You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bascombe

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your a fucking judas nick

If your saying that because I indirectly made money from News International then fair enough, However if your saying it because you dont think anyone from Liverpool should ever work for the devil paper even if it means feeding their familly that is some serious fucked up shit

Fivetimes said it right on here, just dont buy it.

If your saying that because I indirectly made money from News International then fair enough, However if your saying it because you dont think anyone from Liverpool should ever work for the devil paper even if it means feeding their familly that is some serious fucked up shit

Fivetimes said it right on here, just dont buy it.

Nick Chris Bascombe is not in that position so that analogy is flawed. Try telling the miners or the sacked dockers to take that attitude, the miners especially, they lost everything for doing what they believed in.

after reading the last few pages of this again i would just like to say

THE WORLD IS A FUCKED UP PLACE

People who place Money at the top of there list would never be convinced by anything I or anyone else had to say as they have something else they hold dearest of all

I do not need to be told by anyone official or un-official how i chose to make my moral judgements and i have no intention to tell others how they should make there's

This debate on boycotts has been done to death.

I havnt seen anyone on here state that CB's decision is anyones but his own to make.

The only point I make is my own

That i choose not to have anything to do with either paper and i would never gain employment from either (which agreed would be unlikely, even for that shite to employ someone who forgets how to spell his own name sometiomes)

If CB expects for everyone to understand his decision and except it for what it is (and im not saying he does) then he is mistaken cos some people will always find fault with it

my own view is do what you think best CB and good luck whith your choice.

The boycott is The S*n. Those who choose to boycott the NOTW because they feel it's the right thing to do in line with the "official" boycott are entitled to do so, just like those who choose only to stick to the "official" boycott are entitled to do so.

I hope all those having a go at CB over this are ensuring their boycott of all things related to Murdoch / News International is complete. No Sky, no Simpsons on Channel 4, for example. Also be careful which games you watch on MOTD because Sky are actually quite possibly responsible for the production of the match itself.

In fact a quick look at the News International website pointed me to the fact that NI is a subsidiary of News Corporation, and their website mentions these names amongst others:

TV:

Sky

FOX Broadcasting Company

FOX Sports Australia

FOX Television Stations

FOXTEL

MyNetworkTV

STAR

Newspapers:

Australasia

Daily Telegraph

Fiji Times

Gold Coast Bulletin

Herald Sun

Newsphotos

Newspix

Newstext

NT News

Post-Courier

Sunday Herald Sun

Sunday Mail

Sunday Tasmanian

Sunday Territorian

Sunday Times

The Advertiser

The Australian

The Courier-Mail

The Mercury

The Sunday Mail

The Sunday Telegraph

Weekly Times

United Kingdom

News International

News of the World

The S*n

The Sunday Times

The Times

Times Literary Supplement

United States

New York Post

Books: Harper Collins

"Other Assets":

Broadsystem

Fox Interactive Media

MySpace

IGN Entertainment

Rotten Tomatoes

AskMen

FoxSports.com

Scout

WhatIfSports

kSolo

Fox.com

AmericanIdol.com

Spring Widgets

Milkround

National Rugby League

NDS

News Digital Media

News.com.au

FoxSports.com.au

CARSguide.com.au

careerone.com.au

truelocal.com.au

homesite.com.au

in2mobi.com.au

News Outdoor

Magazines:

Big League

Inside Out

donna hay

ALPHA

News America Marketing

Smart Source

The Weekly Standard

Gemstar - TV Guide International Inc.

Filmed Entertainment:

20th Century Fox

20th Century Fox Espanol

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

20th Century Fox International

20th Century Fox Television

Fox Searchlight Pictures

Fox Studios Austrailia

Fox Studios Baja

Fox Studios LA

Fox Television Studios

Blue Sky Studios

There's also this:

National Geographic's one of theirs too.

As I say, I hope all those having a go at CB are ensuring they've boycotted all of the above too. You can't have a go at CB for this if you haven't researched how many companies, publications, programmes and the rest are related to The S*n in some way.

And that needs a lot of research I expect. Which is probably a good reason that the "official" boycott was against The S*n and only The S*n.

Well said that man

But we know those same self Reichous so and so's have there sky subscriptions or watch Sky down the pub

Nick Chris Bascombe is not in that position so that analogy is flawed. Try telling the miners or the sacked dockers to take that attitude, the miners especially, they lost everything for doing what they believed in.

More fool them for letting a looney socalist destroy their lives

At the end of the day Principals can be very expensive but people who prefer to be more pragmatic shouldnt be slated for it.

Real Red rightly or wrongly the NOTW is considered by a lot of people to be the Sun on a Sunday none of Murdochs other publications are. That is were the link is, if there was no link there wouldn't be an argument. In 1989 the Times wasn't part of the Murdoch empire the NOTW was, and if it's not the Sunday Sun it's certainly the Sister paper to it as was recognised when Rooney's serialisation began in the NOTW and carried on the following week in the Sun.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of it are no one can truly tell me with a straight face that the NOTW is not so closely linked that it's almost the same. If I'd mentioned that the NOTW was the Sun on Sunday before the Bascombe furore would anyone on here have disagreed?

More fool them for letting a looney socalist destroy their lives

At the end of the day Principals can be very expensive but people who prefer to be more pragmatic shouldnt be slated for it.

What a humanitarian you are Nick someone should have told the Suffragettes not to have bothered and been more pragmatic I'm sure they would have got the vote by 1970.

Big difference I know but Nick's pissing me off.

Who's Donna Hay? Please forgive my ignorance

EDIT: Doh it's Bascombe isn't it?

The boycott is The S*n. Those who choose to boycott the NOTW because they feel it's the right thing to do in line with the "official" boycott are entitled to do so, just like those who choose only to stick to the "official" boycott are entitled to do so.

I hope all those having a go at CB over this are ensuring their boycott of all things related to Murdoch / News International is complete. No Sky, no Simpsons on Channel 4, for example. Also be careful which games you watch on MOTD because Sky are actually quite possibly responsible for the production of the match itself.

In fact a quick look at the News International website pointed me to the fact that NI is a subsidiary of News Corporation, and their website mentions these names amongst others:

TV:

Sky

FOX Broadcasting Company

FOX Sports Australia

FOX Television Stations

FOXTEL

MyNetworkTV

STAR

Newspapers:

Australasia

Daily Telegraph

Fiji Times

Gold Coast Bulletin

Herald Sun

Newsphotos

Newspix

Newstext

NT News

Post-Courier

Sunday Herald Sun

Sunday Mail

Sunday Tasmanian

Sunday Territorian

Sunday Times

The Advertiser

The Australian

The Courier-Mail

The Mercury

The Sunday Mail

The Sunday Telegraph

Weekly Times

United Kingdom

News International

News of the World

The S*n

The Sunday Times

The Times

Times Literary Supplement

United States

New York Post

Books: Harper Collins

"Other Assets":

Broadsystem

Fox Interactive Media

MySpace

IGN Entertainment

Rotten Tomatoes

AskMen

FoxSports.com

Scout

WhatIfSports

kSolo

Fox.com

AmericanIdol.com

Spring Widgets

Milkround

National Rugby League

NDS

News Digital Media

News.com.au

FoxSports.com.au

CARSguide.com.au

careerone.com.au

truelocal.com.au

homesite.com.au

in2mobi.com.au

News Outdoor

Magazines:

Big League

Inside Out

donna hay

ALPHA

News America Marketing

Smart Source

The Weekly Standard

Gemstar - TV Guide International Inc.

Filmed Entertainment:

20th Century Fox

20th Century Fox Espanol

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

20th Century Fox International

20th Century Fox Television

Fox Searchlight Pictures

Fox Studios Austrailia

Fox Studios Baja

Fox Studios LA

Fox Television Studios

Blue Sky Studios

There's also this:

National Geographic's one of theirs too.

As I say, I hope all those having a go at CB are ensuring they've boycotted all of the above too. You can't have a go at CB for this if you haven't researched how many companies, publications, programmes and the rest are related to The S*n in some way.

And that needs a lot of research I expect. Which is probably a good reason that the "official" boycott was against The S*n and only The S*n.

Just being facetious mate.

It's not really, it's a pretty simple question. Would you think worse of him in that situation?

What you or I may think of him is Irrelevant, I certainly wouldnt sit on judgement on him for doing so. Would I think poorly of him well without knowing all the facts I wouldnt be in a position to form a factual opinion, for example if he went there as sports editor I would fully understand his reasons for going etc etc