You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone fancy a game of footy tonight...

dave u

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ankle's killing me today, and it was for the same old reason!

Half way through last season I blocked a shot and my ankle fucking ragged because of it - I carried on playing through the season with it, but everytime I blocked a shot it hurt.

I thought after a good few weeks rest it would be ok, but it happened again last night and it's really pissing me off!

Wanna get fit so I can join a team once I get up there.

Last night was really good again - it was definitely more competitive/physical which is a good thing I reckon.

Dave's header was a thing of beauty...

My ankle's killing me today, and it was for the same old reason!

Half way through last season I blocked a shot and my ankle fucking ragged because of it - I carried on playing through the season with it, but everytime I blocked a shot it hurt.

I thought after a good few weeks rest it would be ok, but it happened again last night and it's really pissing me off!

Wanna get fit so I can join a team once I get up there.

Last night was really good again - it was definitely more competitive/physical which is a good thing I reckon.

Dave's header was a thing of beauty...

My knee is killing me from last night to. When I bumped my knee into yours, it was one of them where the bones collide, as it were. a wobbler!

My knee is killing me from last night to. When I bumped my knee into yours, it was one of them where the bones collide, as it were. a wobbler!

Yeah they're horrible little knocks them mate. I tried to move out of the way as well but your momentum carried you right into me!

Yeah they're horrible little knocks them mate. I tried to move out of the way as well but your momentum carried you right into me!

Yer, it was sound, just one of those things mate.

It was a crackin game last night though, you guy's did well with just the 3 of you.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
There was some real total football last night, even The kaiser was getting himself assists.

Great finish that one, not like you to show a bit of finesse.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
How many play regular?

There is about a group of 12 of us, i would say 8 have been there every week, and the others the other 3.

Gotta love me megging Monty twice. The first one was especially good :whistle:

You have no shame.

I think you caught me with my foot off the pedal after we'd gone about 20 goals up in the first ten minutes, well that and the fact the ball just bounced off you and went through my legs. You do know you're meant to claim it on the other side for it to count don't you?

We ruled hard this week, Al was a finishing sensation and Rene was class too.

Same teams next week?

You have no shame.

I think you caught me with my foot off the pedal after we'd gone about 20 goals up in the first ten minutes, well that and the fact the ball just bounced off you and went through my legs. You do know you're meant to claim it on the other side for it to count don't you?

We ruled hard this week, Al was a finishing sensation and Rene was class too.

Same teams next week?

No chance. I'm never bringing my mate again.

You do know you're meant to claim it on the other side for it to count don't you?

Ah, then I refer you to the second one, my honourable friend. Little dink through Monty's legs, collected it on the other side and laid a ball across the box which I think resulted in a goal for Wig (not exactly sure on that though, I was too busy savouring the meg to take in what happened next).

Ah, then I refer you to the second one, my honourable friend. Little dink through Monty's legs, collected it on the other side and laid a ball across the box which I think resulted in a goal for Wig (not exactly sure on that though, I was too busy savouring the meg to take in what happened next).

I think remember that. Even though they scored more, our goals had more quality. :smile:

*Apart from Tommys lob, jammy bastard*

I think remember that. Even though they scored more, our goals had more quality. :smile:

*Apart from Tommys lob, jammy bastard*

Me being in goal takes the shine off that though. A blind, one legged giraffe with a stiff neck could score past me as I'm the worst keeper I've ever seen. When I'm in goal, I often find myself wishing I could be on the other team shooting against me.