper people perceive as the Sunday S*n. However, before this CB had a reputation of predominantly reporting facts. Let says CB is reporting what he was told first hand by prominent LFC sources (which he has many of) , that would mean he is being attacked for trying to report fact.

I was critical of him long before he moved to the NotW/Screws of the World/Sunday S*n or any other name you care to give it.

So why are they waiting?

Because it's stupid to sack a manager while

1. he's on a winning streak;or

2. it's the middle of the season and you might struggle to find a quality replacement;or

3. you don't want to pay him compensation so would prefer to make life uncomfortable so he walks;or

4. you're trying to raise a huge slug of debt in a difficult finance market and don't want it to look that the club is in turmoil; or

5. you're trying to sell your half of the club at a profit (see 4 above)

etc. etc.

Maybe they're not going to sack him at all. Who really knows apart from them?

For me this is nothing to do with 'sunday s*n', it's simply a disgusting paper bought by disgusting people. I did and still do take Bascombe's article seriously though.

2. it's the middle of the season and you might struggle to find a quality replacement;or

3. you don't want to pay him compensation so would prefer to make life uncomfortable so he walks;or

4. you're trying to raise a huge slug of debt in a difficult finance market and don't want it to look that the club is in turmoil; or

etc. etc.

1) Irrespective of results I believe the story said.

2) It was brought forward and irrespective of results.

3) He won't

4) Too late I think.

5) (See 4 above)

1) Irrespective of results I believe the story said.

2) It was brought forward and irrespective of results.

3) He won't

4) Too late I think.

5) (See 4 above)

Maybe they just changed their minds. Maybe Basco saved Rafa's job for him.

If it hadn't been for that pesky Basco, they would have got away with it.

It's interesting though, if they have been planning to get rid of him at the end of the season no matter what, they'd almost certainly be looking to disrupt the squad and ensure we fail to win the title or CL this year. There's no other way they could get around it.

If last week's protest made something of a splash, imagine one after Rafa had been dismissed despite winning one of the big two trophies this season.

etc. etc.

So you tell a manager he's going to be sacked but leave him in the job?

Bascombe said the decision had been made, not that they were considering it.

Maybe they just changed their minds. Maybe Basco saved Rafa's job for him.

If it hadn't been for that pesky Basco, they would have got away with it.

Maybe what cb has wrote is true thats not my problem with the article.He would have as much chance changing there minds as the fans have zero.One thing you can be sure of is if they have to decided to sack him then he's gone.

presumably we'll get another installment from Bascombe this week, probably like the Mascherano story (he wont sign on the 11th November, he will sign on the 18th November and Rafa has agreed a deal)

He's the only one who's had any reliable info on that story. He had an exclusive interview with Mascherano where he said he wanted it done in 3 weeks but wouldn't join another English club.

Then he spoke to Rafa and found out that a deal had since been negotiated for £17m over 5 years.

He got the story bang on.

Did he?

I seem to recall he said they had "formulated a plan" after Athens, but don't remember him saying there was a timescale on it. I've not got a copy of the article to hand though so I could be wrong, I'm just going off memory.

He said in his interview on Talksport that they were planning to sack Rafa in the summer but the sacking had now been brought forward. This is a direct cut and past from the written article:

Liverpool's American owners were already preparing to ditch the Spanish boss (left) after tiring of the constant behind-the-scenes bickering but this week's developments have sealed his fate.

It's now a matter of when not if the Spanish boss leaves Anfield and that's expected to be sooner rather than later.